Beastie

Weapon Balance Changes - 1.19.6

Hey all, here are the changes we've made to balance in the 1.19.6 patch. 

New Weapon - Showstopper
The showstopper is colby's newest sidearm, a revolver firing shotgun shells that reloads a shell at a time. This is a close-range weapon that can devastate a target point blank or finish off wounded stragglers. 

The Showstopper is currently available through Joker Distribution and will be making its way to Armas soon. 

Shotgun Changes
Shotguns now deal more damage with the first pellets per shell that hit the target. The amount of front-loaded damage varies based on shotguns, and provides shotguns more consistency, as you can partially hit a target and still do considerable damage. This also requires us reducing the range of shotguns in order to stop them doing extreme damage outside of those ranges.

These changes are (old values in brackets) :
SG-21 'Strife' : Initial Damage 80 (45), Damage Total 858 (945) Range 7.5-15m (15-25)
CSG : Initial Damage 70 (31), Damage Total 614 (651), Range 10-20m (20-40)
DOW : Initial Damage 80 (41), Damage Total 471 (492)
JG : Initial Damage 140 (66), Damage Total 700 (792), Range 10-20m (20-30)
NFAS : Initial Damage 80 (41), Damage Total 381 (492), Range 10-20m (20-30)
NFAS-Ogre : Initial Damage 50 (41), Damage Total 432 (492), Damage Total Range 10-20m (20-30)
Shredder : Initial Damage 100 (49), Damage Total 482 (441), Fire Interval 0.37 (0.42), Range 25-45m (20-40)

HVR Changes
The HVR now has a reduced damage when firing with low accuracy. When accuracy is at unaimed accuracy or lower, you now do 280 damage. This increases up to fully accurate, where you do 850 damage. This helps us reduce quick-shooting and lucky hits from the hip at point blank range.

Other Weapon Balance Changes
AR97 'Misery' - Increase damage to 240 (from 200), Decrease recovery delay to 0.25 (from 0.58). This improves tap fire ability significantly. Decrease increment of Yaw Recoil Curve, meaning it ramps up less harshly. Removed minimum yaw recoil. Should now recoil more gently right and left.
COBR-A - Removed Accuracy curve completely, using linear drop instead, Recovery Delay of 0.204. Recovery Per Second of 9.5. Removed minimum yaw recoil. Should now recoil more gently right and left.
ISSR-a - Lower recovery delay to 0.335 (from 0.35)
SWARM - Reduced horizontal recoil by 33%., Double recoil time to 20ms (from 10). Given the fire rate is 18ms this means that the gun never stops recoiling when you're firing full auto, making for a smoother, less jarring recoil., Walk Modifier 1.75 (7), Accuracy Cooldown 30 (20).
SBSR (Rifle) - Gives it a unique recoil pattern that's significantly less harsh than the sniper variant. Base recoil halved to 1000 (from 2000)
H-9 'Curse' - New Recoil Pattern. Same vertical recoil as before, but significantly reduced horizontal recoil (-35 to 23 from -118 to 118, now pulls slightly to the left).
S-247 'Oblivion' - Walk modifier set to 0.25 (from 3), Accuracy Cooldown to 30 (from 20 default), Resupplies 10 rounds at a time (up from 5), Can now switch weapon during refire timer, Increased Damage to 325 (from 285), Decreased Reload time to 2.75s (from 3.2s).
NCR-762 - Switched Crosshair. Uses existing assets but simplifies, stops overlap and removes top and bottom elements. Remove Movement Accuracy Recovery curve. Adjusted recovery rates and overall shot modifier caps to compensate. Will now never get more than 1-shot's worth of recoil away from full accuracy. Significantly increased the effect of the pershot modifier reduction as you fire. Increased Fire Rate to 0.735 (from 0.77).
STAR 556 'LCR' - Fire Interval 0.27 (from 0.32). PerShotModifier 0.525 (from 6).
Scoped Ntec / Ntec 7 - now correctly uses the scoped assault rifle effective range. 

Rifling
Changed downside to... - Reduces Fire Rate by 6, 12, 18% (ranks 1, 2, 3 respectively). This change also affects burst interval. Increases upside to +3, +6, +9m range (from +3,5,7).

We understand this is quite a controversial change, but felt it necessary as rifling didn't have much of a downside, resulting in a lot of weapons being forced out of their niche by weapons that should be lesser ranged. This provides players the ability to make their assault rifle act more like a rifle (for instance) but at more of a cost to its close range effectiveness. The fire rate decrease can even be seen as a buff in certain situations as it forces a level of fire rate control you would otherwise have to do manually. Naturally we'll keep an eye on this and tweak further if necessary (and will be reviewing all preset guns with rifling). 

