Kewlin

Go Home Little Orbit, You're Drunk.

Just now, Tobii said:
2 minutes ago, Killer Rabbit said:
Here's the thing about that... The vast majority of the playerbase is really bad at this game.
I'd rather LO listened to the top 1% of players who know and understand the game.
That's what we all want.. What they did was listen to one guy and ignore the rest. Even the 1%.
Where is the proof and evidence of that ⌐⌐

Jeez Kewlin, this tone is way out of character for you.

I can admit that the IR changes and a number of other changes seemed pretty rushed, but hey, they shook things up.  There's situations where there's no PRACTICAL difference using IR3 now vs before, but some things are better (Ursus) while others are worse (Temptress, LCR).

Shredder SEEMS op as fvck too while we're at it, but its only been a few hours.

Also, can we get some proper patch notes that properly outline everything that changed?

Edited by mynd

Tested a bunch of often IR3 equipped weapons and weapons not often equipped with IR3 out of curiosity.  And i must say: WHAT the literal fuzzy bunny happened that made the IR3 changes a GOOD idea?  And all because of SHOTGUNS, really?  The only thing i do like about it is the 3 > 6 > 9 range scales, and of course the 18% reduction on the Norsemen weapons feels oddly pleasant to me.  A lot of weapons otherwise get hurt by this change, some actually get even better.  The only problem Improved Rifling even had was that its downside never seemed to exist so it was really just a straight upgrade on all weapons, now it's a downgrade for most.

Showstopper is nice, IR range scale is nice.  IR decreasing fire rate is the farthest thing from nice.  And where are my contacts and spawns?

3 minutes ago, mynd said:

Jeez Kewlin, this tone is way out of character for you.

I can admit that the IR changes and a number of other changes seemed pretty rushed, but hey, they shook things up.  There's situations where there's no PRACTICAL difference using IR3 now vs before, but some things are better (Ursus) while others are worse (Temptress, LCR).

Shredder SEEMS op as fvck too while we're at it, but its only been a few hours.

Also, can we get some proper patch notes that properly outline everything that changed?

I kinda tried the Shredder, its arguably worse with IR3 than without it, the reticle doesn't close at all between shots so while it has great range, the accuracy still worsens unlike some weapons.  As for the LCR, it was actually buffed so its fire rate with IR3 is the same as it used to be without, making the Old Glory model way more powerful with its CJ2.

Edited by SkittyM
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tobii said:
3 minutes ago, Killer Rabbit said:
Here's the thing about that... The vast majority of the playerbase is really bad at this game.
I'd rather LO listened to the top 1% of players who know and understand the game.
That's what we all want.. What they did was listen to one guy and ignore the rest. Even the 1%.
I mean 1% of all players in APB is 20 people, maybe less than that if you're talking about concurrent players based on time zones. Someone new has just as much of a valid opinion than someone who has been playing for years. Someone new may not know the entire nuances of game mechanics but if you were to give a new player a bunch of weapons and have them test all the guns individually, objectively they'd find some guns to be better than others. 

I'm not talking about silvers or people within the majority of the people lower than the 1% I'm genuinely talking about actual new players. 

Honestly though, you all are way too upset, way too early about the IR3 changes.

Yes, NTEC can't use IR3 anymore. Great! It's already extremely effective in close and mid range. It really doesn't need to stray into Rifle territory.
On the other hand, the Obeya benefits from the IR3 changes. The decreased fire rate does not hurt it one bit, since at range you'd never spam it so fast anyway, and it got a few extra meters of effective range. 

Win win, if I ever saw one.

Let the dust settle first, before you start ranting and complaining about balance changes that no one had time to get used to, or find the most effective ways to use.

1 minute ago, Killer Rabbit said:

Yes, NTEC can't use IR3 anymore.

It is very good with IR3. WTF are you talking about?

NTEC can't use IR3 anymore

wrong.

Honestly though, you all are way too upset, way too early about the IR3 changes.

Yes, NTEC can't use IR3 anymore. Great! It's already extremely effective in close and mid range. It really doesn't need to stray into Rifle territory.
On the other hand, the Obeya benefits from the IR3 changes. The decreased fire rate does not hurt it one bit, since at range you'd never spam it so fast anyway, and it got a few extra meters of effective range. 

Win win, if I ever saw one.

Let the dust settle first, before you start ranting and complaining about balance changes that no one had time to get used to, or find the most effective ways to use.

The N-TEC 5 (and 7?) is better WITH these changes than without.  At least from what i have been told.  The N-SSW also seems to benefit from the reduction as its like having HB2 but with a range increase. Edited by SkittyM

Doesn't it TTK go way up, making it worse in close range? I thought this is what everyone was whining about.
If you're happy with tap firing at 60 meters, what is the problem? That you can't both 0.7 ttk at short range AND snipe at the same time?

