Beastie

Weapon Balance Changes - 1.19.6

3 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

Why would a rifle need Rifling to compete with the N-Tec? At which range?
With the current changes a N-Tec equipped with Rifling has almost the same minimum TTK as the Obeya CR, but still less effective range and a much harsher damage drop-off. You could probably slap Heavy Barrel on the Obeya and completely wipe the floor with the N-Tec at most ranges.

You kill the range of the Obeya putting HB on it.  I guess this change forces weapons to stay within their intended role instead of being able to take on multiple roles.

I wonder how the SHAW will feel with IR3.

Any chance the sniper damage change has a bug that causes this?

Maybe it's erroneously registering it should do 0 damage, and thus giving no markers?

4 minutes ago, nacitar said:

Maybe it's erroneously registering it should do 0 damage, and thus giving no markers?
Had this same problem last night.
I'll see if I can find a clip. 

6 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:
The way I understand it, the first pellet to hit the target deals most damage. This is not the first fired pellet. If only one pellet out of all fired ones hits, it will do maximum damage. That's why it feels like certain shotguns can now again two-shot almost every time, even while only aimed roughly in the direction of an opponent.
You're vastly overthinking how this works. It isn't a hit order thing, as every pellet hit/miss is determined simultaneously the moment you fire the weapon (this game doesn't have projectiles, outside of obvious things like rockets or grenades). All the game does is take the number of hits, and apply the base damage and per ray modifier accordingly.

Take, for example, that you landed only 8 pellets (of the potential 21) from the CSG shot you just fired. CSG base damage is 70, per ray modifier is 0.9, so:
First pellet does 70, then: 63->56->50->45->40->36->32, for a total damage on that shot of 392.

Edited by Hexerin

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:
You're vastly overthinking how this works. It isn't a hit order thing, as every pellet hit/miss is determined simultaneously the moment you fire the weapon (this game doesn't have projectiles, outside of obvious things like rockets or grenades). All the game does is take the number of hits, and apply the base damage and per ray modifier accordingly.

Take, for example, that you landed only 8 pellets (of the potential 21) from the CSG shot you just fired. CSG base damage is 70, per ray modifier is 0.9, so:
First pellet does 70, then: 63->56->50->45->40->36->32, for a total damage on that shot of 392.

So it is a hit order thing.

lol you funny guy Hex

1 hour ago, nacitar said:

I had this happen yesterday in FC when the servers were getting like 1-2 packet loss every other minute. Spray a guy point blank with carbine, no hitmarkers, blood, assist or anything 

2 hours ago, SuperToaster said:
4 hours ago, nacitar said:

I had this happen yesterday in FC when the servers were getting like 1-2 packet loss every other minute. Spray a guy point blank with carbine, no hitmarkers, blood, assist or anything 
No lag when this happened... wish I had /fps up to show it.  I really wonder if there's some weird edge case with the HVR accuracy/damage logic change.  This isn't normal.

You know, the idea that all pellets do not impact simultaneously probably explains the whole 'shotgun hitreg lol' meme APB has always had - if the pellet raycasts are done across several server ticks instead of all in the same tick then it is actually possible for hitbox location to change significantly between the first pellet ray and the last. Maybe this change should have been done from the very beginning.

27 minutes ago, Nite said:

You know, the idea that all pellets do not impact simultaneously probably explains the whole 'shotgun hitreg lol' meme APB has always had - if the pellet raycasts are done across several server ticks instead of all in the same tick then it is actually possible for hitbox location to change significantly between the first pellet ray and the last. Maybe this change should have been done from the very beginning.

Hmmm, I wonder... Matt did say the problem was exacerbated by higher ping cases too.

Would also explain why server hiccups affect shotguns so badly - Regular guns get ghost shots, shotguns get ghost pellets

Edited by Nite

The only weapon I can find that sticking IR3 on doesn't neuter it is the N-TEC and scoped version.

Edit: Also, shotguns are stupid overpowered.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

6 hours ago, nacitar said:

not gonna judge u for a 255 using hvr, pdw and percs against silvers and green but yeah something definitely wrong with the green player since ur crosshair didnt even turn red so yeah it should be some client side issue with the green player. im just talking out of my arse i know nothing technical.

8 hours ago, nacitar said:

Something like that didn't happen to me yet but I'm guessing that it isn't connected to HVR. Since even the AAEPD didn't seem to kill that guy until one point, it was probably that enemy player's fault. 

can we at least get a hotfix for the shredder next week, thx.

Has to be said, regardless of what the patch did. When everyone's using shotguns (JG/CSG) in a match...it was really fun and fast paced. Cars speeding, shotgun 2, get back in race around bodies flying. Game is so fast is quite exhilarating.

