Beastie

Weapon Balance Changes - 1.19.6

6 minutes ago, Unclean said:
I think if it were brought down to a 3-ball, it would be fine.. then again, with the way the new pellet system works, it would still be doing 350+ damage for 2/3 balls hitting.. you could also say it's firing fleschette right now which would further explain the range

Flechettes are more in line with the way that the NL9 works though.

13 minutes ago, Similarities said:
21 minutes ago, Unclean said:
I think if it were brought down to a 3-ball, it would be fine.. then again, with the way the new pellet system works, it would still be doing 350+ damage for 2/3 balls hitting.. you could also say it's firing fleschette right now which would further explain the range

Flechettes are more in line with the way that the NL9 works though.
the NL9 fires a taser dart/slug.. it's a big plastic and metal piece.
Flechette shells are full of darts made for extra distance and piercing power with a loss of stopping power.. it can either be like 40 little darts or like 6 big, scary ones lol

On 8/9/2018 at 5:23 AM, Keshi said:

Idk why people are complaining. I guess they are butthurt that their easy to use meta guns are now patched to let them atleast try a bit harder to play the game. I havnt play yet but i am 100% sure that this patch is great and balances the game more than it was. Good job LO and continue doing the great work

is ur opinion still the same? LOL

20 minutes ago, Akito said:
On 8/9/2018 at 8:23 AM, Keshi said:

Idk why people are complaining. I guess they are butthurt that their easy to use meta guns are now patched to let them atleast try a bit harder to play the game. I havnt play yet but i am 100% sure that this patch is great and balances the game more than it was. Good job LO and continue doing the great work

is ur opinion still the same? LOL
he's right though.

The ntec still beats all the shotguns from the range it's meant for (yes, even the shredder)
IR gives us different ways to play-hope they give their ideas on other mods like HB
OCAs beat shotguns that have IR on them unless the shotgunner is correctly using a corner/cover

People wanted more guns to be usable and balanced with meta.. now that the JG is super powerful up close (as it should be since it is a niche weapon) and the shredder is good at close range or gives up a little close range power to reach out to medium ranges, people have huge issues with them. Meanwhile the COBR-A is also brought up to meta as well as the AR-97 being more usable and no one complains.. because they are "assault rifles".

I'd like to see more weapon balance changes like going over all SMGs (Hoenir is amazingly fun, but just bad..) and other burst and semi-auto rifles as well
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Unclean said:
The ntec still beats all the shotguns from the range it's meant for
The math says otherwise.
12 minutes ago, Unclean said:
OCAs beat shotguns that have IR on them unless the shotgunner is correctly using a corner/cover
Yes, using a shotgun incorrectly is bad.

Thank you for this wisdom.
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
The math says otherwise. 
If you go off of full damage, sure. But only someone who's never seen the spread at 40m would count that.. or use common sense.

56 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Yes, using a shotgun incorrectly is bad.

Thank you for this wisdom.
Using anything incorrectly or expecting any weapon to dominate at all ranges is bad.

Thank you for the sarcasm. 

11 minutes ago, Unclean said:
If you go off of full damage, sure. But only someone who's never seen the spread at 40m would count that.. or use common sense.
  Using anything incorrectly or expecting any weapon to dominate at all ranges is bad.

Thank you for the inaccurate assumptions.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
14 minutes ago, Unclean said:

Thank you for the inaccurate assumptions.
Show your work then, I'm interested to see how the shredder beats ntec at mid range

4 hours ago, Unclean said:
he's right though.

The ntec still beats all the shotguns from the range it's meant for (yes, even the shredder)
IR gives us different ways to play-hope they give their ideas on other mods like HB

People wanted more guns to be usable and balanced with meta.. now that the JG is super powerful up close (as it should be since it is a niche weapon) and the shredder is good at close range or gives up a little close range power to reach out to medium ranges, people have huge issues with them. Meanwhile the COBR-A is also brought up to meta as well as the AR-97 being more usable and no one complains.. because they are "assault rifles".

I'd like to see more weapon balance changes like going over all SMGs (Hoenir is amazingly fun, but just bad..) and other burst and semi-auto rifles as well
^

Kind of necro, but how is it with IR nowdays? Does it lower weapon's fire rate? Or the changes didn't go through, got reverted?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Resine said:

Kind of necro, but how is it with IR nowdays? Does it lower weapon's fire rate? Or the changes didn't go through, got reverted?

ended up breaking some guns with perfect accuracy at all times, and ruined most in cqc engagements, so it got reverted.

On 8/9/2018 at 7:23 AM, Keshi said:

I havnt play yet but

Yea I stopped reading after that, 

(I dont play the game but people meta guns they cry evry-tim) 

I really enjoy the direction LO is going with the shotguns. 

Edited by Fruitini