holyTyu

ATAC "Patroller" and IR3 change

Hello, I'm one of many not-so-skilled gold players.

While I personally enjoy new changes to IR, I think there is a problem with that version of ATAC. ATAC "Patroller" comes pre-slotted with HS3, IR3 and Mobility Sling

New IR changes make precision oriented guns shine at long range while limiting their CQC capabilities. I think ATAC was never intended to be a precision oriented gun. IR change brakes the gun because it doesn't have accuracy to utilize extra range, and worsens its close- and mid- range performance.

I don't own ATAC "Patroller". Why do I care? It comes with KTTW pack, which I wanted to buy, but this change stops me from doing so.
I played on OTW with patroller while IR3 was +12m, -15% and it felt bad. Played with it now on FC, it is horrible, absolutely trash.

Math: (stats from http://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_AssaultRifle_ATAC_Armas_Preset_FN1/).

New range: 59 meters.
Accuracy diameter at 10 meters: 46cm.

Tap firing at 59 meters in marksman mode crouched: 46*0.5*59/10*0.9 = 122.13cm
Player model is ~70cm diameter. That makes roughly a 57% chance for bullet to hit a target while tap firing and crouched.

That is completely not reliable in my opinion.

Thank you for listening.

Edited by holyTyu
added math
  • Like 1

its not a problem its still fine.. .just a bit longer TTK but on range it hurts

• Like 1

honestly not sure why the kttw pack doesnt come with open slot guns, for $150 i dont want presets

18 minutes ago, Eixo said:

its not a problem its still fine.. .just a bit longer TTK but on range it hurts

It really doesn't have enough accuraccy to utilize extra range.

Playing quite a few rounds of FC today, i have to agree with holyTyu here. There is genuinely no way you can properly use this gun anymore, as the IR3 changes and the ATAC nerf from 8 to 10 stk has made this gun barely usable. It has one of the LOWEST health damages at the moment. Thing is, there's a choice of two here. 1. Leave the ATAC untouched but nerf IR3, which i would have been fine with. or 2. Nerf Atac, leave IR3 untouched. Both of those are pretty major decisions in general.

I dunno what i'm going to do with this gun anymore. It genuinely feels useless now with how harshly it was nerfed. Probably going to follow the rumours that you can get only one refund on your account.

2 minutes ago, LazyLizard said:

Playing quite a few rounds of FC today, i have to agree with holyTyu here. There is genuinely no way you can properly use this gun anymore, as the IR3 changes and the ATAC nerf from 8 to 10 stk has made this gun barely usable. It has one of the LOWEST health damages at the moment. Thing is, there's a choice of two here. 1. Leave the ATAC untouched but nerf IR3, which i would have been fine with. or 2. Nerf Atac, leave IR3 untouched. Both of those are pretty major decisions in general.

I dunno what i'm going to do with this gun anymore. It genuinely feels useless now with how harshly it was nerfed. Probably going to follow the rumours that you can get only one refund on your account.

I would rather just put a different mod there like MP2 or other blue mod or just lock it to two mods. Edited by holyTyu

Added math to first post.

1 hour ago, holyTyu said:

Math: (stats from http://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_AssaultRifle_ATAC_Armas_Preset_FN1/).

New range: 59 meters.
Accuracy diameter at 10 meters: 46cm.

Tap firing at 59 meters in marsman mode crouched: 46*0.5*59/10*0.9 = 122.13cm
Player model is ~70cm diameter. That makes roughly a 57% chance for bullet to hit a target while tap firing and crouched.

That is completely not reliable in my opinion.

Nothing will happen. The Armas gun for the JG shotgun wasnt changed when CJ3 on shotguns was nerfed. The Armas gun for the Obeya wasn't changed when HB3 was nerfed. The armas pathfinder scouts weren't changed when hs1 jumps hooting was nerfed 1 week after release lol.

Your out of luck guys. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shini said:

Your out of luck guys. 

SHINI WRONG YOU'RE REEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

2 minutes ago, Shini said:

Nothing will happen. The Armas gun for the JG shotgun wasnt changed when CJ3 on shotguns was nerfed. The Armas gun for the Obeya wasn't changed when HB3 was nerfed. The armas pathfinder scouts weren't changed when hs1 jumps hooting was nerfed 1 week after release lol.

Your out of luck guys. 

Wanna be my sugar mommy and buy me AL watchman or merc instead? :kappa:

Your out of luck guys. 

Thats not a good way to look at the problem tbh. My main issue is it is a gun from KTTW pack. It makes pack much less valuable, but the pack is the only way to get acc bound Charge Micro AND 4x4. I'm trying to create some discussion so pack can be changed or the gun altered.

Yeah the Patroller is another weapon negatively affected by the IR changes that didn't need to be.  It was directly nerfed with this change; there's no practical benefit to +2m range in exchange for -18% ROF.

Changes were definitely rushed imo.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, holyTyu said:
15 minutes ago, Shini said:

Your out of luck guys. 

Thats not a good way to look at the problem tbh. My main issue is it is a gun from KTTW pack. It makes pack much less valuable, but the pack is the only way to get acc bound Charge Micro AND 4x4. I'm trying to create some discussion so pack can be changed or the gun altered.
All I am saying is G1 has never went back and changed mods from presets, correct me if I am wrong someone? Maybe they have, but I still have that sour taste in my mouth when they released three reskinned scouts on the basis that they will be used for jump shooting (HS1 pre-equipped) then 1 week later they change their policy on jumpshooting being a bug that was a feature to then just a bug, removing jumpshooting and leaving the guns unchanged and mediocre compared to the RT1 scout.

All I am saying is G1 has never went back and changed mods from presets, correct me if I am wrong someone?
Kasatkas.

G1 had a history of releasing ridiculous overpowered guns, JMB and otherwise, milk them for a few months, and then "fixing a bug" before releasing the next OP cash cow.

Just now, Killer Rabbit said:

G1 had a history of releasing ridiculous overpowered guns, JMB and otherwise, milk them for a few months, and then "fixing a bug" before releasing the next OP cash cow.

That Troublemaker though.

8 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
10 minutes ago, Shini said:
All I am saying is G1 has never went back and changed mods from presets, correct me if I am wrong someone?
Kasatkas.
I don't think those were armas guns, but fair enough they changed premodded stuff!

I have figuratively thousands of pre-modded weapons still laying around in my mailbox that have never been touched.

1 hour ago, Shini said:

Your out of luck guys. 

FWIW @LO_Beastie seems really ambitious, perhaps he'll go ahead and make changes to affected weapons when brought to his attention.

Just now, Revoluzzer said:
FWIW @LO_Beastie seems really ambitious, perhaps he'll go ahead and make changes to affected weapons when brought to his attention.
Hope so, this is basically the reason behind me creating this thread, so there will be some discussion already for him to consider.