Eixo

Am i the only one happy with changes?

From what i saw its just everyone complaining... Honestly i love the changes its different now and IR change is logical and great.. Game feels more balanced to me since ntec users have to decide between an extra range or CqC gun but finally not both at same time and other guns have advantage over it in CqC and thats right... Happy to see that underrated guns are usable now i am happy with SWARM since its pretty much an ALIG against players and Artemis being viable as well... CSG PR1 now makes sense with advantage got from IR3 and can easily outrange RT version... For me the ballance is overall good

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I mean, I've been through big nerfs before and at first it was scary but it turned out fine in the end.

I look forward to change now to be fair.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately, this is an effect of changes being made to a game that has not had any in years.

I don't know how anyone could be happy with the changes.  It changed things all over the place.  Some things are better, some worse, some didn't change.  No one can honestly say they're happy with everything because it would be a contradiction.  Temptress and LCR, for instance, are demoted to bottom tier.  Ursus and Ntec are arguably stronger with IR3 than before.  Shredder might be out of control.  Things are just all over the place.  Whole patch seems rushed.

If you're happy with the patch, I don't think you're seeing the full picture by any means.

• Like 2

My biggest gripe is ntec being too easy with IR3... I mean, IR3 finally does its purpose, but it makes the ntec just spray and pray at medium-ish range which wouldn't happen before. Well, at least it's not as good as it was in close range with IR3 so there's finally a reason to use other guns for that, or just switch mods when needed.

I am, however, happy with the effort!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use ir3 on most guns im still happy, if it makes the gameplay a little less stagnant that's a good thing.

rip preset guns though.

19 minutes ago, Shini said:

I mean, I've been through big nerfs before and at first it was scary but it turned out fine in the end.

First few missions it felt weird now i feel fine

5 hours ago, Shini said:

^this

Change is scary.
But in the end, I think we will be ok.
Plus, nothing says these changes are set in stone. If something really isnt working, LO can always change it again.

8 hours ago, Eixo said:

From what i saw its just everyone complaining... Honestly i love the changes its different now and IR change is logical and great.. Game feels more balanced to me since ntec users have to decide between an extra range or CqC gun but finally not both at same time and other guns have advantage over it in CqC and thats right... Happy to see that underrated guns are usable now i am happy with SWARM since its pretty much an ALIG against players and Artemis being viable as well... CSG PR1 now makes sense with advantage got from IR3 and can easily outrange RT version... For me the ballance is overall good

Running pdw with ntec. Or Nano. best of both worlds.

SHREDDER -- Feels borderline broken. Feels like the old NFAS but a little better and with good hard damage. I used RS3 and CJ3 (others were also using this combo to great effect).
OBLIVION -- This is now an ISSR with shitty hard damage. Good weapon but ISSR is better all-around
JG -- Feels pretty balanced in the hands of non-big owners (havent faced big owners with it yet)
CSG -- Same as JG
URSUS w/ IR3 -- I can tap fire the weapon at near-max RoF (rate of fire) which is much faster than you could tap fire it before (without bloom being a problem)
NTEC w/ IR3 -- About the same as the ursus
MISERY -- Feels like a really balanced gun. Very viable now, kinda fun as well. I used HS3, CJ3, MS

I have an ogre but haven't tried it vs people yet. The other changed weapons I do not own.

Facing the DOW and the Showstopper briefly, they seemed pretty good as well.

Edited by Triksterism
Slightly more details on the shredder

10 hours ago, speee said:

Unfortunately, this is an effect of changes being made to a game that has not had any in years.

this, makes me think why some people are butthurt about the changes
I am totally fine with this patch
  • Like 1

All MM guns besides Oscar are busted cuz IR3 changes.

Idk about you but a whole class of guns being fucked over and the one gun they were trying to nerf being the exact same as before is pretty bad.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, speee said:

Holy hell I didn't know you were back (did you ever leave APB?)

I think they were a little quick with the decisions here, but am happy to see the effort put in.

14 minutes ago, Leefekyn said:

I think they were a little quick with the decisions here, but am happy to see the effort put in.

I feel like when headed toward the final stages of this change, the quickest way to that is by thorough testing, i.e. porting it to live, now yes it will cause some discomfort but it'll get us toward that end goal faster with the use of a much wider variety of data on the changes, more people means more testing.

Just my 2 cents.

we're still missing a blowtorch with hunting sight 3 and quick fix 3.

2 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

we're still missing a blowtorch with hunting sight 3 and quick fix 3.

DzZJoWu.gif

6 hours ago, Genobee said:
21 hours ago, speee said:

Holy hell I didn't know you were back (did you ever leave APB?)
I still play and visit the forums, just not nearly as much as I used to.  

I can't really play too much until my jaw/ear heal. But I am enjoying the salty banter.