I Love Getting Killed from 20M with 2-3 Shots from a JG. Thank you Little Orbit.

Title lmao.  This is so god damn stupid.

Edited by Guest

what guns are you using?

Funny thing is when they land the first shot the damage received doesn't look like hvr shot, i think i got a scratch but they shot again... oh.. dead... 😥

Just now, Keshi said:

what guns are you using?

Do guns come with armor now? Why would that matter?

Just now, Signarly said:
1 minute ago, Keshi said:

what guns are you using?

Do guns come with armor now? Why would that matter?
Because if you know they can 3shot you in 20m why do u keep going close?
second yes the gun matter because what if you were using a carbine or an ntec...
if it's an oca i assume you are in the open while they are using 3rd person behind corner to peak shoot you.

TLDR keep your distance and dont miss your shots with what guns you are using, use nades for entry damage if posible and try outplaying the shotgun
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I Love Getting Killed from 20M with 2-3 Shots from a JG

For the US based players, 20m is approximately 65 feet.

What is the typical range of a shotgun?
The effective range of a typical shotgun is about 45 m. (or approx 145 feet)

Granted, this is a video game, and the laws of physics do not always apply.
Take the HVR jump shot that we all love & miss.

Now, there have been very few reports, (if any) of any Army or Marine Corp snipers able to accomplish the "Sniper Jump Shot",
but again, this is a video game, so anything is possible.

As far as the effective range of a shotgun in APB...
Yeah, it is definitely plausible.

Edited by Westford
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Keshi said:
second yes the gun matter because what if you were using a carbine or an ntec...
if it's an oca i assume you are in the open while they are using 3rd person behind corner to peak shoot you.

TLDR keep your distance and dont miss your shots with what guns you are using, use nades for entry damage if posible and try outplaying the shotgun
This is like the 3rd time I've seen this dumb argument. "Why are you even getting in a shotgun's range in the first place?? Just don't miss your shots??" It's not like APB revolves around CQC combat where you are almost always in the enemy's face or anything. A shotgun being able to kill you in 2-3 shots at 15-20 meters is absolutely ridiculous. This makes it to where if you're not using a shotgun you're 99% going to die to one within that range unless the shotty user is absolute garbage. Carbine, OCA, anything even remotely CQC is useless against something that can kill you in a couple shots from that distance

The whole "get gud" argument is stupid. This is exactly what people would say when shotguns were even MORE OP years back. When you could get sniped at like 20-30 meters. It's not balanced stop pretending like it is Edited by SuperToaster
  • Like 12

48 minutes ago, Keshi said:

Wow man I never would have thought about any of those things thanks man. I mean I thought we were supposed to run up to a shotgun user and shoot the wall next to them. Great tip bro hope to see you in ESL one day.

49 minutes ago, Westford said:

Now, there have been very few reports, (if any) of any Army or Marine Corp snipers able to accomplish the "Sniper Jump Shot",

Holy shit, imagine a group of highly trained jump snipers!
Hold up writing movie script now.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Holy shit, imagine a group of highly trained jump snipers!
Hold up writing movie script now.

Haha, yes , that would be epic.

Not sure who they would cast for these roles.... but I'm thinking Matt Dameon gonna be there somewhere...

Ok. were traveling off topic here ... and this is unlike you @CookiePuss

1 minute ago, Westford said:

Haha, yes , that would be epic.

Not sure who they would cast for these roles.... but I'm thinking Matt Dameon gonna be there somewhere...

Ok. were traveling off topic here ... and this is unlike you @CookiePuss

Ryan Seacrest,  Jake Gyllenhaal  and George foreman

4 minutes ago, Signarly said:
Ryan Seacrest,  Jake Gyllenhaal  and George foreman
Ryan Seacrest ???

Dude, you must be smoken shit I never heard of..

Hahaa...

1 hour ago, Keshi said:

u havent been playing have u? im an avid shotgun user and this buff clearly made the jg too strong.

11 minutes ago, MrBubbleTea said:
1 hour ago, Keshi said:

u havent been playing have u? im an avid shotgun user and this buff clearly made the jg too strong.
i do...atleast an hour a day
I did feel every bit of enemies clapping me with those shots they hurts..I just manage to do something else to beat them i guess

10 minutes ago, MrBubbleTea said:
1 hour ago, Keshi said:

Ok. ok.....

Maybe they didn't have a chance to test these changes in OTW for a full evaluation...
Shit happens..

I heard that they are keeping an eye out and will make changes accordingly...
I'm keeping faith ...

Praise be ....

2 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

JG : Initial Damage 140 (66), Damage Total 700 (792), Range 10-20m (20-30)

It's impossible to be 2 shot at 20m now, 3 shot? "maybe" but its probably 4-5 shots. They didn't even touch the bloom for the gun, so it should be very hard for you to get 2-3 shot at 20m, i've been 6 shot though. But that's also ~2s ttk+
29 minutes ago, MrBubbleTea said:
Is the CSG on par with the JG now? How dare they make the JG just as good as the CSG!

21 minutes ago, Keshi said:
i do...atleast an hour a day
I did feel every bit of enemies clapping me with those shots they hurts..I just manage to do something else to beat them i guess

well would u agree that if u and ur opponent are hypothetically equal skilled, u would have to put in more effort to beat the opponent who is using the jg?

3 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:
Is the CSG on par with the JG now? How dare they make the JG just as good as the CSG!

i never really fancied the csg due to its tighter spread and lower hard damage. The buff to the jg (alongside with its already larger spread) makes it way too forgiving. I myself have done 2 shots kill at ranges that were never possible before.

5 minutes ago, MrBubbleTea said:

well would u agree that if u and ur opponent are hypothetically equal skilled, u would have to put in more effort to beat the opponent who is using the jg?

I mean in a lot of games u are gonna find that 1 person that is good with something regardless if its weak or powerfull
And puting more effort = playing better
i like putting effort when i can :D

5 minutes ago, MrBubbleTea said:

i never really fancied the csg due to its tighter spread and lower hard damage. The buff to the jg (alongside with its already larger spread) makes it way too forgiving. I myself have done 2 shots kill at ranges that were never possible before.
I mean, before a JG would only 2 shot at like 5-7m now its ~10-12m. Almost like how shotguns were... 3 years ago. Not horrible but for their ttk it's a bit much. I really wish they didn't decrease the shotgun and smg ttks.

Didnt the only fix shotties need was hit reg or something? I guess LO wanted to change the meta or something so they played around.

Just now, killerskull said:

Didnt the only fix shotties need was hit reg or something? I guess LO wanted to change the meta or something so they played around.

That's what they said, but they seemed to adjust a lot more than just that, been getting 2-3 shot all day from CSGs and see people basically running financial with them lol.

1 minute ago, Similarities said:
2 minutes ago, killerskull said:

That's what they said, but they seemed to adjust a lot more than just that, been getting 2-3 shot all day from CSGs and see people basically running financial with them lol.
I wonder, does this mean the changes will be rolled back once hitreg improves? Or does it mean hitreg will never improve?
qjbgzq5.gif

5 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Put that skill of yours to work and strategize to counter the shotgun user(s). Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Blaming LO here is disingenuous - at best. A shotgun from ~65 feet taking you out is not unreasonable.
  • Like 1

For some reson.. LO want close range combat...buffing the shotgun like it is has made it stupid.. but thats just how i feel...

ive never seen so meny people useing shotguns.....