Kewlin

Go Home Little Orbit, You're Drunk.

I like most of the changes. The old meta felt 'un-fun'. Now, i feel like I can play the game and not get killed instantly by an ntec from across the map, or an hvr from cqc, etc. The only thing that remains a problem is the OCA & server lag tbh. 

P.S. I know the NTEC with IR3 has further range than before, but the RoF decrease and that I could get killed from across the map, but it definitely hasn't been happening so far lol

Edited by Goldtiger

1 hour ago, AgentWatson said:
Then there is something wrong with you dude, if you think the game is in a worse position now than before the balance pass then I don't know what to say. I'm actually enjoying myself more now than I was and that's not because I'm using shotguns or N-TEC in-fact I've been using stuff like Misery, Anubis since the server came back up and I definitely feel as though I'm doing much better respectively than I would have previously.
I'd rather have the balance as a whole be healthier than have a few guns be slightly better than they were before, and trust me, I used most of these guns regularly at one point or another before this patch and the buffs are minor. The majority of people who think the buffs are major are often people who don't have much experience with the guns as far as I can easily tell, like the people I saw on OTW constantly who thought aspects of guns were changed that were not, simply because they weren't used to the guns. . . or even the people I saw who thought the Manic was buffed because they'd simply never paid attention to the gun anymore. That might not be you, but from my experience the buffs are minor, and I've certainly seen quite a few people who simply didn't know what the guns were like before the buffs.

Yes one of the most used red mods in the game got nerfed and so what..? Good. If it falls out of meta I'm glad. I'm not going to be losing sleep tonight because some people just can't get over the changes to IR, in my opinion it's probably deserved if they've grown so accustomed to it. I'm not a fan of the way IR is right now, in fact I'd of kept it the way it was originally with the 21% firerate nerf and original range benefits if I had it my way. It's not some baseless assumption either, you literally created this thread 20 minutes after the server came back up, so I know for a fact you haven't given the balance pass an actual decent try.
I mean. . . basically the same changes were on OTW. . . and I played those a decent amount, then played a fair bit once they went live. . . but whatever, think what you want I guess?

You stick to this thread voicing out your grievances and I think it's sad that people in this thread are simply pandering to your neuroticism like you actually made this thread in good faith, your entire first post and some other posts you've made in this thread are insults directed at LO. Please stop acting like anything you have to say on the matter is made in good faith, because you could've said any number of things to voice your criticisms and instead you went straight to insults, which is why I'm willing to discount most of what you've said. It wasn't even this thread it was also the posts you made in the balance pass threads too. 
Can you stop throwing shit at me randomly please? I'm not neurotic: having a different view than you does not make me neurotic, okay?

I didn't jump right to insults, I said a ton about these changes it on the OTW threads, and LO didn't give a shit about what me or anyone else said as far as anyone can tell, and they put the patch live on a schedule no other game company I know of would consider reasonable. Furthermore, the insults I made were few and minor, made after a week of frustration trying to explain the issues with what they were doing on the OTW threads. Furthermore, I know for a fact most of the active LO staff on the forums has read this thread by now, so if they actually cared about my insults they would have said something about it.

The one insult I said directly at LO were that they were drunk and off their rocker. . . which aren't exactly. . . major insults. Plus, the idea that you think you can legitimately question my sincerity, or mental state over the internet is ludicrous, as is the fact that you're discounting everything I'm saying simply because you don't like the way I write. If you can't keep your eyes open to new viewpoints from anyone and everyone, I don't honestly see what the point is of being on an internet forum in the first place.

41 minutes ago, Goldtiger said:

I like most of the changes. The old meta felt 'un-fun'. Now, i feel like I can play the game and not get killed instantly by an ntec from across the map, or an hvr from cqc, etc. The only thing that remains a problem is the OCA & server lag tbh. 

P.S. I know the NTEC with IR3 has further range than before, but the RoF decrease and that I could get killed from across the map, but it definitely hasn't been happening so far lol

Considering that IR3 N-TEC still has the same effective RoF at range as it did before the patch when you consider that you don't shoot full-auto past like 10m or something, I don't think I can really agree with you.

