Beastie

Weapon Balance Changes - 1.19.6

1 hour ago, Sayori said:

So misery is still bad.
Obir is horrible with ir3 and pointless without it.  And you are forcing people to use obeya. 
Great idea to push such changes without extensive testing but hey, you gotta rush it because have to release BR mode soon. We will be your guinea pigs to make sure everything is smooth for the fortnite kids.

They've said that it's not actually going to be a BR mode btw.  Matt said it's called Riot and the only similarity it has to BRs is the play area moving or closing in.  Plus he said it's going on OTW long before it's pushed to the live game.

16 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:
1 hour ago, Sayori said:

So misery is still bad.
Obir is horrible with ir3 and pointless without it.  And you are forcing people to use obeya. 
Great idea to push such changes without extensive testing but hey, you gotta rush it because have to release BR mode soon. We will be your guinea pigs to make sure everything is smooth for the fortnite kids.

They've said that it's not actually going to be a BR mode btw.  Matt said it's called Riot and the only similarity it has to BRs is the play area moving or closing in.  Plus he said it's going on OTW long before it's pushed to the live game.

lol, who cares how do they name and try to word it. At the end of the day "the only similarity is the play area moving or closing in" is  the what makes the game BR. 

1 minute ago, Sayori said:

lol, who cares how do they name and try to word it. At the end of the day "the only similarity is the play area moving or closing in" is  the what makes the game BR. 

If it were "Last man standing" with no respawns it would be BR, but it's not, and it's team based.

Cheers for summarizing all the changes in a single post.

Yea sry about my last comment.I was in bad mood.So this IR3 works well on CR5 at least.Dont see wheres the problem.Also tried shredder-is ok.This 2m more also not bad
p.S. btw tomorow LO makes 3 months runnin APB

Edited by BingoBookBG

4 hours ago, Keshi said:

Idk why people are complaining. I guess they are butthurt that their easy to use meta guns are now patched to let them atleast try a bit harder to play the game. I havnt play yet but i am 100% sure that this patch is great and balances the game more than it was. Good job LO and continue doing the great work

How come people are getting warned for arbitrary things on the forums but comments like these go unchecked ALL THE TIME?  They are incredibly ignorant and 100% toxic.

On topic, the problem with the IR changes is the implications on a lot of things that didn't seem to be considered, such as IR as a preset mod changing the functionality of certain guns, often in straight nerfs: LCR, Temptress, ATAC Patroller, off the top of my head.  LCR and Temptress were definitely not GG easy meta guns.

10 minutes ago, mynd said:
How come people are getting warned for arbitrary things on the forums but comments like these go unchecked ALL THE TIME?  They are incredibly ignorant and 100% toxic.

On topic, the problem with the IR changes is the implications on a lot of things that didn't seem to be considered, such as IR as a preset mod changing the functionality of certain guns, often in straight nerfs: LCR, Temptress, ATAC Patroller, off the top of my head.  LCR and Temptress were definitely not GG easy meta guns.
they already said they'll take a look at guns modded with IR3. changes are not final, things will change, and don't forget, this is just a part of the weapon rebalancing... VBR (temptress) for example, will probably get some tweaks aswell...

5 hours ago, LO_Beastie said:

Scoped Ntec / Ntec 7 - now correctly uses the scoped assault rifle effective range. 

What is this mean?
They will get more range? sorry , i'm not good at english.

Something wrong with colby 'commander'
When you shoot it, the shoot sounds like it's a far away in another dimension, please fix it =/

23 minutes ago, Snubnose said:

they already said they'll take a look at guns modded with IR3. changes are not final, things will change, and don't forget, this is just a part of the weapon rebalancing... VBR (temptress) for example, will probably get some tweaks aswell...

This all amounts to the changes feeling rushed.  I have no doubt they'll continue to tweak things, I'm just afraid of things falling through the cracks.

43 minutes ago, mynd said:

That's the issue. They indirectly nerfed weapons that rely on IR to out perform the N-TEC. There's no point in equipping IR on a semi-auto rifle now that the N-TEC has slightly more range and easier to control firerate.

I also feel SMGs lost their niche with the shotgun buffs, but I haven't played with the JG or N-FAS yet. Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

Seems like the JG and CSG are back to their broken state before their nerf years ago, and the True Ogre feels weaker now.
N-TEC became better and a lot easier to play.
Marksman Rifles have little to no point anymore and suffer a lot from the IR buffnerf.