Joker Distribution
A number of weapons have been added to the Joker Store. These are:
AR-97 'Misery' JT1
AR-97 'Misery' JT3
FAR 'Vanguard' JT1
FAR 'Vanguard' JT3
Raptor 45 'Hawk' JT1
Raptor 45 'Hawk' JT3
AMG-556 'Stheno' JT1
AMG-556 'Stheno' JT2
S1-TIC 'Rabid' JT1
S1-TIC 'Rabid' JT3
SWARM 'Killer Bee' JT1
SWARM 'Killer Bee' JT3
R-2 'Harbinger' JT
Showstopper JT
SBSR 'Coroner' JT1
SBSR 'Coroner' JT3
SG-21 'Strife' JT1
SG-21 'Strife' JT3
H-9 'Curse' JT1
H-9 'Curse' JT3
S1-NA 'Manic' JT1
S1-NA 'Manic' JT3
S-247 'Oblivion' JT1
S-247 'Oblivion' JT3
SBSR 'IRS' JT1
SBSR 'IRS' JT3

Adjusted cash requirements for the following weapons:
N-SSW 74 JT1, N-SSW 74 JT3, STAR 556 'LCR' JT1

Other Changes

Added increased fire rate description to Double-Drum mag modification (purely a text change).

Fixed bug with 'Yukon' Mountie variant that allowed it to fire incredibly fast from the hip.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 10

Idk why people are complaining. I guess they are butthurt that their easy to use meta guns are now patched to let them atleast try a bit harder to play the game. I havnt play yet but i am 100% sure that this patch is great and balances the game more than it was. Good job LO and continue doing the great work

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Keshi said:

i am 100% sure that this patch is great and balances the game more than it was. Good job LO and continue doing the great work

same

I love pretty much all of this. Can't wait to see the next wave of balance changes. Gonna have to see how much Strife handles now as I forgot to test it on OTW.
Much appreciated homies

Edited by Tizzie

I'll be trying to test this on live with the weapons provided. The better ping should help. I reckon a few more tweaks will be needed, but now with a longer testing time in populated mission districts, it should yield some more interesting results.

Thanks for this though, changes to the weapons were needed for some time now.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

These changes sound awesome, and i am digging the Rifling new downside. I'll try the changes soon. Thanks!

No more 1 shot Strife vs Fragile?
Can I ask why?
That was the one cool thing about this gun.

• Like 4

For those who's wondering about the Thunder variant of the Showstopper that will be released as a new JMB next week, it comes with a Pistol Choke mod and a unique skin.

Pistol choke:
-35% fire rate
-66% pellet spread
+12m effective range

This patch also have the networking updates, changes to the friends system, and raised the max fps cap to 145.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Ignas / qsn said:

Misery is still garbage, just saying. On full spray shots go somewhere, but definetly not where supposed to.

Really?  I thought it felt great and easily hit everything I was aiming at.

1 minute ago, Dopefish said:

For those who's wondering about the Thunder variant of the Showstopper that will be released as a new JMB next week, it comes with a Pistol Choke mod and a unique skin.

Pistol choke:
-35% fire rate
-66% pellet spread
+12m effective range

This patch also have the networking updates, changes to the friends system, and raised the max fps cap to 145.

Hey dope are you finally back to APB ? :D

Thanks for listening to us and posting this Beastie ♥

YC5F23S.png

Anyone notice that the Joker Store Manic uses the wrong model? Seems to be using the Frenzy's model. I'm actually okay with this though.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dopefish said:

Pistol choke:
-35% fire rate
-66% pellet spread
+12m effective range

My bank account is not happy to hear this... but I am.

3 minutes ago, Tizzie said:
YC5F23S.png

Anyone notice that the Joker Store Manic uses the wrong model? Seems to be using the Frenzy's model. I'm actually okay with this though.
hotfix bout to happen soon i think lol
12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

No more 1 shot Strife vs Fragile?
Can I ask why?
That was the one cool thing about this gun.

i never used the strife because even if you direct hit, i can never hit that full damage....colby45 quickswitch strife still works tho, or should still work atleast
havnt tried the game yet and wont till 9hours from now lol

35 minutes ago, LO_Beastie said:

Naturally we'll keep an eye on this and tweak further if necessary (and will be reviewing all preset guns with rifling). 

