PonuryZniwiarz

Why game looks so drab?

Why console version is way more colorful?:C
I play with distabled Bloom and game looks damnn drab without it add some colors to it, increase contrast
Make it looks like some version of gta 4 ELFC colorful like "the ballad of gay tony" or toned like "lost and damned"

• Like 1

isn't that pretty much the point of having bloom?

16 minutes ago, PonuryZniwiarz said:

Why console version is way more colorful?:C
I play with distabled Bloom and game looks damnn drab without it add some colors to it, increase contrast
Make it looks like some version of gta 4 ELFC colorful like "the ballad of gay tony" or toned like "lost and damned"

Are you asking why console looks worse without bloom?
Or are you comparing console to PC?
Sorry, Im a little confused.

Console looks garbage compared to PC, turn your graphics up and use bloom, the consoles have it enabled.

Consoles have the 3.5 build which uses a much more lively color palette than current APB’s which is a slightly desaturated, bright color palette. Kinda similar to Black Desert

APB's bleached environment, as well as all of the pay phones scattered around the map, makes me feel like I'm in the 90's.

Edited by TrinityFSB

Even 'old' PC version looks better than the 'new' console version.

1 hour ago, TrinityFSB said:

APB's bleached environment, as well as all of the pay phones scattered around the map, makes me feel like I'm in the 90's.

Well that sounds depressing

On 8/11/2018 at 12:31 AM, Kevkof said:

isn't that pretty much the point of having bloom?

Bloom got nothing to do with making things more colorful. It's just supposed to create those light blobs around bright areas.
NewBloom.jpg

Problem in APB is that it doesn't just disable bloom, as it disables the color correction aswell, and the base game for some reason is extremely dark and desaturated.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

APB is supposed to be grey and dirty.

Console APB is colorful and full of palm trees where there shouldn't be any, that's not what APB is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GhosT said:

Console APB is colorful and full of palm trees where there shouldn't be any, that's not what APB is.

APB prior to G1 messing with the colors and lighting was quite colorful.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GhosT said:

Anything is better than what APB is now. Edited by ANG3Lskye

51 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

APB prior to G1 messing with the colors and lighting was quite colorful.

Yeah, somewhere between now and RTWs massive overuse of bloom and saturation was pretty nice.
It wouldn't hurt to add a little more color to the game, but the console editions are waayyyy too colorful for APB imo.

Edited by GhosT
typo

4 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Even 'old' PC version looks better than the 'new' console version.

Agreed, lighting and shadows are rushed on consoles. I made a comparison a year ago, my very first edited video actually lol, sorry for the rather poor quality. In most areas PC looks more detailed and polished, though the higher resolution textures on console are quite nice. Color effects look unprofessional on consoles, almost like a cartoon game.

Based on the video above, I actually much prefer the look of the console version. Everything looks more vibrant and looks as though there is more contrast. Just my personal opinion.

1 hour ago, Grizmo said:

Based on the video above, I actually much prefer the look of the console version. Everything looks more vibrant and looks as though there is more contrast. Just my personal opinion.

Imho console version has the saturation set way too high, and shadows are too dark.

Speaking of shadows, they completely removed all baked shadows, means there's no "shadow in shadow" system, so indoor areas and other areas like under the financial bridge look like some game from 2004 with the graphics set to ultra low.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Flixy said:
11 hours ago, TrinityFSB said:

Well that sounds depressing
The 90's was unique and underrated time that we will sadly never see again...  
On one hand I kind of like the drabness, but on the other, I feel like San Paro is supposed to be modeled after San Diego a little bit, so more color would make sense. 

You know u can adjust color saturation / vibrancy / gamma levels etc with nividia control panel settings or ati Catalyst Control Panel > My Digital Flat Panels > Display Colors (Digital Flat-panel) > Color Correction > Saturation etc?

You can blame the blue filter for the game looking so bland.  APB's base color palette is fairly colorful, you can see it around sunset when the blue filter turns off.  But during the day and night time it makes reds and oranges much less vibrant.  It was added way back in the patch that made everything else look like shit.  This was also the patch that broke DoF, bloom, and the nighttime fog was changed to an extremely dense dark blue instead of a light orange.

APB: Reloaded 2018
FcKNDvn.jpg

APB: Reloaded 2011
Game+Tips+And+More+Screenshot+-+APB+2011

G1 uglified the shit out of this game.

San Paro is a dystopian city, and typically, dystopian settings tend to be rather drab. Even most of the "crapsaccharine world" dystopias are. SP would look quite "off" if it was too "vibrant". This ain't Disney World, after all.

On 8/12/2018 at 3:57 AM, TrinityFSB said:

I, personally, kinda like the "retro-futuristic" feel of APB. Though I do have to admit the huge tube TVs are a bit much.

console. is just a whole mess of terrible design decisions that hopefully are avoided with the pc upgrade.
a lot of the color changes to the player/car editor is a big turn off of the console version, as well as the redesign of the ui. at the same time, the new lighting looks nice on console (hope they can do it with the gray editor though on pc, should stick to neutral colors in editors).

id focus more on making the game look the same but run better, then have the option to tweak it higher/lower.

as for now v old with pc, the old version was overly bloomed. while i get the appeal, san paro isnt vegas or times square. lights make more sense in the current version, but maybe the blue filter could be adjustable (again user control).

Edited by tennogrineer