Not sure if LO understood how balance works.
This stuff should be tested for longer than a week, and feedback should be recognized.

• Like 3

These slow as hell fire rates just kill off anything that uses a fire rate. Everything feels so useless now its  not funny.

1 hour ago, GhosT said:

Seems like the JG and CSG are back to their broken state before their nerf years ago, and the True Ogre feels weaker now.

I brought this up in another post somewhere today.

A long time ago, there was a big Shotgun controversy around how they rewarded half shots TOO MUCH.  These changes pretty much undid all of that.  I don't think Shotguns needed any changing beyond fixing their general reg issues. Most really good players could still reliably 2 shot people despite server jankiness.  Making Shotguns easier to use probably wasn't the best idea. Edited by mynd
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mynd said:

A long time ago, there was a big Shotgun controversy around how they rewarded half shots TOO MUCH.  These changes pretty much undid all of that.  I don't think Shotguns needed any changing beyond fixing their general reg issues. Most really good players could still reliably 2 shot people despite server jankiness.  Making Shotguns easier to use probably wasn't the best idea.

What even is this "the first pellets to hit do more damage" change?
Don't all the pellets arrive at almost the same time? How does one even notice which pellet comes first, and how much damage it did?
Did they elaborate on that? I'm genuinely confused about that.

It's also funny how they nerfed the N-FAS to a 10m drop-off range, even the SG-21 'Strife', but buff the JG and CSG to extreme ranges.

9 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Don't all the pellets arrive at almost the same time? How does one even notice which pellet comes first, and how much damage it did?

It's also funny how they nerfed the N-FAS to a 10m drop-off range, even the SG-21 'Strife', but buff the JG and CSG to extreme ranges.
If you listen to the sound of shooting a shotty at a car, they dont arrive at the same time. Thats just sound of course which has never been reliable. 

11 minutes ago, mynd said:

A long time ago, there was a big Shotgun controversy around how they rewarded half shots TOO MUCH.  These changes pretty much undid all of that.  I don't think Shotguns needed any changing beyond fixing their general reg issues. Most really good players could still reliably 2 shot people despite server jankiness.  Making Shotguns easier to use probably wasn't the best idea.

Not only was reg an issue but it felt like more often then not it registered full on shots as only 1/4 shots. I was once point blank 3m from someone and it took 4 shots. If my gun is literally pressed against you am I not going to do max damage and get all the pellets to hit?

4 minutes ago, GhosT said:

This change wasnt tested enough nor did it appeal to anyone. If anything it takes longer to kill now with the reduced fire rate of the rifles and reduced range. LO actually managed to release a balancing patch thats worse then what G1 has done. There guna need to relook at balancing and make changes quick before ppl bail again.

10 minutes ago, GhosT said:

shoot at a car, you can hear and see the pellets register very quickly one after eachother. the first that register on target, do more damage... it's really not that complicated 😛

3 hours ago, Killer Rabbit said:

Finally got to play. Overall a great update! Loved playing with the Oblivion, Anubis and Cobra.

ooh yes COBRA is sick af, the new N-TEC but i hate the rifling 3 fucking shitty fire rate, this change nothing N-TEC is still op without the mod so he destroyed all assault rifles. BECOUSE the rifling is a important mod for all AR. Edited by TackoGirl

14 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
If you listen to the sound of shooting a shotty at a car, they dont arrive at the same time. Thats just sound of course which has never been reliable. 

12 minutes ago, Snubnose said:
shoot at a car, you can hear and see the pellets register very quickly one after eachother. the first that register on target, do more damage... it's really not that complicated 😛

Yeah I am aware of that, is that actually what they refer to as "first pellets"?
It isn't even noticeable that the pellets are fired like a minigun, unless you shoot a car.

2 hours ago, GhosT said:

This stuff should be tested for longer than a week, and feedback should be recognized.

I agree, what happened to acting on the feedback and tweaking for further adjustments?

8 hours ago, LO_Beastie said:

ISSR-a - Lower recovery delay to 0.335 (from 0.35)

I'm not sure how many players gave this one a go but the gun is showing no real world improvement. (I left feedback in the other threads too)
0.015s on paper translates to nothing.

To be honest, I'm finding it hard to try anything out with the servers performing so poorly right now.