Kewlin

Go Home Little Orbit, You're Drunk.

On 8/9/2018 at 2:16 AM, Kewlin said:

You just put balance changes on live that ENTIRELY changes the meta of APB for the worse. The IR changes legit stupid as fuck: you put up a patch that was made and tested only just over a week, how much of a joke is that? And the IR changes were up less than a week on OTW. IR3 was essential to many guns, and the new downside effects guns each entirely differently, essentially arbitrarily nerfing at least half of the guns in the game regardless of if they needed nerfs or not. You just flat out nerfed the range of most guns in the game on a whim.

If you actually think this patch made any sense then you really need to. . . IDK. . . sit back and play APB a few more years? I had a lot of faith in you LO, but boy oh boy did you let me down this month.

This legitimately is potentially the worst patch in APB history.

Oh, and P.S., I like the new netcode that makes the game unplayable.

the IR3 change isnt an issue by means, it makes the mod better for long range and not as versatile for CQC, this creating a meta that sustains CQC medium and long range guns specializing in their place. the change itself is a huge difference in what the game has been but it makes for more specialized game play based on what you do and how you play. thus making the game more diverse when it comes to premade groups. 🙂

On 8/10/2018 at 12:34 PM, 23k said:
To me, your profile picture gives me the vibes that you're a silver from a clan named 'WASP" that uses oca whisper on a daily basis and gets mad when he rushes in a open area and gets gunned down by an hvr. HVR was never op you just never had enough brain power to deal with it. 

yep you are equally bad at knowing whats going on in proper gameplay as in the community, so better stop trusting these vibes, N-HVR's were always meta and at no point "not" meta. the usual proper skilled meta using gold runs around with n-tec or N-HVR like 95% of its time.  The IR change now just made snipers even better and hurts most other long range rifle,s the N-tec is only affected in CQC because thats the only time you might fully spray in a facehugging moment. And on any long range engagement, N-tec never used the RoF, so all the IR does now is ranging 2m further without reducing the performance since at those ranges N-tects shot slower anyways. And this means the gap for the N-HVR just widened, especially since now guns like OBIR and Obeya using IR got nerfed since their used RoF at these ranges was efficiently reduced.

Mybe you should join WASP, pretty sure that even they can still teach you a lot basics you seem not to know.,
On 8/10/2018 at 12:29 PM, 23k said:
On 8/10/2018 at 12:28 PM, LilyV3 said:
What's your problem? that's a good thing.

In terms of balance making a meta gun even better is the biggest fail an attemp could make. Do you even know what balance means, or the point of it?
  Edited by LilyV3
  • Like 2

This weapon balance is garbage and game is even more broken now. Remove last patch.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

Are you saying making IR worse is a bad idea? It's change widening the gap to snipers finally makes snipers (which no one ever used since years) more viable now since the gap widened now. 

I really agree with LO having way too less of an idea by gaming experience what their changes affect, the N-HVR nerf did nothing except affecting some hip shot actions, and now taking a nerf on IR so that OBIR, and obeya, the only non range snipers get a wider gap, just makes Snipers an even ebtter choice than they already were.

No, I'm totally fine with giving IR a downside, 'cause obviously it needs one. What I'm not fine with is that this is an indirect buff to the HVR, N-TEC, and CR762, as well as an indirect nerf to many other less viable weapons.

11 hours ago, 23k said:
What guns you use daily? That's good because snipers are meant to be the best far range weapons...

Uhh. . . I change weapons a lot, but if I had to pick just a few guns it'd be something along the lines of S1-TIC 'Rabid,' COBR-A, FAR, and S1-NA 'Manic'? Though I'll probably be trying to use the Anubis a lot more like I used to now.

5 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:
On 8/9/2018 at 3:05 AM, Kewlin said:
 the fact that they made this mistake implies they've never even been seriously involved in any game's community.
Well, they haven't really.  Up until now they've only done licensed games for Cartoon Network and Disney, and I doubt those game's even had forums.  Buying APB was their way of breaking away from that.  

Sorry, I wasn't clear, I meant as a developer or as a player. I feel like even most people who play online games seriously understand that prematurely putting out patches is a serious issue. I do understand though that APB is in some ways a test try and figure out how to do other things better though.

