Dopefish

[Repost] RTW 2010 vs G1 2014

12 minutes ago, BuckyTheBronco said:

If I recall correctly, wasn't the purpose of the changes to help client side performance? It would be interesting to see frame and stability differences between these two stages of shaders/textures to see how effective the changes really were. 

Kinda. Some of the changes were performance related while others were simply developer preference. 

Aaaand now I'm going to stop posting for a bit. Feel like I'm spamming up this thread. 

• Like 1

Just now, Genobee said:

Kinda. Some of the changes were performance related while others were simply developer preference. 

Aaaand now I'm going to stop posting for a bit. Feel like I'm spamming up this thread. 

Please don't stop Genobee, we all love you :classic_love:

10 minutes ago, Genobee said:

Didn't the old devs completely mess up the shaders back then during mid-late 2013 under Monte and never had the old shaders present to fall back to if they screwed up? This is what I heard long ago, I'm not sure if information has reached the surface that explains what happened more clearly.

hahha this was like reading one of those imgur threads where someone talks about their dog or spouse or sibling who passed away and you see the before pictures with them all in it and everyone is happy followed by the pictures of just them by themselves and everyone is gone. lol. feelsbadman haha

EDIT: The blue muzzle flash once you've modded a gun was the beeeesssssssssssstttttttttt

Edited by Ohshii

man the game looked so great and now its just, ugh, its not good

1 hour ago, Genobee said:

A third comparison to where APB ended up might be in order.

I don't think the graphics have changed since 2014 though.

1 hour ago, Genobee said:

There's no longer the same type of bloom. The 'high quality' star shaped bloom, that is, versus the standard circular blob we have now.

Here's a comparison mockup that Kogey made way back, which is pretty accurate:
Posted Image

And another RTW screenshot to illustrate it:
Posted Image

1 hour ago, BuckyTheBronco said:

If I recall correctly, wasn't the purpose of the changes to help client side performance?

The topic that discussed the changes have since been removed, but you can read MonteCristo's comments in it here:
http://apbdb.com/track/293961/

51 minutes ago, Genobee said:

You would never be able to spam the thread! Thanks for taking the time to post and provide your insight 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -Rachel- said:

Well aside from that, but I mean the general glow.

But but, think about the stars 😮

17 minutes ago, Fumiku said:

But but, think about the stars 😮

Even though it's not all that realistic with that much light pollution, I would prefer stars in the sky.

• Like 1

Just now, -Rachel- said:

Even though it's not all that realistic with that much light pollution, I would prefer stars in the sky.

muh immersion

Just now, BXNNXD said:

muh immersion

muh beauty

Dope please , it's the second time i see this post now , im sad once more ;-;

Just seeing old screenshots with population and your friends , and then the same screenshot but with you alone  that hurts .

as for my opinion i think on some places the RTW shaders were overbloomed sometimes  , the g1 shader has some nice stuff , but yeah at some places it just looks like lights are painted

honestly i think just a new revision of the shader with an orange ( sunny ) tint would be better , blue tints have always been bad , for your eyes and for the feel the game gives you .

Edited by Ketog

1 minute ago, Ketog said:

Dope please , it's the second time i see this post now , stop making me sad once more ;-;

Just seeing old screenshots with population and your friends , and then the same screenshot but with you alone  that hurts .

as for my opinion i think on some places the RTW shaders were overbloomed sometimes  , the g1 shader has some nice stuff , but yeah at some places it just looks like lights are painted

honestly i think just a new revision of the shader with an orange ( sunny ) tint would be better , blue tints have always been bad , for your eyes and for the feel the game gives you .

Not to mention that the game is really washed out since the changes, it looks awful. I used to use a custom shader that intensified the colors, it looked so good.

Found some videos in pretty decent quality, that showcased the RTW version of the game in action.

• Like 1

In most of the screens you can see a difference of night and day :classic_laugh:

I dunno, rtw looks better but theres too much bloom or something. I would say we need rtw but improve on that.

please can we just reset the game back to the last RTW version 😞 I dont mind losing 5k H playtime... Just give it back to us.

I rather wait for UE 4.0 then having a look onto a 8 - 10 years old engine, Performance on the RTW version was most likely better as the current one obviously, but I would like to see the game joining the 21th century tbh + having a performance ingame, which also gives you smooth 100 - 120 fps average.

On a side note, ye I agree, plz get rid of the ugly look we have to deal with right now in general.

But before anything, make the server Performance great again :classic_blush:

1 hour ago, Francaise said:

Why ???

Probably just one of many things G1 broke with their patches, and never either noticed or bothered to fix it :')

3 hours ago, Francaise said:

Why ???

1527843043-2010.png

1527843047-2018.png

It's the crim and enforcer lanes

On 5/26/2018 at 10:50 PM, BuckyTheBronco said:

If I recall correctly, wasn't the purpose of the changes to help client side performance? It would be interesting to see frame and stability differences between these two stages of shaders/textures to see how effective the changes really were. 

And how did that end up?

To be fair, the unreleased engine overhaul screenshots do look amazing for daytime, even though they still suffer from the blob bloom.

APBR_May16_Screenshot01.jpg

APBR_May16_Screenshot02.jpg

APBR_May16_Screenshot03.jpg

APBR_May16_Screenshot04.jpg