Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Panicbutton

The Gold Gun business model

Recommended Posts

As a returning player who refused to buy gold guns, from a stance of personal pride, I have to say the gold gun business model is as dead as fried chicken.

As a new/returning player I should be on the same playing field as every other player on the server.  I shouldn't have to have certain mods or certain guns to make missions winnable.  I'm not asking for you to get rid of mods or get rid of gold guns like the whisper, all I'm asking is make the stock guns less shit.  Mods should have a 10/20/30% increase in certain stats.  As it is now if you don't have certain weapons you can't compete.

The forum fanbois will keep this game in the dumpster, stop listening to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What Armas weapons trump their free counterparts? Most of them are reskins anyways

Edited by SuperToaster
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I think the only gun you cant get in game that is any good ATM is the Fang... and with the IR rework, its not as good as it once was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Panicbutton said:

Mods should have a 10/20/30% increase in certain stats.

 
That'd just make said guns with said mods even stronger though? Your point makes no sense.
Anyway, stock PMG/N-TEC/OCA are still some of the best guns in the game. I can compete just fine with stock PMG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

You can win with stock Star. What are you talking about?

Can confirm.
Played a match last night on my home turf (Jericho) against a player who I think was from Citadel and on a new toon (Star and FBW only).

And even though he was salty enough to put me on ignore, he pretty much controlled the match. 
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its clearly time for me to make a suggestion that all weapon icons be colored white. This misconception needs to die.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Puffdragon said:

Lol.. I have a couple purple and blue guns, they are better than gold right?

 

#APBPurpleMeta2018
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nite said:
1 minute ago, Puffdragon said:

Lol.. I have a couple purple and blue guns, they are better than gold right?

 

#APBPurpleMeta2018
Ahh ok, yes I think I have a purple shotgun or something kicking around. I would honestly quit this game but I spent waaaay too much on armas, so I feel obligated to hang around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Can confirm.
Played a match last night on my home turf (Jericho) against a player who I think was from Citadel and on a new toon (Star and FBW only).

And even though he was salty enough to put me on ignore, he pretty much controlled the match. 
Or he got carried by his ping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Clandestine said:
32 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Can confirm.
Played a match last night on my home turf (Jericho) against a player who I think was from Citadel and on a new toon (Star and FBW only).

And even though he was salty enough to put me on ignore, he pretty much controlled the match. 
Or he got carried by his ping.
I wish that was the case.
He was just better than me Im afraid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only exception maybe the Mountie SF9 'Yukon' but only because the burst mode has been reported as being broken and really only dominate in CQC.  Anything past 10-15 meters and nearly any pistol will out perform it.

Since you do not own any of these "golden" guns I do not see how you can make an objective stance on the weapons being overpowered.

I own plenty of them.  I can tell you that no Armas exclusive weapon is dominate for that specific weapon category.  Every weapon in game fills a niche, some of the Armas exclusive weapons do not even do that considering a fair amount of them are just remodels of what you get in game or with locked in mods.

Also, fried chicken is good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SuperToaster said:

What Armas weapons trump their free counterparts? Most of them are reskins anyways

49 minutes ago, illgot said:

The only exception maybe the Mountie SF9 'Yukon' but only because the burst mode has been reported as being broken and really only dominate in CQC.  Anything past 10-15 meters and nearly any pistol will out perform it.

Since you do not own any of these "golden" guns I do not see how you can make an objective stance on the weapons being overpowered.

I own plenty of them.  I can tell you that no Armas exclusive weapon is dominate for that specific weapon category.  Every weapon in game fills a niche, some of the Armas exclusive weapons do not even do that considering a fair amount of them are just remodels of what you get in game or with locked in mods.

Also, fried chicken is good.

Have to disagree here, some Armas weapons are just straight up better for many situations than the free guns. I own a ton of them.
  1. Volcano has an airburst feature which kills campers on rooftops better than anything else in the game.
  2. The PDW-57 Kris is not an OCA-EW reskin, but a whisper with two open mod slots with hidden stats which give it better range and accuracy modifiers than the regular OCA-EW.
  3. The Dog Ear is the best semi auto sniper in the game against both soft targets and vehicles in the majority of situations, and IT CAN BE HIP FIRED. It can also be shot out of car windows, making it hands down the best weapon against vehicles for people who don't have enough joker tickets or aren't ranked high enough to have car surfer.
  4. ATAC. Enough said.
  5. Yukon before the nerf had the lowest TTK in the game and was absolute cheese within point blank ranges.
  6. Euryale is a straight upgrade to the Shaw aside from having a microscopically higher TTK by like 0.03 seconds. No, I'm not exaggerating that value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, notHunky said:
Have to disagree here, some Armas weapons are just straight up better for many situations than the free guns. I own a ton of them.
  1. Volcano has an airburst feature which kills campers on rooftops better than anything else in the game.
  2. The PDW-57 Kris is not an OCA-EW reskin, but a whisper with two open mod slots with hidden stats which give it better range and accuracy modifiers than the regular OCA-EW.
  3. The Dog Ear is the best semi auto sniper in the game against both soft targets and vehicles in the majority of situations, and IT CAN BE HIP FIRED. It can also be shot out of car windows, making it hands down the best weapon against vehicles for people who don't have enough joker tickets or aren't ranked high enough to have car surfer.
  4. ATAC. Enough said.
  5. Yukon before the nerf had the lowest TTK in the game and was absolute cheese within point blank ranges.
  6. Euryale is a straight upgrade to the Shaw aside from having a microscopically higher TTK by like 0.03 seconds. No, I'm not exaggerating that value.
... sigh
how many times must this discussion be had?