I will admit the HVR changes will probably help though. Edited by Kewlin

In light of all of my complaining BTW, I would actually like to commend LO on listening to me and fixing the Scoped N-TEC.

Edited by Kewlin

Quick decisions results to bad actions. rushing with this patch because the community is pressuring the game. that's a hell of unprofessional-ism. Just rollback the game, wait more few months with this patch or release parts of it. 

I don't think the patch was rushed. They made the changes they wanted. It works. It might make some people unhappy, but this wasn't about appeasing the players.

The autism in this thread, yikes.

'Hes complaining about this patych !@!!!! he must be ir3 ntec user !!! hahaha anoob just relorn the metaaaaagjeo9jo!!'

ir3 ntec is still really good. All the guns that were broke from the patch are guns that were completely balanced, aka the Marksman guns.

It's so sad to see people still act like this. Remember the sprint shooting change? It went like this.
'Hes complaining about this patchh!!!! must be carbean user !!! xDDDDDD just use not carbine hahahah!!!'
Which btw that patch went the same way as this one did, it didn't help the gameplay at all and Carbine was still balanced and '''just as op'''. I loved hoping on right after that patch and destroying people with Carbine just like pre-patch and watching people rage.

It's gonna go the same way with this one, prepare to rage silvers who hate Ntec, while also not realizing the damage done to balanced weapons.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Fur said:

The autism in this thread, yikes.

'Hes complaining about this patych !@!!!! he must be ir3 ntec user !!! hahaha anoob just relorn the metaaaaagjeo9jo!!'

ir3 ntec is still really good. All the guns that were broke from the patch are guns that were completely balanced, aka the Marksman guns.

It's so sad to see people still act like this. Remember the sprint shooting change? It went like this.
'Hes complaining about this patchh!!!! must be carbean user !!! xDDDDDD just use not carbine hahahah!!!'
Which btw that patch went the same way as this one did, it didn't help the gameplay at all and Carbine was still balanced and '''just as op'''. I loved hoping on right after that patch and destroying people with Carbine just like pre-patch and watching people rage.

It's gonna go the same way with this one, prepare to rage silvers who hate Ntec, while also not realizing the damage done to balanced weapons.

This is what happens every major change, everyone just comes to an initial assumption based on virtually nothing, and then throw shit at the other side. It's really obnoxious, and I wish people could just have actual discussions. . . I wouldn't even mind if they were a bit heated, as long as it wasn't just a total shits-how.

. . . and I'm not going to claim I'm not autistic, but at least I try to have a point sometimes.

3 hours ago, Kewlin said:

No, because the N-TEC, CR762, and CSG are going to be far stronger than before TBH, and most other guns are going to have more difficulty competing past 50m now.
So what changed from the previous patch then ? Except for maybe the obir, and if the best close range weapon uncontested is a CSG or OCA does not really matter.

20 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

This is what happens every major change, everyone just comes to an initial assumption based on virtually nothing, and then throw shit at the other side. It's really obnoxious, and I wish people could just have actual discussions. . . I wouldn't even mind if they were a bit heated, as long as it wasn't just a total shits-how.

. . . and I'm not going to claim I'm not autistic, but at least I try to have a point sometimes.
You're not being autistic, that's for sure. You're looking at the patch as a whole like people should.

I just wish people would actually take a second and look at the complete effects of a patch. Looking at one gun, seeing it got changed, and going 'yes ! this is awesome' no matter if it gets buffed or nerfed anyway is awful. There's a lot more to what happened to the game than the Ntec. A lot of guns got changed, and certain guns being changed effects other guns as well. OBIR and Obeya being nerfed means HVR is that much more usefull because it has less competition. Looking at things like these is important because it really helps get a full understand of why things are good or bad.

Hence why I said what I said. A lot of the initial replies from people to your original post was just that, awful.

1 minute ago, Jewer said:
3 hours ago, Kewlin said:

No, because the N-TEC, CR762, and CSG are going to be far stronger than before TBH, and most other guns are going to have more difficulty competing past 50m now.
So what changed from the previous patch then ? Except for maybe the obir, and if the best close range weapon uncontested is a CSG or OCA does not really matter.

Here's what they actually did:
What the consequences of the changes are is a whole different story that's hard to totally predict, however I think everything I said about IR changes at least is correct.