But yeah err, it's a bit bad when only one or two types of gun is the meta. The rifling nerf imo was rushed, only really a handful of guns were the problem.

Edited by Shini
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Uqe said:

for the shredder we ned a hotfix for all shotguns :,D

3 hours ago, TackoGirl said:
6 hours ago, Uqe said:

for the shredder we ned a hotfix for all shotguns :,D
I agree, but seeing how theyve already put it into live, it's pretty clear to me they have no idea how to balance, so at least fix something that's blatantly broken

On 8/9/2018 at 4:19 PM, Keshi said:
It stands at the bottom of the patchnode. they fixed the fire rate bug and now matches the other 2 mountie variants. they didnt nerf it, they fixed it
They didnt fix it, its unbalanced, hope they add some damage to markship mode or the gun is useless in my eyes.

7 hours ago, eazy-vinny said:
On 8/9/2018 at 10:19 AM, Keshi said:
It stands at the bottom of the patchnode. they fixed the fire rate bug and now matches the other 2 mountie variants. they didnt nerf it, they fixed it
They didnt fix it, its unbalanced, hope they add some damage to markship mode or the gun is useless in my eyes.
marksmanship mode is just for more accurate, further shots.. you get 10% less accuracy to make up for it being more versatile.

As for the Shredder...
I see it as fixed finally.. it's always had the hard damage, and it still gets beat by mid range assault rifles and other shotguns so it's fine Edited by Unclean

Please,please revert shotguns. Its fucking absurd now. EVERYONE is using either shotguns or snipers, they are hands down the no brianer choice and vastly superior to any other category of weapons. Shotguns need to be nerfed.  People either camp a corner with a shotgun or bumrush you in a car, get out and then start shotgunning. No skills involved or required other than a bit of pre-planning.

The game is not playable in this state. Its a random context of who has the mission on his side aka if you can corner camp.

I have no idea how people even compained about N-Tec with Impr Rifling. It was the single gun in this game that felt appropriate and intuative. Every other gun is just awkward to use. All the carbine guns are absurd because you run at fulll speed and remain perfectly accurate, while EVERYONE is using a rapdifire macro to avoid the dumb "you can fire as fast as you can click, except you can't because we kinda built a break into it"-mechanic. That entire concept has to be scrapped, its just providing unfairness.
 If anything the whole gunplay shouldve been build around the N-tec handling.

Edited by InternetLunatic

3 hours ago, Unclean said:
marksmanship mode is just for more accurate, further shots.. you get 10% less accuracy to make up for it being more versatile.

As for the Shredder...
I see it as fixed finally.. it's always had the hard damage, and it still gets beat by mid range assault rifles and other shotguns so it's fine
you honestly think the shredder is FIXED?
A shotgun that 3 shots at 40m. Shotguns should not be doing any damage at that range Edited by Uqe

4 hours ago, Unclean said:

As for the Shredder...
I see it as fixed finally.. it's always had the hard damage, and it still gets beat by mid range assault rifles and other shotguns so it's fine

You've lost your mind, Shredder is definitely way too strong right now.

Eventually you can say Shredder is fixed when it fires full rounds (slug) instead of pellets (birdshot or buckshot)....

00001-shotgun-shell.jpg

This then can explain the wide range....
Then only the pellet sounds must be fixed to hear only one impact.

On 8/10/2018 at 5:01 PM, nacitar said:

Thats called no hitreg. Something LO should have fixed first before balancing weapons tbh. Balancing weapons based on reg that doesnt work wont properly balance anything as if nothing hits as it should u cant properly gauge where most weapons are at.

1 hour ago, SpeedyCat said:

Eventually you can say Shredder is fixed when it fires full rounds (slug) instead of pellets (birdshot or buckshot)....

00001-shotgun-shell.jpg

This then can explain the wide range....
Then only the pellet sounds must be fixed to hear only one impact.

I think if it were brought down to a 3-ball, it would be fine.. then again, with the way the new pellet system works, it would still be doing 350+ damage for 2/3 balls hitting.. you could also say it's firing fleschette right now which would further explain the range

7 hours ago, Uqe said:
you honestly think the shredder is FIXED?
A shotgun that 3 shots at 40m. Shotguns should not be doing any damage at that range
Like I said, it still loses to ARs at that range. VERY RARELY would you be killing in 3 shots past 30m and when you do, you've got IR on which means lowered firerate and less effectiveness up close (and perfect aim)

All weapons should be balanced around the Ntec, which seems to do fine against the shredder which is why I say it seems fine atm. A single shotgun having a higher range than others isn't unheard of in a game, but I do like how the shredder is being seen as op now that people are actually using it.. meanwhile the jg is impossible to go against if they have a corner lol.. but again, that's kind of how it should be since it's a very situational, niche weapon