Beastie

Weapon Balance Changes - 1.19.6

33 minutes ago, Lord Cashpoint said:
To be honest, I'm finding it hard to try anything out with the servers performing so poorly right now.
Jericho's running just fine.
5 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:
If it were "Last man standing" with no respawns it would be BR, but it's not, and it's team based.
Battle Royale can also be team based. It's very obvious that "Riot" is a mode cashing in on the Battle Royale hype, just as Fight Club was created to draw in Call of Duty / Battlefield players for the sake of boosting population numbers. Edited by Hexerin

I kind of like the shotgun changes as they turned into what they were supposed to be but the Strife really still needs some love because it dies compared to the other shotguns.
It got less bullets, it´s ROF is much slower and now it even got less range. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BlackJana said:

I kind of like the shotgun changes as they turned into what they were supposed to be but the Strife really still needs some love because it dies compared to the other shotguns.

They completely dumpstered the Strife, which was the only shotgun that was actually fun to use.
  • Like 2

what is "weapon prototype e" and "weapon control group" that shows up on the rulesets?

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:
5 hours ago, BlackJana said:

They completely dumpstered the Strife, which was the only shotgun that was actually fun to use.
I felt that way too after I read the patch notes for its range nerf. I was like WTF the only shotgun with a 1.2 ttk and you're going to nerf it? *facepalms*

3 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I felt that way too after I read the patch notes for its range nerf. I was like WTF the only shotgun with a 1.2 ttk and you're going to nerf it? *facepalms*

1.25 ttk*
they also nerfed the overall damage to stop the 1 shotting of fragile users

I really don't mind the nerfed damage but it really needs to be able to compete with the other shotguns. With a ttk this long I'd expect some range to go with it or something like that. While JG can still two shot on like... 15m or so, Strife can't even think about it. Same goes for CSG. It got an increased range but because of the number if pellets and the spread, you need three hits quite often on 15m and even less. 

6 hours ago, SirEdwin said:

IR3 should be reworked ...

Indeed. Its new downside is more like an upside for a lot of weapons.

8 hours ago, ElectroStingz said:

I agree, what happened to acting on the feedback and tweaking for further adjustments?

I'm not sure how many players gave this one a go but the gun is showing no real world improvement. (I left feedback in the other threads too)
0.015s on paper translates to nothing.
Yeah I played with it an hour to see if I could notice a change. I couldn't find anything different about the way it performed. 

Suggestion:
PerShotModifier 1.50> 0.80 
PerShotModiferCap 1.50>1.15
Run Modifier 5.0> 3.8
Sprint Modifier 7.5 > 4.0
Walk Modifier 1.2> 1.1 
Jump Modifier 40.0> 9.0

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

This was a big blow to the fun of the Strife, and nothing was OP about this being a thing.  I was shocked when I realized this happened.

4 minutes ago, mynd said:
2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

This was a big blow to the fun of the Strife, and nothing was OP about this being a thing.  I was shocked when I realized this happened.
you and me both

1 hour ago, mynd said:
4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Same actually.  It was already a gun nobody really wanted to use besides those wanting to be "different".  Nerfing the damage AND range just makes it even less desirable.  And you can't even put IR3 on it anymore.

One gun that i liked to use and now there's kinda no point to it.  Maybe i sound over dramatic but it really is worse off now than before.

2 hours ago, BlackJana said:

Indeed. Its new downside is more like an upside for a lot of weapons.

Tell me which guns are better now?
i see that obeya, ntec, sr15, obir, csg pr2 are having slow shooting rates as hell

7 minutes ago, SirEdwin said:
i see that obeya, ntec, sr15, obir, csg pr2 are having slow shooting rates as hell
ntec d8dnt get hurt at the ranges it is intended to be used
obeya yeah a little but
obir almost non exictent 
and csg yeah but still has better range then other csg's now

frenzy feels much better with it
and far too

i am still bit disappointed by HVR full dmg...

SG-21 'Strife' : Initial Damage 80 (45), Damage Total 858 (945) Range 7.5-15m (15-25)
CSG : Initial Damage 70 (31), Damage Total 614 (651), Range 10-20m (20-40)
JG : Initial Damage 140 (66), Damage Total 700 (792), Range 10-20m (20-30)

Yes "SG-21 'Strife" have biggest DMG ,But at same time it have almost x2 times slower fire rate than JG or CSG and CJ2-3 mod doesnt help. And to think that you gonna give lowest range for strife is fck ridiculous ! Lmao nerfing already rare to see and hard to use weapons XD OP.

1 hour ago, Ebola-Chan said:
ntec d8dnt get hurt at the ranges it is intended to be used
obeya yeah a little but
obir almost non exictent 
and csg yeah but still has better range then other csg's now

frenzy feels much better with it
and far too
What about the rfp feng i paid for, it feels like it always ghost-shots ;o i cant kill anymore with 3 burst... the normal rfp is better now

I think the shotgun range buff is a bit to hard. Everyone just plays csg with ir3 (lower fire rate can be beaten out with shoulder switching) and it is disgusting because you don`t stand a change by getting 2shottet at 20m.

2 hours ago, SirEdwin said:
Ursus is literally a lazer, NSSW as well, star is pretty strong, VBR profits as well,...

2 hours ago, EliLPD said:

Everyone just plays csg with ir3 (lower fire rate can be beaten out with shoulder switching) 

wait what?
could u post video of this, I was not aware this was a thing

16 hours ago, ElectroStingz said:

I agree, what happened to acting on the feedback and tweaking for further adjustments?

I'm not sure how many players gave this one a go but the gun is showing no real world improvement. (I left feedback in the other threads too)
0.015s on paper translates to nothing.
It should have been lowered to 0.2-0.25.

Great, now implement an ability to remove improved rifling from preset weapons that now became useless so people can swap it for something that is actually useful.

Glad Yukon's bugged fire rate has finally been fixed tho.

I dont know, why people get so mad over a mod really, nothing changed for me so far, havent bothered changing mods at all, besides having a more fitting playstyle for myself. I didnt had problems hitting my shots, got more fps as usual and guns working better. No issues for me yet.

21 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

That's the issue. They indirectly nerfed weapons that rely on IR to out perform the N-TEC. There's no point in equipping IR on a semi-auto rifle now that the N-TEC has slightly more range and easier to control firerate.

Why would a rifle need Rifling to compete with the N-Tec? At which range?
With the current changes a N-Tec equipped with Rifling has almost the same minimum TTK as the Obeya CR, but still less effective range and a much harsher damage drop-off. You could probably slap Heavy Barrel on the Obeya and completely wipe the floor with the N-Tec at most ranges.

18 hours ago, GhosT said:
Yeah I am aware of that, is that actually what they refer to as "first pellets"?
It isn't even noticeable that the pellets are fired like a minigun, unless you shoot a car.
The way I understand it, the first pellet to hit the target deals most damage. This is not the first fired pellet. If only one pellet out of all fired ones hits, it will do maximum damage. That's why it feels like certain shotguns can now again two-shot almost every time, even while only aimed roughly in the direction of an opponent.
  Edited by Revoluzzer
  • Like 1