Kewlin

Go Home Little Orbit, You're Drunk.

On 8/12/2018 at 5:04 PM, Excalibur! said:

With the dope changes they are doing to nhvr u think this going to get better lol.

Just keep your bullshoot, keep listening to the "cool" guys and "experienced" players. This is the result: https://steamcharts.com/app/113400 (i too straight unninstalled, there are plenty of enjoyable games that do not  worry you about getting weapons you enjoy trashed, or trash balances).
Let the game die already, bb.

So I don't get to kill you anymore until you reinstall yet again? Ok.

Wow. Maybe it's time to take a break from the game and come back in a few weeks.

On 8/12/2018 at 8:36 PM, Siamsol said:

In my opinion from 2,500 hours of play, nearly every F2P gun in the game is more or less balanced if you ignore the existence of the N-Tec. The only class-wide exceptions are shotguns (which is more an issue of pellet hit registration occurring over multiple server ticks) and HVR CQC (fixed now). Hell, I don't even think N-Tec really needs a nerf.

Shotguns as they are now could use to have their damage scaling reduced, they're a bit too consistent. That, and the Shredder is completely broken OP. Other than that, it would be worth revisiting shotguns when the servers handle shotgun registration better.

But really, any change is worth trying as long as APB's medium TTK is never lowered. I think LO knows this, because they're trying their best to not touch TTK while changing consistency of guns, and I hope that stays. Too many medium TTK games gradually shift lower because it appeals more to casual audiences (recent examples: Paladins, Dirty Bomb), and I hope LO doesn't fall into that trap. I'm already seeing people start saying "Wow the game is so much more fast-paced and fun now! You sprint around and get quick kills and get to objective so fast!" and it would worry me if they take that without a grain of salt.

The only thing i can think about ntec is reduce the bloom recovery, its the only thing that was an issue with it being too strong, and it still remains, but we don't need another Far or Star hybrid.

Shotguns could use a little scaling, I agree, however I disagree that shredder is broken. It is meant to be accurate enough to reliably kill someone at 15-30m (possibly even 40 with a full mag) with a shotgun. That's its range, and that is why its pellet spread has always been so tight. Its time to kill is .84 which puts it at a slower rate than cqc weapons, as well as mid range weapons (excluding obeya which has the same ttk) while still being easily killed by ranged at 20-30m, especially when it 4-5 hits with a ~1.0-1.32ttk or so. Which is on par or worse than rifles at that range depending on how the opp fires the weapon. Think of it more as a slug shooter than a shotgun (lethal nl9) it's meant to hit that range with a higher ttk.

I think when it comes to the new weapon tweaks, people don't know how to handle it yet, a lot of weapons are now able to compete much better if not on par with weapons in their niches that they couldn't before. Weapons like the Shredder for example, which suffered heavily despite being able to 3 hit at 24m before, are now "OP" because now they suddenly are as reliable as a 7 hit ntec kill at ~.84s. How dare a shotgun reliably kill someone in its intended niche and intended ttk against the most "BaLaNCeD" weapon in the game?!?!

Edited by Noob_Guardian

everytime there is a weapon easy to use, neither so powerful, there is a riot from tryhards using permanent volcano and trueogre in bronze district.
strange.

PMG is good, now also JG is easy.
and both could be beated by every OCA zero slotted.
i dont see the problem.

I appreciate LO trying to test and feel where they can and cannot make changes. While I do agree that the balance changes were rolled out way too quickly, I'm glad they're trying to change things up where Reloaded left them untouched for years. IR3 is indeed used by many guns, because it's more of an upgrade than a sidegrade for weapons.
The downside is just not apparent enough to consider using other mods instead, which is why the entire population wielding rifles and assault rifles prefers IR3 over CJ3 other than a few people.

LO, keep doing what you're doing, but remain careful. 

I'm pretty happy with the new splash screen^^

He is upset because now he must use his brain to get a new nerf weapon...