All legendaries can be acquired though in game cash, so this includes BOTH the Volcano and the Yukon.
The Kris is a Whisper which is available in the joker store.
The ISSR-B is available in the joker store.
The ATAC is available in the joker store.
The Euryale is the Stheno and is available in the joker store.

I mean really guys, can we just stop?
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
... sigh
how many times must this discussion be had?

All legendaries can be acquired though in game cash, so this includes BOTH the Volcano and the Yukon.
The Kris is a Whisper which is available in the joker store.
The ISSR-B is available in the joker store.
The ATAC is available in the joker store.
The Euryale is the Stheno and is available in the joker store.

I mean really guys, can we just stop?
I think the problem with the joker store is that you have to play pretty frequently each week to sustain that weapon ownership/duration.
For people who have a 9-5 job and do other stuff in the spare time, it's a bit "cheaper" to pay for it.

And IIRC, someone did a thread on the Pay-to-win-ess of ARMAS guns, with the NSSW coming out on top.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah I think the only gun you cant get in game that is any good ATM is the Fang... and with the IR rework, its not as good as it once was.

that ROF change hit it hard, buuut since i use it like an act it doesnt matter much /shrug
1 hour ago, illgot said:

The only exception maybe the Mountie SF9 'Yukon' but only because the burst mode has been reported as being broken and really only dominate in CQC.  Anything past 10-15 meters and nearly any pistol will out perform it.

Since you do not own any of these "golden" guns I do not see how you can make an objective stance on the weapons being overpowered.

I own plenty of them.  I can tell you that no Armas exclusive weapon is dominate for that specific weapon category.  Every weapon in game fills a niche, some of the Armas exclusive weapons do not even do that considering a fair amount of them are just remodels of what you get in game or with locked in mods.

Also, fried chicken is good.

How is the burst fire broken? It's RoF should be the different than it's full auto now. It's full auto was broken before the nerf due to a glitch, not the burst fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Caesruul said:
I think the problem with the joker store is that you have to play pretty frequently each week to sustain that weapon ownership/duration.
For people who have a 9-5 job and do other stuff in the spare time, it's a bit "cheaper" to pay for it.

And IIRC, someone did a thread on the Pay-to-win-ess of ARMAS guns, with the NSSW coming out on top.
Yeah there is no doubt about that. Using the Joker weapons does require the grinding of both Fight Club and Daily activities, and even then yields a finite number of tickets.
Matt seems to be aware of this drawback so maybe we will see a change in the future. Oh, and iirc the new "Riot" mode which was going to replace Fight Club will also allow for the acquiring of joker tickets.

As for the N-SSW it is a wicked powerful weapon, HB2 N-SSW allows for accurate full auto spray up to 50m without adding shots to kill... and the new IR changes which slow fire rate allow for enough bloom recovery between shots at IR3 to be nearly as accurate, while still giving +9m of range.
That being said, there is a 3slot version of the N-SSW available in the joker store.

In fact the only good weapon not available in game currently is the RFP-9 Fang.
Though its debatable if its still better than the RFP available in game due to the IR3 changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
got wrecked by star
Yeah i'm always amazed at people when you go stock star and just wreck everything. Like do you not know how to  counter this weapon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:
28 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
got wrecked by star
Yeah i'm always amazed at people when you go stock star and just wreck everything. Like do you not know how to  counter this weapon?
I tried it all... and he got half a dozen kills just using the FBW.
I bet I threw 40 low yields that match too!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

In fact the only good weapon not available in game currently is the RFP-9 Fang.
Though its debatable if its still better than the RFP available in game due to the IR3 changes. 
The fang is still good, but not as. I'd say it's fairly balanced now. While it definitely has range, it no longer has the fast ttk. I've been caught several times already during refire on it where i had to reenter cover because it's slower. Though i can't say it was overpowered to begin with. With a 40m range before it's ttk was 1.05-1.4 on average. While more effective than the ACT I feel like people just wanted to complain and didn't realize that it's actually meant to be a weapon similar but different than the FBW.

Now the TTK is ~1.23? And closer to ACTS 1.5 and not nearly as good as the FBW's 1.05 so it definitly got the nerf... but i still had people whine about it today sooooooooo (and my average ttk in general for it was at least 1.3-2s to begin with)

People hate pocket obirs.

 
2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I bet I threw 40 low yields that match too!
 
There's your problem, you used low yields.
  Edited by Noob_Guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer the Pink Gun business model that happens in February and should happen in October to raise money for Breast Cancer awareness.

Edit: Open to any charity of the community's choosing:

 

Edited by LUST
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:


  There's your problem, you used low yields.
 
That and my poor aim, yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Panicbutton said:

As a returning player who refused to buy gold guns, from a stance of personal pride, I have to say the gold gun business model is as dead as fried chicken.

As a new/returning player I should be on the same playing field as every other player on the server.  I shouldn't have to have certain mods or certain guns to make missions winnable.  I'm not asking for you to get rid of mods or get rid of gold guns like the whisper, all I'm asking is make the stock guns less shit.  Mods should have a 10/20/30% increase in certain stats.  As it is now if you don't have certain weapons you can't compete.

The forum fanbois will keep this game in the dumpster, stop listening to them.

most of the stock guns are not shit

but i agree all armas weapons should have white symbols on the scoreboard, with the exception of legendaries and the purples from retail boxes (and the dog ear, for some strange reason)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
27 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:


  There's your problem, you used low yields.
 
That and my poor aim, yeah.
I use frags, that way if I have poor aim I still get the kill. For 1 extra painful second, i can ensure i get a 1-2 hit on 2-3 people in my blast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...