TonyKebell

ARMAs = Way over priced.

The new gun, for a character lifetime, which should be the default IMHO. Is $26.50
I can buy a raft of indie game off of Steam for that princely sum.

LIKE APB and want to support it but these prices are unreasonable and the fact that anyone has ever bought anything from ARMAS is a joke.

(Also i though $1 = 100 G1C now? It still shows 1 = 83)

• Like 2

Yea its little sad, you are able to buy new game with access to content for just one armas weapon in APB :C
And it is 1$=100g1c mayby you have some bug or you trying to pay with other valut than USD, also mayby you choose payment option with tax.

Edited by PonuryZniwiarz

Why can't I just spend $30 to own a copy of the game. Then unlock all the guns, clothes, and kits through progression.

like wtf is this shit. I'm above rank 200, with tiptoe and birth unlocked, but my garage consists of a Gx8800, Mikro, and Espacio, all with no body kits, and only wheels and audio because I caved in a bought those(which were not worth the money).

fucking STOCK bodywork everything for those cars. They all look like patootie. and to think that I'd need to spend minimum $10 for one type of body kit for one car is fucking stupid. For all 3 cars it'd be more than $30. Then I'd only have one kit for each car. Not including wheels and audio which would be somewhere above $45 total. Then if I wanted two more kits for each of the 3 cars, I would be spending an additional $60 more for this shit. And if I wanted one permanent primary weapon, let's say a character bound CR5. That would set me back approximately $30 more.

Total for 3 kits one for each of 3 cars, 1 permanent character CR5, and wheels & audio for 3 cars:  $135

one hundred and thirty fucking five dollars for this small amount of bullshoot which people used to be able to unlock through progression back in 2010. Then I hear about people who spend hundreds on those stupid joker boxes and then get no legendary, nothing permanent. It makes me want to blow my brains out because of bad I feel for these people, and how greedy this shit is. 

Edited by IAmDisappointSon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, IAmDisappointSon said:

Why can't I just spend $30 to own a copy of the game. Then unlock all the guns, clothes, and kits through progression.

That was APB 8 years ago. This game probably would do better with a P2P model assuming the company could find a way to still profit with it

I've spent too much money on this game that I regret so even though I want to support the game I can't justify purchasing anything for this unreasonable price anymore. When we get an armas rework to fix prices I'll probably buy stuff, till then I'll sit back and watch my 1220 days of premium slowly tick down.

9 minutes ago, Tizzie said:
That was APB 8 years ago. This game probably would do better with a P2P model assuming the company could find a way to still profit with it
In today's market, it's impossible to be successful with a sub model unless you're already well established (eg WoW and XIV). They might be able to pull some measure of success with a buy to play model; such success would be small and fleeting though, making it not worth bothering with.

Edited by Hexerin

Yeah the prices are insanely high. I basically don't want to purchase any guns on Armas, because the meta may change, and they're costing the equivalent of 3 months of game sub to any other game, or 1 new big game release. I buy bundles with cosmetic items because that will always be nice to have, and the packs are a bit more reasonably priced (even though some packs still have 30 days guns instead of permanent, which is insane).

I think, in general, the gun prices are the worst. Joker Mystery Boxes should really also have a cap for how many you need to buy in order to unlock the weapon you're looking for.

But from the perspective of G1/LO: If you reduce the price by 50%, you have to consistently sell 100% more than you did before, and produce new content twice as fast. I can understand why that's not feasible.

Just now, CookiePuss said:

IKR?
Its not like it costs anything to keep APB going.
... oh wait

You do realize it's possible to post without being condescending and patronizing, right?

It's possible to discuss prices while also acknowledging the fact the the game costs money to run. Refer to my post above. Try to contribute something meaningful to a thread, for once in your life.

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

IKR?
Its not like it costs anything to keep APB going.
... oh wait

Yes, the game costs money to run, yes the game costs money to develop, yes companies need to operate on a net gain and not a net loss if they're to survive, but paying $40 (and even more) for an account-bound gun is just awful, and if the prices are lower, you'll most likely get more people buying, but with the current user base I suppose prices need to be eye gouging because it's not too easy to survive otherwise, maybe when more players show up prices will lower...or when the engine upgrade doesn't come, according to mods.

1 minute ago, Similarities said:
most likely
It isn't a question, lower prices will sell more and to more people. This is historically proven via a multitude of other commercial successes (Steam being the most obvious thing to point at).

ARMAS is overpriced compared to a bunch of indie games on Steam, a platform known for easily accessible cheap games, but how many hours do you really put into those games?

Also keep in mind that EA still charges $80+ for an incomplete version of their game, then gets you with more $60 DLC later.

And I think we're all forgetting that Little Orbit is the first to put up a permanent item on ARMAS for <50 G1C

The change is coming. You just gotta be patient.

...or 'yno..just get a source of income..like a sugar daddy..or a job. 🤷‍♂️

Here is what was actually said about ARMAS pricing, so if you don't agree with the current prices, maybe just hang in there for a bit longer...

Q: Will the ARMAS pricing be changed? And if so, how?

A: It’s interesting, seeing as I have spent time looking at it. People are divided on the opinion of what APB is, some say it’s P2W, and some don’t. I don’t think APB is P2W, but there is a stigma. You could give the best weapon to the worst player, and the worst weapon to the best player, and the best player would win every time hands down. APB is a game of skill. The weapons don’t make that big of a difference, however the stigma does exist for a reason. I do think we need to go through the pricing and change it, as it is a little obscene. I’d like to bring it down to a price that players don’t feel gouged. It is a little bit too egregious and expensive. We have hired back one of the designers from the game, to help us with factoring more weapons in game and balancing.

27 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

ARMAS is overpriced compared to a bunch of indie games on Steam, a platform known for easily accessible cheap games, but how many hours do you really put into those games?

Also keep in mind that EA still charges $80+ for an incomplete version of their game, then gets you with more $60 DLC later.

And I think we're all forgetting that Little Orbit is the first to put up a permanent item on ARMAS for <50 G1C

this one doesn't mean too much because there's no such thing as temporary 10 day clothing. But this does show that they're not going to be like G1 with the pricing. 

54 minutes ago, LazyLizard said:

I have a Job, but $26 for one gun is insane.

2 minutes ago, TonyKebell said:
58 minutes ago, LazyLizard said:

I have a Job, but $26 for one gun is insane.
It could be much worse. have you ever seen World of Tanks or War Thunder tank prices?
  • Like 1