2 minutes ago, Fur said:
You're not being autistic, that's for sure. You're looking at the patch as a whole like people should.

I just wish people would actually take a second and look at the complete effects of a patch. Looking at one gun, seeing it got changed, and going 'yes ! this is awesome' no matter if it gets buffed or nerfed anyway is awful. There's a lot more to what happened to the game than the Ntec. A lot of guns got changed, and certain guns being changed effects other guns as well. OBIR and Obeya being nerfed means HVR is that much more usefull because it has less competition. Looking at things like these is important because it really helps get a full understand of why things are good or bad.

Hence why I said what I said. A lot of the initial replies from people to your original post was just that, awful.

Yeah, there are totally tons of things that will come from IR3 being changed that will be hard to foresee without putting in a lot of game time, which is why (as I think you understand) I'm unhappy about the changes being made so rashly. The indirect changes to N-TEC, CR-762, and the HVR are just the tip of the iceberg, I'm sure.

Honestly though, I'm not sure I want to delve into it much until Speed gets the current stats up on the DB. As it is I have no clue what IR is actually doing, though I'm going to bet it increases the fire interval instead of modifying RoF directly like they claim.

3 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Here's what they actually did:
What the consequences of the changes are is a whole different story that's hard to totally predict, however I think everything I said about IR changes at least is correct.

I know what they did i was being sarcastic since the N-tec, CR762 were already the best weapons in the game on midrange that no other guns could compete with. 
I think instead getting all riled up about change the first day you should give it some time and see how the changes affects the game, im sure its a nice breath of fresh air and if anything is overtuned im sure it will be fixed rather fast if i know this community well 🙂

14 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
59 minutes ago, RUN1 said:
snip
Jesus my guy, calm yer titties.
Lol I'm calm. I think he should Apologize to LO what you think? I got offended just looking at the thread Topic. I were in little Orbit..that would have hurt very much. He cannot come across like that come on if he was just a random okay would not have been a big deal but he here longgg enough he is a long time person even had rep for this guy but this is unacceptable . Do you think he should apologize? Edited by RUN1

4 minutes ago, RUN1 said:
Lol I'm calm. I think he should Apologize to LO what you think? I got offended just looking at the thread Topic. I were in little Orbit..that would have hurt very much. He cannot come across like that come on. Do you think he should apologize?
Matt and the LO staff are all adults and professionals. They dont need our protection.
Meeting perceived toxicity with more toxicity isnt going to help anyone or anything.
Dont get me wrong, Ive got no right to judge you... Ive been on both sides of that scenario myself. Im just saying, I know Kewlin and I know that just like you and I and everyone else here... He cares about APB.
Fighting among ourselves just makes us all look like fools, and probably makes LO less likely to listen to any of us.
Anyways Im rambling. Ive had an emotional last few days in regards to APB... I think I just wish we could all get along.

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Matt and the LO staff are all adults and professionals. They dont need our protection.
Meeting perceived toxicity with more toxicity isnt going to help anyone or anything.
Dont get me wrong, Ive got no right to judge you... Ive been on both sides of that scenario myself. Im just saying, I know Kewlin and I know that just like you and I and everyone else here... He cares about APB.
Fighting among ourselves just makes us all look like fools, and probably makes LO less likely to listen to any of us.
Anyways Im rambling. Ive had an emotional last few days in regards to APB... I think I just wish we could all get along.

It's cool. I understand, I also edited my post..its just that he choose the wrong way to express his concerns...maybe he had a bad day? I still think he owe an apology.

The game now, after the changes made to Shotties and IR3, is similar to when Mandy smiled in The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

You changed the Natural Order of things guys (on weapons side only), time to revert back and start again.
  Edited by Poperon

2 hours ago, Jewer said:
I think instead getting all riled up about change the first day you should give it some time and see how the changes affects the game, im sure its a nice breath of fresh air and if anything is overtuned im sure it will be fixed rather fast if i know this community well 🙂

You have a lot more faith in game companies than I do if you think things actually get fixed after they go live. Lots of companies don't make good fixes or revert changes in reasonable timeframes if at all, and I have little to no reason to think LO will be different until they prove otherwise. Until I have reason to believe LO is actually in touch with what APB needs, and this patch certainly didn't prove that, I'll continue to believe they're like the many other game companies that quite honestly don't know what's best for their games.

