7 replies to this topic

Jdred

Jdred

Conscript

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • Joined 23-November 11
http://www.playrust.com/

Game is pretty legit for alpha, had a ton of fun tonight playing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kingllama

Kingllama

Novice

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Joined 06-October 11

http://www.playrust.com/

Game is pretty legit for alpha, had a ton of fun tonight playing.

What is rust?
Posted Image

Jdred

Jdred

Conscript

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • Joined 23-November 11

What is rust?

Its like a DayZ survival zombie game. Was made by the guy who made garry's mod. It's like a mix of DayZ, Garry's Mod, and Minecraft.

Can build your own houses, have to gather resources, craft, learn recipes you find on people or zombies or in crates.

Full loot PvP game

Posted Image

Posted Image

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • 7747 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Its like a DayZ survival zombie game. Was made by the guy who made garry's mod. It's like a mix of DayZ, Garry's Mod, and Minecraft.

Can build your own houses, have to gather resources, craft, learn recipes you find on people or zombies or in crates.

Full loot PvP game

+9000

Must say, it has extreme potential for a 20$ game.

Even with it's "full loot", I got spanked 4 times when I started out (Hatchet or Rock vs Guns... not to sweet) and finally grouped up with everyone.

Got a bow, 9mm pistol, and just wrecked 6 peeps trying to gank my patootie. Thankfully, only one had a bow and the rest were using hatchets... needless to say it's a rush xD

Wanna say after I moved my location after recent raiders, attained the following.
  • Guns/Ammo
  • Four 9mm pistols
  • 1 MP5 - So god damn worth it
  • 200 9mm ammo : I tend to carry 30-60 on me depending on the situation.

Optional Ranged Weapons :o
  • 3 Bows : Heavy damage, long reload, but OMG I love bows in this. Granted, wouldn't recommend using it to fight people with guns. But is good for hunting silently! (You can hear gunshots from an extreme distance away)

Melee/Tools
  • 3 Stone Hatchets : Incase I died and needed to gear up.
  • 2 Hatchets : Slightly better than stone hatchets for gathering, much better for melee damage.

Resources
  • 1k wood : Takes 380 to make a wood house, you also want to get a metal door (200 metal fragments)
    • Requires workbench
  • 65 stone : Isn't used to often thankfully - Workbench (8), Furnace (15), Stone Hatchet (8), and Arrows (1)
  • 150 cooked chicken : They don't have different meat sources, give them time.
  • 168 animal fat : Only used to make furnaces so far... maybe they'll give more used later.
  • 144 cloth : Attained from any animals for the most part, gotta check about bears.
  • 32 leather (bears and I think wolves?)
  • 36 blood packs (wolves/bears) : Used for Medkits
  • 1250 charcoal : Used for gunpowder, along with Sulfur (Used it all on gunpowder lol)

Only downside of course is starting out, getting ganked, and the fact your character is naked... might wanna cover up?

Watch out for the Pantless Woodelves :o

Edited by Reaps989, 25 November 2013 - 02:27 AM.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Kingllama

Kingllama

Novice

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Joined 06-October 11
This sounds like a game I'd play. Do you have to remake your character each time like Dayz? or is it like Ultima online where you just res and come back?
Posted Image

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • 7747 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

This sounds like a game I'd play. Do you have to remake your character each time like Dayz? or is it like Ultima online where you just res and come back?

Res and come back, yet since it is alpha and exploits are fixed... there are wipes.
Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • 1683 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12
I've been keeping an eye on this game, it's pretty neat. I can't wait to see how it progresses into Beta and onwards.

oum60z.png

Love me or hate me. I am flattered to make the minds of so many.

Brock Enders

Brock Enders

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 05-April 14

I've been keeping an eye on this game, it's pretty neat. I can't wait to see how it progresses into Beta and onwards.

I've been checking out this game a bit....it looks really cool. I may give it a try.
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users