Sign in to follow this  
Ebola-Chan

Thank you LO

Honestly thank you for saving this game
i know that this community is really hard on you and you're all new to this but thank you
you're trying and doing a good job

• Like 5

Game is still gonna die. This just extends its life a little bit.

• Thanks 1

Just now, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I'm sure this got said in 2012.... And yet, here we are.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Every game dies eventually
but LO has the potential to keep it alive for alot more years and they're trying

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

APB will be the biggest eSports game of 2019, you just wait.

I'm not even joking. Well, 2019 might be a bit early, but LO definitely has a plan. They will unfuck G1's mess, make it run well on consoles, add district phasing, other QOL improvements... I imagine that for 4.0 they'll give the graphics a facelift. 
Some new UI that doesn't lock the game up for half a second, a proper onboarding experience instead of the dumb tutorial we have now...

Honestly, I think APB can really succeed. 8 years on, it still has the best customization engine in any video game, ever. Gunplay is good, driving is good, the game loop is good. APB simply offers something no other game has. It requires you to adapt to all sorts of crazy situations, and even though we've been running around the same 1x1km map, it doesn't get boring.

I think, finally, after all these years, APB is in the right hands.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Killer Rabbit said:

I'm not even joking. Well, 2019 might be a bit early, but LO definitely has a plan. They will unfuck G1's mess, make it run well on consoles, add district phasing, other QOL improvements... I imagine that for 4.0 they'll give the graphics a facelift. 
Some new UI that doesn't lock the game up for half a second, a proper onboarding experience instead of the dumb tutorial we have now...

Honestly, I think APB can really succeed. 8 years on, it still has the best customization engine in any video game, ever. Gunplay is good, driving is good, the game loop is good. APB simply offers something no other game has. It requires you to adapt to all sorts of crazy situations, and even though we've been running around the same 1x1km map, it doesn't get boring.

I think, finally, after all these years, APB is in the right hands.
Just add ':^)' at the end and that was actually a pretty good joke.

22 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:
23 minutes ago, Killer Rabbit said:

Just add ':^)' at the end and that was actually a pretty good joke.
I honestly thought it was a joke.
I mean, eSport and APB in the same sentence?
best joke 2018

7 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I honestly thought it was a joke.
I mean, eSport and APB in the same sentence?
best joke 2018
APB aint even got spectator mode to begin with :')

You guys have no vision.

Just because APB doesn't have certain features right now, or because G1 couldn't be arsed to invest money into R&D and just milked JMB, doesn't mean LO will do the same.
Maybe they won't do anything of the sort, who knows. But I highly doubt they bought this game without a plan on making it successful and get a return on their investment.
You don't really think Matt was like, "yeah, I'll give G1 this 7 digit check, now I have 2000 players who will net me, best case scenario, $50,000 a month on a new $40 gun", do you?

I think they'll do some amazing things. Or at the very least, try.
Once they fix the huge glaring issues this game has, I don't doubt they will start pushing a new marketing campaign, do some re-branding, get rid of the "Reloaded" logos and what not... Just give them some time, man.

8 minutes ago, Killer Rabbit said:

You guys have no vision.

Just because APB doesn't have certain features right now, or because G1 couldn't be arsed to invest money into R&D and just milked JMB, doesn't mean LO will do the same.
Maybe they won't do anything of the sort, who knows. But I highly doubt they bought this game without a plan on making it successful and get a return on their investment.
You don't really think Matt was like, "yeah, I'll give G1 this 7 digit check, now I have 2000 players who will net me, best case scenario, $50,000 a month on a new $40 gun", do you?

I think they'll do some amazing things. Or at the very least, try.
Once they fix the huge glaring issues this game has, I don't doubt they will start pushing a new marketing campaign, do some re-branding, get rid of the "Reloaded" logos and what not... Just give them some time, man.

I agree that LO will likely succeed, and I certainly HOPE they will.
But RNG based eSports? not likely

Honestly I'd be impressed if we just get back to the 6,000 or so average players that G1 had at peak.

Sign in to follow this