Hope is restored.
  • Like 1

Generally seems like decent changes all around.

Improved Rifling might of needed a nerf but I'm very much against this particular nerf. The weapons that I personally felt needed nerf (mainly n-tec) feels roughly the same, while weapons like Obeya CR762 got severely handicapped.

Weapons like ATAC and TAS20 Stock received some major nerfs they definitly didn't deserve from this.

13 minutes ago, Keshi said:
hotfix bout to happen soon i think lol i never used the strife because even if you direct hit, i can never hit that full damage....colby45 quickswitch strife still works tho, or should still work atleast
havnt tried the game yet and wont till 9hours from now lol
Ummm... Strife only has a 100cm spread at 10m (JG has 150cm), if you werent 1 shotting Fragile, you werent directly hitting.
Also, doesnt the strife have to cycle through the same 1.25 second animation as the refire before switching weapons?
Might as well just shoot twice, no?

Also, why do you keep posting if you havent even tried the changes? Edited by CookiePuss

58 minutes ago, LO_Beastie said:

Shredder : Initial Damage 100 (49), Damage Total 482 (441), Fire Interval 0.37 (0.42), Range 25-45m (20-40)

I see you changed the damage before release. I am looking forward to trying out out.

Any chance you can tell me what scaling you ended up using? I can check it myself but I do not have the excel atm.

Got it.

mBmbiyE.png
  Edited by Tobii

i want to say that SBSR(sniper rifle,rifle) Anubis,,EOL's, still suck and ATAC its still op xD
And adding this new legendary with this old ugly model its not good idea

Edited by PonuryZniwiarz

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:
Ummm... Strife only has a 100cm spread at 10m, if you werent 1 shotting Fragile, you werent directly hitting.
Also, doesnt the strife have to cycle through the same 1.2 second animation as the refire before switching weapons?
Might as well just shoot twice, no?

Also, why do you keep posting if you havent even tried the changes?
I did 1shot some fragile users most of the time but maybe because i have 90ms even tho i full shot someone and a teamate sweap the kill i see +40 or some shit lol

And i'm posting because i tried all the tests in OTW already. Even if there are still other tweaks that were not tested i am sure there arnt major changes that was made from test E to what we have on Live.
Some people just need to learn to adapt and find a new meta. Somewhat like fortnite to what they did with the shotguns

4 minutes ago, Keshi said:
I did 1shot some fragile users most of the time but maybe because i have 90ms even tho i full shot someone and a teamate sweap the kill i see +40 or some shit lol

And i'm posting because i tried all the tests in OTW already. Even if there are still other tweaks that were not tested i am sure there arnt major changes that was made from test E to what we have on Live.
Some people just need to learn to adapt and find a new meta. Somewhat like fortnite to what they did with the shotguns
Ahh yeah, ms is a fuzzy bunny some time, I feel you there.
Also I dont think the meta will change much at all aside from seeing a lot more CSGs and a lot fewer Yukons lol.
Those who think the IR change is going to affect ntecs a lot either didnt play OTW or just misunderstand how the mod actually effects the gun. Edited by CookiePuss

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Ahh yeah, ms is a fuzzy bunny some time, I feel you there.
Also I dont think the meta will change much at all aside from seeing a lot more CSGs and a lot fewer Yukons lol.
Those who think the IR change is going to affect ntecs a lot either didnt play OTW or just misunderstand how the mod actually effects the gun.
think of it this way. I can play with all weapons and always did
Imagine using a shotgun or oca closerange against an ntec now 🤔
EDIT: Even tho i think the shotty range is a bit too much now, it still wouldnt matter much if you dont fully put your crosshair on your enemy. 
Maybe we just need some days to find the new meta's now?  Edited by Keshi

4 minutes ago, Keshi said:
EDIT: Even tho i think the shotty range is a bit too much now, it still wouldnt matter much if you dont fully put your crosshair on your enemy. 
Maybe we just need some days to find the new meta's now? 
I dunno, Im still having no trouble melting cqc with the ntec. Especially cuz the bloom mechanic is actually improved by the slower RoF.

Just now, CookiePuss said:
5 minutes ago, Keshi said:
Maybe we just need some days to find the new meta's now? 
I dunno, Im still having no trouble melting cqc with the ntec. Especially cuz the bloom mechanic is actually improved by the slower RoF.
F it... i'm launching the game at work, on my workstation i7 7700 stock cooler so my office is going to be really loud today!