Sign in to follow this  
WorldDominator

New Weapon changes and improved rifling mod feed back

i just tried the new weapon changes and I'm really not a big fan of it as  the main reason for these changes was to balance the so called '' overpowered '' weapons. Lets start with the Hvr, people have always complained about how the hvr is overpowered and needs a nerf because of its raw damage power u can get 1 shotted by the slighest damage u can take accidentally, what Little Orbit did was just removing the ability NOT to quickswitch but to noscope or jumpshot using the Hvr it is pretty boring for an fps game to have guaranteed useless jumpshotting keep in mind that normal quick switching still works and the raw massive damage of the hvr still exist and can still be overpowered from both long and close ranges, it is not a nerf to quickswitching or raw damage power but a removal of noscoping and jumpshotting gameplay styles with that specific weapon keep in mind that you can still go for the easier option of using a scout hvr for faster quickswitching more guaranteed jumpshotting than the so called over powered sniper and you still get to be fully mobile with no movement restrictions. honestly what should have been done to nerf the hvr 762 was to nerf its damage power to 80, 75, 70 as its still not that mobile and not removing a complete gameplay style ( jumpshotting ) which is pretty hard to actually hit in most situations and calling that a nerf.

Alot of people say that ntec is overpowered aswell for some reason, ntec is still the same as it used to be unless you want to use IR which was essential to give it that little extra range with increasing the recoil slightly and still kept it pretty well performing for a good player to outplay an enemy who plays OCA or shotguns in close ranged spots with the current fire rate nerf to the IR3 i dont think that would be easy anymore not that it was that easy to begin with especially if the enemy mains close combat weapons.  

OSCAR now is pretty useless as it was always bad ranges without the IR3 and IR3 was essential for it to be part of the meta, the dramatically reduced fire rate made this weapon nearly unplayable.

As for CSG and JG they used to be really overpowered and able to 2 shot if you aim perfectly and get all them pellets into the body of your enemy , with the current buffs all i can say is that shotguns will be over used by everyone as they been buffed dramatically letting a silver player who has somewhat inconsistent aim to be able to 2 shot enemies more frequently. 

As for the untouched weapons that should have really gotten a nerf first one of them is the Rfp secondary which has somewhat decent fire rate and nearly 0 accuracy loss in close combat and could still pretty well out ttk an ntec user before the ir3 nerf imagine how unbalanced that would be now ( keep in mind that most players who use rfp have got a shotgun or smg as a primary weapon with the current buffs to shotguns and the untouched somewhat insanely accurate SMGS  it would be nearly impossible for an ntec player to win against this setup in most situations unless the enemy is really bad ).

There is also alot of the already neglected really overpowered weapons like yukon, pmg, oca, true ogre, dog ear.

what this patch made me feel is that all the risky and fun outplays should not take part in this game anymore.

I got really disappointed by this sudden patch as Little Orbit promised not to do any changes to the current gameplay  and my opinion is that Gamersfirst last weapon balancing patch was not supposed to be changed now at least until the main gameplay issues get fixed like fps drops, game stuttering, engine update and improving the servers performance as these should have taken as first priorities to bring players back into the game and I'm sure that the majority of players did not mind the now previous meta and still pretty much enjoyed the game even though it needed and still needs alot of performance improvement.

Edited by WorldDominator
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, WorldDominator said:

OSCAR now is pretty useless as it was always bad ranges without the IR3 and IR3 was essential for it to be part of the meta

Most people I see playing the OSCAR use RS3 and CJ3, and play it mostly like a Joker Carb.

As for CSG and JG

I haven't tried those, I'll give feedback when I do.

really overpowered weapons like yukon, pmg, oca, true ogre, dog ear.

I believe the Yukon's bugged fire rate was fixed? It stated in the patch notes.
The PMG is good, but not god tier.
With the OCA, I agree so-so, I don't think it's THAT good of a weapon.
The True Ogre... Come on, free kills, honestly. Just walk backwards.
And the dog ear, is it even meta in high tier matches?

Sorry if my opinion doesn't match yours or the next posters. It's just how I see things.

1 hour ago, JohnNighthawk said:
Most people I see playing the OSCAR use RS3 and CJ3, and play it mostly like a Joker Carb.

