Triksterism

Fix descriptions to reflect new changes

i haven't been able to play for awhile but if no steps were taken to change the in-game descriptions then...yikes.

did someone press "publish" by accident? heh.

1 hour ago, Triksterism said:

For the people who don't follow the forums / read change logs, the new changes are going to be a bit jarring because the in-game description(s) of things have not changed at all. IR3 still shows the old description (bloom penalty).

While we're on the topic, I don't thin the arbitrary in-game stats have been changed. Ever.

@MattScott

i went to check again and i saw the 18% reduce in red Edited by Keshi

1 hour ago, Triksterism said:

For the people who don't follow the forums / read change logs, the new changes are going to be a bit jarring because the in-game description(s) of things have not changed at all. IR3 still shows the old description (bloom penalty).

While we're on the topic, I don't thin the arbitrary in-game stats have been changed. Ever.

@MattScott

???
c56038207b15fc28f5b48df1371af5be.png

50 minutes ago, SKay said:
???
c56038207b15fc28f5b48df1371af5be.png
Did they have a new patch? I was streaming last night and the descripts were the same as pre-patch.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/294962749?t=06m00s Edited by Triksterism

You're using localization files and haven't updated them yet, so yes, the mod descriptions will be incorrect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Similarities said:

You're using localization files and haven't updated them yet, so yes, the mod descriptions will be incorrect.

That makes sense. Thank you. Sorry for the thread!

4 minutes ago, Triksterism said:
5 minutes ago, Similarities said:

That makes sense. Thank you. Sorry for the thread!
Just to save you some time since I have to update my localization files as well, ModifierEffects.INT (or .GER if you're using the GER localization) is where they store the strings related to mod descriptions.

@Similarities That's what I just did. I copied all of the new INT files over to my GER folder and batch renamed the extensions from INT to GER (ren *.INT *.GER). I manually edited my HudMessages.GER and TaskObjectives.GER

I just copied and renamed them through command line because it makes me feel like a big hacker man, but I have far too many other modifications to my localization files to overwrite all of them. 🙃

Just now, Similarities said:

I just copied and renamed them through command line because it makes me feel like a big hacker man, but I have far too many other modifications to my localization files to overwrite all of them. 🙃

Out of curiosity, what changes? I just have the mission descripts and custom kill feed.

Just now, Triksterism said:
1 minute ago, Similarities said:

Out of curiosity, what changes? I just have the mission descripts and custom kill feed.
Kill feed, mission headers and descriptions, kill/assist/objective messages, shortened medal messages to not take up half the screen, shortened EULA so I don't have to scroll through it to click "Continue" for every patch that releases, and some others.