Sign in to follow this  
Shiggi

Conclusion of the new Update [] GREAT OR BAD []

Conclusion of the new Update [] GREAT OR BAD []  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Conclusion of the new Update

• Great! (all good)
    • Bad! (Rf 3 is stupid)
    • Its a start! (Let's see what happens in the future)

Feel free to say why it's great or bad.
Praise or Hate are Welcome.

*add CookiePuss attitude ( its a start )

Edited by Shiggi

csg was fine before, why does it have to be so freaking op now?

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Its a start.
Thats how Im choosing to look at it. 

Agreed. So far it's certainly not bad.

There are other things they need to look at of course. 

I really hope the Rifling change doesn't stay, it has broken more things than it was supposed to "fix". 

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Its a start.

Didn't have time to try it yet, people are giving almost only negative feedback, but I am glad to see this, it is just a start, LO team is "getting integrated" very well into this, people don't know or choose to ignore that it's damned difficult to just get in the middle of thousands of thousands of lines of code and keep the show running. especially taking into consideration that even Reloaded Productions were very slow with it even after years.

4 minutes ago, Frosi said:

I really hope the Rifling change doesn't stay, it has broken more things than it was supposed to "fix". 

One thing I immediately noticed is the drawback for burst weapons is virtually non-existent compared to other guns. That probably needs to be looked into. If they really want to keep the reduced rof they need to get modifications applying that behavior correctly to those.  Edited by Genobee

9 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Its a start.

I think this is a good attitude.

It's a start, I hate it but we gotta move backward to move forward sometimes.

Only good thing is the unused guns being more viable now but holy crap how on earth did this shotgun buff go through? Shotguns require no aim now and are so forgiving. This IR change is terrible.

8 minutes ago, dogfish said:

Only good thing is the unused guns being more viable now but holy crap how on earth did this shotgun buff go through? Shotguns require no aim now and are so forgiving. This IR change is terrible.

Pretty much this. Not sure why this patch was rushed since there was a lot of feedback in regards to the shotgun being overpowered from the OTW servers. The IR change has pretty much just buffed the weapons that they were trying to nerf by making these changes and have nerfed some perfectly balanced weapons instead.  I think we need a proper testing team of veteran players who are good/decent at this game to help the Dev team with balancing or at least give input that will be taken into account.  Instead of just listening to 1 player due to their following. Edited by Nev

Well, it's a start and they definitely tried, but they rushed it too fast and pushed it out while it's far from polished.
Imho they made the game worse with this patch.

N-TEC is better than ever, shotguns are back to their op 2012 times, almost every other weapon has been extremely nerfed if you use IR3.
Though the misery, oblivion and cobra changes are pretty good. Super weird.

I think its a start, since the shotguns are kinda too strong now. I dont mind the IR change, but imo the ntec didnt really get a nerf through that tho. Not that I thought the ntec even needed a nerf tbh.

Edited by girrrinator

its a start
Matt said that there will be more tweaking. So yall need to chill and stop bashing on LO and let them do their job

Definitely a start. 
[Minor mistake in damage-ranges, woops.]
The JG is a powerhouse, a proposed change is that they get reduced movement when firing. 
Alternatively, something like removing their capability of jump shooting effectively might be very nice too. This is more common wiith the CSG, though. 
I like to play shotgun too, and I'm pretty sure people aren't just playing shotgun because they changed it. It's also because it's too effective right now. 

Edited by Spherii
Misread NTEC stats and proposed a nerf that shouldn't happen.

3 minutes ago, Spherii said:

Definitely a start. 
Maybe it's time to nerf N-TEC's effective range, the weapon should not be doing better than a rifle at 50M. I propose damage fall-off at 50M to begin with. 
Then, with IR you can go up to 59M at the cost of lower fire rate. 
The JG is a powerhouse, a proposed change is that they get reduced movement when firing. 
Alternatively, something like removing their capability of jump shooting effectively might be very nice too. This is more common wiith the CSG, though. 
I like to play shotgun too, and I'm pretty sure people aren't just playing shotgun because they changed it. It's also because it's too effective right now. 

Don't think that's what needs to happen. They just need to adjust IR3 to 7m again but keep the fire rate deficit and we'll pretty much go to the way it was before the patch. N-TEC doesn't nearly have as much of a dominant position in the meta anymore as it use to before the balance pass. So we've managed to take two steps forward in a certain regard but in other places we may of went one step back and that's fine, I just feel the game is in a better position now. 

all to all they changed too much in too less time they barely know the game and make this big changes everything is broken now try a valhalla gun with cooling jacket 3 my god gun is going way too fast to be normal xD 

Good job LO u done it (fail)

2 minutes ago, Scheepy said:

all to all they changed too much in too less time they barely know the game and make this big changes everything is broken now try a valhalla gun with cooling jacket 3 my god gun is going way too fast to be normal xD 

Good job LO u done it (fail)

Do you mean the  norsemen guns?
Cuz neither they, nor cooling jacket was changed. 

... Im so confused Edited by CookiePuss

double post.

Edited by Spherii
neuter your cat

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Do you mean the  norsemen guns?
Cuz neither they, nor cooling jacket was changed. 

... Im so confused
try it first use ir3 on it with its slower fire rate its normal like it was before then try with cj3 too fast for that gun lol

15 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Damage drop off already starts at 50m for the N-TEC.

Woops,will edit in a bit.
14 minutes ago, AgentWatson said:
20 minutes ago, Spherii said:

Definitely a start. 
Maybe it's time to nerf N-TEC's effective range, the weapon should not be doing better than a rifle at 50M. I propose damage fall-off at 50M to begin with. 
Then, with IR you can go up to 59M at the cost of lower fire rate. 

Don't think that's what needs to happen. They just need to adjust IR3 to 7m again but keep the fire rate deficit and we'll pretty much go to the way it was before the patch. N-TEC doesn't nearly have as much of a dominant position in the meta anymore as it use to before the balance pass. So we've managed to take two steps forward in a certain regard but in other places we may of went one step back and that's fine, I just feel the game is in a better position now. 
Misread the stats of the NTEC, the NTEC itself as fine as it is right now. 
  Edited by Spherii

Sign in to follow this