Sign in to follow this  
ProPagandaGR

Coming back to APB after 5 years.

Hello everyone,

Recently I've noticed alot of people talking about APB  again. 
Im really curious if this game is worth playing again because it was one of my favourite ones. I still remember the hours I wasted playing this game and the ammount of exams I failed because of it haha. 
Could some of you please tell me what have changed and if it is a good time to come back ?

Edited by ProPagandaGR

Game is worse than it was 5 years ago. I have high hopes for Little Orbit to fix it and make it better but unfortunaitly I have very little faith in them. I'd recomment checking forums once again in a month or two

I'd say it's worth. Just give it a try and if you have fun, good for you. It's prolly not going to die very soon considering how long even G1 was able to keep this up.

Oh wow, really sad to see that it's even worse that it was 5 years ago 😞 
Well, back then people were just playing and waiting for G1 to finally update the Unreal Engine but it never happend and because of that all my Clan mates quit playing it. They just got bored and tired of waiting for G1 to do what they promised... 

Its entirely subjective whether or not things are better. 
Just log in and give it a go. 

• Like 2

It's been a cointoss for the community. I have been here 7 years and I'm just happy to see a company A) give a shit about the game. B) Make some needed changes and tweaks. As @CookiePussput it, best bet is to login and see for yourself. It's free afterall ; ) Welcome back!

Depends what you up to. If you just want to do missions then you have bunch of same old and deployables/consumables. Hit reg is bit more broken than it was in 2013 due to the amount of people that play with 100ms+. If you want to chill and have some slow paced missions in bronze then nah sorry. That was killed when Innova was shut down and all rus tryhards moved to Citadel.

The good news is there's been a few structural improvements in the last few months with more on the way. To wit:

• BattlEye alongside Fairfight for anti-cheat duty
  • Revised Friends list and a trade system slated as upcoming
  • A raised fps cap of 144Hz for high refresh players who have the horsepower for it
  • A weapon balance pass, some network changes, a new sidearm
All that said however, the long awaited Engine Upgrade is still in progress, and any large scale content additions won't really manifest until around the time it drops as well. So for now we have the prospect of improvement, a new development team to execute the improvements, and some small to medium additions.

I'd say if you've not been feeling the urge to play since, maybe start of 2016, there's not much to come back to, yet (except the increased playercount maybe).
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ProPagandaGR said:
Hello everyone,

Recently I've noticed alot of people talking about APB  again. 
Im really curious if this game is worth playing again because it was one of my favourite ones. I still remember the hours I wasted playing this game and the ammount of exams I failed because of it haha. 
Could some of you please tell me what have changed and if it is a good time to come back ?

Great time to come back. Developers actually care about the game. The game is getting better slowly. Patches to fix the game. To be honest. Its looking good for APB's future,
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this