On 8/9/2018 at 8:16 AM, Kewlin said:

You just put balance changes on live that ENTIRELY changes the meta of APB for the worse. The IR changes legit stupid as fuck: you put up a patch that was made and tested only just over a week, how much of a joke is that? And the IR changes were up less than a week on OTW. IR3 was essential to many guns, and the new downside effects guns each entirely differently, essentially arbitrarily nerfing at least half of the guns in the game regardless of if they needed nerfs or not. You just flat out nerfed the range of most guns in the game on a whim.

If you actually think this patch made any sense then you really need to. . . IDK. . . sit back and play APB a few more years? I had a lot of faith in you LO, but boy oh boy did you let me down this month.

This legitimately is potentially the worst patch in APB history.

Oh, and P.S., I like the new netcode that makes the game unplayable.

Are you saying making IR worse is a bad idea? It's change widening the gap to snipers finally makes snipers (which no one ever used since years) more viable now since the gap widened now. 

I really agree with LO having way too less of an idea by gaming experience what their changes affect, the N-HVR nerf did nothing except affecting some hip shot actions, and now taking a nerf on IR so that OBIR, and obeya, the only non range snipers get a wider gap, just makes Snipers an even ebtter choice than they already were.

On 8/9/2018 at 5:18 AM, Kewlin said:
Yes, it is such a huge change.
  I actually have a rather healthy relationship with my family and today was my weekly meeting with a lot of my immediate family. . . it went rather nice.

As me and some people have said, this isn't about any specific gun, it's about the fact that they made a change to perhaps the 2nd most important mod in APB with barely any testing against the advice of a huge portion of the playerbase, despite saying that this balance pass was going to be mostly about buffs. LO is just off their rocker. The IR changes have huge implications, and they basically did it on a whim, and it's going to fuck A LOT of guns.

And even IR aside, the patch was a trainwreck.
What guns you use daily?
48 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

Are you saying making IR worse is a bad idea? It's change widening the gap to snipers finally makes snipers (which no one ever used since years) more viable now since the gap widened now. 

I really agree with LO having way too less of an idea by gaming experience what their changes affect, the N-HVR nerf did nothing except affecting some hip shot actions, and now taking a nerf on IR so that OBIR, and obeya, the only non range snipers get a wider gap, just makes Snipers an even ebtter choice than they already were.
That's good because snipers are meant to be the best far range weapons...

7 minutes ago, 23k said:
Haha weeb guy telling me to chill out... this is probably the funniest thing i've seen on forums so far. I'm chill i don't know why you get the impression that i'm angry.
Ah sorry i led to confusion. I was talking about the actual post. You guys might wanna talk about that instead of WASP players or something. Too lazy to read your entire chat rn. Edited by SinnedOne

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

... sometimes I wish I could be like that. 

Just play non-meta in Fight Club. Not like anything can happen to your threat color in there after all.

On 8/9/2018 at 3:05 AM, Kewlin said:
 the fact that they made this mistake implies they've never even been seriously involved in any game's community.
Well, they haven't really.  Up until now they've only done licensed games for Cartoon Network and Disney, and I doubt those game's even had forums.  Buying APB was their way of breaking away from that.  

4 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Well, they haven't really.  Up until now they've only done licensed games for Cartoon Network and Disney, and I doubt those game's even had forums.  Buying APB was their way of breaking away from that.

This made me realize how easy it has been to forget that even Little Orbit is somewhat new to this kind of game management. They have the software development capability and experience, that much is beyond clear. But multiplayer gameplay balance is rather new territory for them.

Fortunately the team is sufficiently self-aware of this that I can remain confident, at least for now.
  • Like 2

who said they should buff Shotguns ? who said they should change IR effectiveness ? 
now everyone is having shotguns, is this a troll from the company? are you even thinking about your future ? please revert the changes of shotguns and IR to the previous patch! 

• Like 2

we have pple here to just dislike truth. ok have fun with your "dislikes" every time!

• Like 1