4 hours ago, tranQ said:
the IR3 change isnt an issue by means, it makes the mod better for long range and not as versatile for CQC, this creating a meta that sustains CQC medium and long range guns specializing in their place. the change itself is a huge difference in what the game has been but it makes for more specialized game play based on what you do and how you play. thus making the game more diverse when it comes to premade groups. 🙂
I'm not saying that the idea of making IR make guns less viable in CQC is a bad idea, what I think though is that changing RoF is not the correct way to do that. I personally think it would have been much better to at least experiment with the idea of making the downside increased per-shot modifier instead of decreased RoF, because as has been stated in other places in this thread, not every gun is really effected by decreased RoF in practice.

TL;DR: My issue isn't the fact that IR3 reduces RoF itself, it's how that plays out with the current guns in APB.

12 hours ago, Kewlin said:

I'm not saying that the idea of making IR make guns less viable in CQC is a bad idea, what I think though is that changing RoF is not the correct way to do that. I personally think it would have been much better to at least experiment with the idea of making the downside increased per-shot modifier instead of decreased RoF, because as has been stated in other places in this thread, not every gun is really effected by decreased RoF in practice.

TL;DR: My issue isn't the fact that IR3 reduces RoF itself, it's how that plays out with the current guns in APB.
NTEC becomes slightly slower shooting but pretty close to a railgun at range, obeya shoots slightly slower but becomes the samething, the biggest changes to guns it effects really are oscar and carbine. hipfire medium range guns that can compete with oca and shotgun in cqc. now you cant use IR3 with it and lose medium-long range fights against most guns if the opponent has bad aim. the ROF decrease isnt a bad idea, it has a perfect functionality. the only issue with it is the ttks of the cqc guns being really fast. However because of the ROF nerf it makes the HVR viable against other medium/long range guns with the new change, thus causing this to not break the hvr dominance of long range. the change is fine.

19 hours ago, PersianTiger said:

we have pple here to just dislike truth. ok have fun with your "dislikes" every time!

Okay, what current problems you have with the shotguns?

15 hours ago, EagleWing said:

This weapon balance is garbage and game is even more broken now. Remove last patch.

What is your main problem with this patch?

Calm down and give some time. We waited a lot and I guess we can more. Im not saying these changes are totally right and Im agree about the rush they had but thats not end of the world. They can balance again, just let LO know what u are thing about new changes, thats what we gotta do as a community. We dont need to be that agrassive

22 minutes ago, _gousk said:

Calm down and give some time. We waited a lot and I guess we can more. Im not saying these changes are totally right and Im agree about the rush they had but thats not end of the world. They can balance again, just let LO know what u are thing about new changes, thats what we gotta do as a community. We dont need to be that agrassive

Maybe I don't need to be aggressive, but in some cases I prefer to talk like I think, as anything else can add pointless layers of obfuscation.

On 8/9/2018 at 8:16 AM, Kewlin said:

You just put balance changes on live that ENTIRELY changes the meta of APB for the worse. The IR changes legit stupid as fuck: you put up a patch that was made and tested only just over a week, how much of a joke is that? And the IR changes were up less than a week on OTW. IR3 was essential to many guns, and the new downside effects guns each entirely differently, essentially arbitrarily nerfing at least half of the guns in the game regardless of if they needed nerfs or not. You just flat out nerfed the range of most guns in the game on a whim.

If you actually think this patch made any sense then you really need to. . . IDK. . . sit back and play APB a few more years? I had a lot of faith in you LO, but boy oh boy did you let me down this month.

This legitimately is potentially the worst patch in APB history.

Oh, and P.S., I like the new netcode that makes the game unplayable.

I do feel it's a bit rushed from LO to just patch such a massive change as the IR3 into the live servers....
The weapon re-balance.. OK, this can be re-worked a few times.

But the IR3 change? erhm ... idk what to say ... changing how a mod works, to balance weapons?... they didn't really consider all those pre-set armas guns they sold that are now stuck with a mod that doesn't belong on that gun anymore due to the different nature of the mod... It feels like a mistake that should be avoided, until they already had a plan on how to deal with the affected mod-locked guns.

It's a bit like they don't have a super experienced "PvP" player in their team? (in lack of a better description) *shrugs* just a feeling... or he/she would've brought it up the first time they had a "round-the-table" meeting and discussed this IR3 change.

I'm all for changes! and I'm HAPPY they're working on stuff ... but ye, you know... everything within' a scope of "fix things and add things, but don't break a whole row of stuff while you're fixing..."

on a side note, did shotguns need a buff? I always saw them plenty used..