Sorry if my opinion doesn't match yours or the next posters. It's just how I see things.

I hope you're just being sarcastic.

7 minutes ago, swft said:

what's your problem? your n-tec is not working anymore? what's wrong? tell me. Edited by 23k

17 minutes ago, 23k said:
what's your problem? your n-tec is not working anymore? what's wrong? tell me.

my understanding is that cooling jacket barely affects the oscar; it is also the same with obir. PMG and OCA are both great weapons. 

Simply walking back will not always work because the ogre will often kill you before you're out of range.

32 minutes ago, Realise said:

my understanding is that cooling jacket barely affects the oscar; it is also the same with obir. PMG and OCA are both great weapons. 

Simply walking back will not always work because the ogre will often kill you before you're out of range.
Yeah true ogre and nfas are the most broken weapons in this patch they need a fix. Everything else is alright. Edited by 23k

2 hours ago, JohnNighthawk said:
  I haven't tried those, I'll give feedback when I do.
  I believe the Yukon's bugged fire rate was fixed? It stated in the patch notes.

Anyone who uses CJ on the OSCAR is a moron, it's one of the worst mods to put on it.
OCA is a very good weapon, and was needlessly buffed a year or two back to have a faster fire rate, making it even better.
True Ogre destroys hitreg for anyone that goes against it.
Dog-Ear is underrated af. It's now way better than the Obeya in terms of range and speed, before this patch it was about equal. It can also jumpshoot like the old Scouts.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kiida said:
Anyone who uses CJ on the OSCAR is a moron, it's one of the worst mods to put on it.
OCA is a very good weapon, and was needlessly buffed a year or two back to have a faster fire rate, making it even better.
Dog-Ear is underrated af. It's now way better than the Obeya in terms of range and speed, before this patch it was about equal. It can also jumpshoot like the old Scouts.
So it's bad for you? True Ogre shouldn't even exist in a game or it needs to get that damage dropped. Edited by 23k

2 minutes ago, 23k said:
So it's bad for you? True Ogre shouldn't even exist in a game or it needs to get that damage dropped.
All the Ogre really needs is a lot less pellet spam and ammo count. If you've ever faced someone who uses it you should notice that your hitmarkers disappear and a lot of your shots don't seem to do anything, that's the main problem with it really. Edited by Kiida
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kiida said:
All the Ogre really needs is a lot less pellet spam and ammo count. If you've ever faced someone who uses it you should notice that your hitmarkers disappear and a lot of your shots don't seem to do anything, that's the main problem with it really.
Ogre and nfas right now are probably the most broken weapons in the game without a doubt, they're probably the only 2 weapons that really need a fix everything else is alright. Or do you think something else also needs to be fixed? Edited by 23k

28 minutes ago, 23k said:
Ogre and nfas right now are probably the most broken weapons in the game without a doubt, they're probably the only 2 weapons that really need a fix everything else is alright. Or do you think something else also needs to be fixed?
i remember using the ogre and i can confirm that most of the times my hitmarkers dissapear but my target does die tho....

In all honesty, i think this whole movement was a good move..

(As redundant as it might sound)

Edited by JungleFlaco

2 hours ago, 23k said:
what's your problem? your n-tec is not working anymore? what's wrong? tell me.

LOL as if that's a problem, the n-tec is even better now, if you didn't know.

I'm just saying that whatever the other dude said is just straight bullshoot, any decent player with over 2k hrs that is not a boosted gold will agree with me. Edited by swft

1 hour ago, Kiida said:
wise Kiida is wise

6 hours ago, 23k said:
Ogre and nfas right now are probably the most broken weapons in the game without a doubt, they're probably the only 2 weapons that really need a fix everything else is alright. Or do you think something else also needs to be fixed?
I'll have to disagree with you there, both weapons are very situational, usable only for ambushes, corners and extreme close ranges.
At those situations, they exceed, but everywhere else they are bad. I don't think they require a fix.

Also, regarding this:
8 hours ago, swft said:

Like I stated, it's my opinion and the experiences I've had in-game lead to what I believe, no need to agree to it.

Sign in to follow this