Sign in to follow this  
skaterdanny1

Constant FPS drops since last patch (freezes)

Since the last patch, every 20 seconds or so my FPS goes from 80 to 0 freezing the screen completely, which lasts for about 3 seconds. These FPS drops mostly happen when in combat, which makes me die a lot and is very frustrating. Anybody else here has the same issue or know how to fix it?

Thanks

• Like 2

beye faq https://www.battleye.com/support/faq/
When starting my game with BattlEye enabled, I get constant stuttering/freezing whenever I press mouse/keyboard buttons.
This is typically caused by malware/adware/PUP constantly reloading into your game. Please try to scan your entire system with anti-malware software such as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to remove it.

beye is enabled on any combat server it is explaining why you have those freezes. before do something try join to social and give a bit time and see any side effects on freezes, if it is continues this is not beye, but if there is non of freezes at social that 100% is not beye related issue -> and you can continue scan ur pc for malware

Edited by Dahel

I scan my system weekly with various anti malware software. I also use an anti virus which is always active. This issue was not present before this recent patch (BattleEye was already enabled before this patch). So this leads me to believe that this is not related to BattleEye as I had no issues prior to this patch.

I still get these freezes in social. (they are less frequent and shorter though)

Edited by skaterdanny1
  • Like 1

It has nothing to do with my system, as I play other CPU/GPU intensive games without any stuttering. And this issue has only been present since LAST patch, not before it.

Reinstalled the whole game, reinstalled BattleEye, monitored my system for potential strange hardware issues without any success...

The last patch simply just broke something which I can't fix

Hey there!

Got an i5-6500, RX 480 and 8 GB RAM. After installing it 3 days ago I've been receiving long and frequent FPS drops. I instantly went online and checked several threads for possible fixes.
This is the only one I tried and it actually worked. After making the changes MAKE SURE to launch the game from 'APBprogram' instead of the launcher, as the launcher will rewrite your changes.

PGIneMx.png

2 hours ago, Lokislav said:

Hey there!

Got an i5-6500, RX 480 and 8 GB RAM. After installing it 3 days ago I've been receiving long and frequent FPS drops. I instantly went online and checked several threads for possible fixes.
This is the only one I tried and it actually worked. After making the changes MAKE SURE to launch the game from 'APBprogram' instead of the launcher, as the launcher will rewrite your changes.

PGIneMx.png

I've tried playing around with the numbers, it does seem to be the GarbageCollector that's causing the FPS drops. If I increase the number however, the FPS drops are more impactful (longer). And if I decrease the number, the FPS drops are more common (but shorter). I can't seem to find a sweet number though, as both are not the desired result.

1 hour ago, skaterdanny1 said:
4 hours ago, Lokislav said:

Hey there!

PGIneMx.png

I've tried playing around with the numbers, it does seem to be the GarbageCollector that's causing the FPS drops. If I increase the number however, the FPS drops are more impactful (longer). And if I decrease the number, the FPS drops are more common (but shorter). I can't seem to find a sweet number though, as both are not the desired result.
have you tried both settings? for example the '120' value fitted me, however the RAM size made me go for the value '4' in the latter command

Yes, but the GB ceiling is never reached, so the second option has no influence. It's just the timed option that removes the garbage every X seconds that causes the FPS drop.

Edited by skaterdanny1

did ya monitored tskmngr processes and services? while fps drops???
usage of RAM n CPU
need snaps of usages so we can help ya.
we cannot help ya until see CPU or RAM issue caused by lagging/struggle.

**sometimes bugged 

Edited by Dahel

Yes, the FPS drop happens when the RAM get's cleaned by the garbage collector. It usually goes from 2.4GB to 2GB (clearing 400MB)

Remove all malware.
non of antivirus non of antimalware can do 100% detection, to do it u need install virustotal tool, than from tskmngr every single process open file location, right click on it send to virustotal n wait for results, if any infection - delete it. Some of malwares are smarter than just delete, another process can recover it sometimes need to delete its recovery, best chechk all processes twice.

As reported, before had clear os, but after got malwares and started issues to micro freezes caused by malware, after deleting em issue gone. (18years expierence manual fight with viruses n malwares, never used avirus or amalware)

Edited by Dahel