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Kewlin said:
Maybe I don't need to be aggressive, but in some cases I prefer to talk like I think, as anything else can add pointless layers of obfuscation.
That's exactly why we are here for. I can understand ur instant anger about the changes cuz I know u care the game as much as I do. Im pretty sure u are here for APB and you did create this topic cuz of your rightful anxiety about the games future. Thats why Im saying this to you and to the ones who rly cares the game as much as you and me. In my opinion they have done a great job since they started and they listened us a lot, they updated us a lot about upcoming changes and they stumbled as everyone can. We endured a company like g1 for years I think we can be calm.
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tigrix said:
~snip~
Pretty much agreed. Also, as an aside, I honestly think ARMAS presets need to be reduced to the point that at least all guns have slotted versions.

26 minutes ago, Tigrix said:
on a side note, did shotguns need a buff? I always saw them plenty used..
They didn't really need a buff, but I understand why they wanted to buff them, since I think they want to make them less RNG. That being said, they went way past making them less RNG and the CSG and Shredder are insane ATM. I'm sure eventually the CSG, Shredder, and Showstopper will be toned down, and I hope it's sooner than later.

21 minutes ago, _gousk said:
~snip~
Love you too fam.

❤️

On 8/10/2018 at 11:24 PM, Kewlin said:

No, I'm totally fine with giving IR a downside, 'cause obviously it needs one. What I'm not fine with is that this is an indirect buff to the HVR, N-TEC, and CR762, as well as an indirect nerf to many other less viable weapons.

the previous IR3 had a downside too, but both, the new and old just ipacted specific weapons where the downside even came to work. so all it did now is shifted the affected wepaons, but it did sadly shift in a way making stronger weapons stronger and not so strong ones weaker. Becuase devs seem to have focussed way to muvh on IOR3 and its effect on shotguns. its called improved rifling to imporfe well rfiles doing the rifle job (longer range engagements) but they do now screw up more rifles than anythign else. the % affection for example hurts a 0,7s ttk weapons much less than a 1,2second weapon.

So for balance, LO either needs to make mos restricted for specific wepaon categories and add new ones for those typoes, or better not fiddle around to much with the mods. Mod changes will always impact different wapons a lot more different. Thats the same non workign approach they do in MWO, when they wanna nerf meta build peole use on their emchs and just scerw the inferiormechs more because the are impacted much worse than those th change was supposed to affect. Edited by LilyV3

Things change, that´s just something people have to get used to. Even though some of the shotguns might need a bit of a rework. It is something we should give a little time, just so we can get used to the new idea.

Personally I've always preferred CJ on weapons. I like the overall idea of nerfing IR, however I do agree that all of this went a little too fast. While a change of meta weapons is definitely something refreshing, the non meta weapons must also be considered, so I agree on you with that. I like to use an ALIG with HS3 and IR3 as I find it to be severely underrated for player killing. However with the new IR3 this isn't really viable anymore.

Edited by VanilleKeks
  • Like 1

game is still unplayable after 8 years, lag never dissapeared.

It is part of the game, when someone does a youtube gameplay of this game, it should includes high latency/spike/warp.

i kinda agree with the op however the game is already dead so who cares right?

38 minutes ago, PoshDoll said:

i kinda agree with the op however the game is already dead so who cares right?

Dont be like that. This game is trying to be a ''game'' again and that's why we here and discussing these changes. I'm really bored of that. If u are rly think like that GO and play something ''alive'' and dont waste ur time in a forum of a dead game. Edited by _gousk

7 minutes ago, _gousk said:
Dont be like that. This game is trying to be a ''game'' again and that's why we here and discussing these changes. I'm really bored of that. If u are rly think like that GO and play something ''alive'' and dont waste ur time in a forum of a dead game.
the game is dead part is not my idea, i was trying to be sarcastic but it's really difficult to tell on the interwebs so it's okay. i believe LO thinks the game is at its worst, dead basically so changes of any magnitude don't really matter that much. back to alpha state it you will.

btw, i invested too much on apb to just give up so i'll be here on the forums until things get better but won't play a single second of it till then.  Edited by PoshDoll

We need to stop getting our panties in a knot over this.  LO is still new to the game, and everything is subject to change in the future.
After the engine upgrade, they may or may not do a second pass of sorts over the previous "balances".  
Be patient.

1 minute ago, TrinityFSB said:

We need to stop getting our panties in a knot over this.

Cant get your panties into a knot if you don't wear any.
NWNWqBP.jpg

7 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Cant get your panties into a knot if you don't wear any.
NWNWqBP.jpg
Figure of speech bro.