1 minute ago, Tobii said:

NTEC can't use IR3 anymore

wrong.
1dxet4.jpg
N-TEC is still fine w/ IR3, in fact, I'd say N-TEC is one of the least affected guns.

Doesn't it TTK go way up, making it worse in close range? I thought this is what everyone was whining about.
If you're happy with tap firing at 60 meters, what is the problem? That you can't both 0.7 ttk at short range AND snipe at the same time?

Still not seeing what the big deal is, let them finish with the interface changes, they can always fix the guns at a later date. I'm not going to scream and cry and resort to personal attacks because they broke my favourite gun. I find several people in this thread to be acting immature. I would never cuss out LO, they are worlds apart better than G1. For my sake please, mind your manners.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Killer Rabbit said:

This entire thing isn't about the ntec? The ntec is fine with and without IR3. Always has been.

7 minutes ago, Killer Rabbit said:

ntec got nerfed with ir changes get beaned kiddos hahahaa :^)

ntec itself is pretty unchanged... my opinion is that IR just now makes it very noob friendly, full autoing with the reduced fire rate gets you so close to the rate you'd tap its comical. those who were using an IR ntec in cq may be gimped now, but switching to cj3 is still the same ntec, just a couple meters off it's max range, which is usually no problem at all. infact it felt like the bloom recovery using cj was better anyway.

This is their first real patch and they're actually trying.  They plan to continue to work on gun balance.  This isn't G1 where they patched it once and called it good.  I'm interested to see what meta forms with this and with more real world testing that they couldn't get on the test server they'll be able to see better where to tweak and adjust things.  It's been less than a day.  I don't think we need to start telling them off when they haven't deserved it.  This isn't G1, don't bring your built up hate for years of abuse on to a new team that is actively trying to save this game.

Let this patch simmer for a week or two, see where things land and see what meta forms before making more adjustments.  

The IR change is great. Guns long range potency didn't get changed, you tap fire them the same way as before, but their cqc spray potency got decreased. As it should be. You sacrifice some cqc for long range. Yes some guns long range potency got tiny bit decreased like the Oscar but that's fine, those weapons needed that. Oscar is still one of the best weapons in the game with ir3, the fire rate decrease is only a little bit. People are just overreacting. 

5 minutes ago, Mercuie said:

Let this patch simmer for a week or two, see where things land and see what meta forms before making more adjustments.  

Some things need to be immediatly being looked at, ATAC "Patroller" for example. Discuss here https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/3312-atac-patroller-and-ir3-change/.. Edited by holyTyu

I've cleaned a bunch of replies to this thread. Please be civil, everyone.

3 minutes ago, Flight said:

I've cleaned a bunch of replies to this thread. Please be civil, everyone.

I am not sure why I get a warning for saying stuff the person say publicly.
Even posting topics specifically just for that..

Read their post history. None of what I said hasn't been said by the person prior.
Does that mean I should report them for insulting themselves?

12 minutes ago, Tobii said:

The shredder is the same as before.

Pretty sure it was.  All shotguns were buffed and then they talked about scaling back a few of the OTW changes excluding the Shredder and Thumper I do believe.

5 minutes ago, Tobii said:
I am not sure why I get a warning for saying stuff the person say publicly.
Even posting topics specifically just for that..

Read their post history. None of what I said hasn't been said by the person prior.
Does that mean I should report them for insulting themselves?
I got the same thing from Flight, I thought it was ridiculous as well. /shrug their forums their rules.  I'll be a better law-abiding, non-toxic citizen from here on out.

Relax, all. Yes, the testing was too short for such rather drastic changes.

However, changes cause progress, "bad" changes or mistakes even more so. They'll learn from it and keep balancing. It's not like the entire weapon balancing can be done with one or two patches.

I rather have a team that rushes updates than one that literally never does anything. Even if they throw out a "premature" weapon patch every two weeks, we'll eventually arrive at a destination much sooner than from one semi-good patch every two years.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kewlin said:
1 hour ago, saudauish said:

if ir3 is a must on so many guns maybe its time to change why that is, not the mod itself

I'm actually not going to totally disagree with this, this has made me see that range in APB is kinda' totally fucked.

Good to see you're not set on your initial opinion. I was gonna call bullshoot on your "IR3 was essential to many guns", because it isn't. It was just an essential straight upgrade to most of them - which needed to be fixed.

I do agree that launching the changes prematurely is a bit cocky, but it might finally give APB some freshness that it has been lacking for years.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, mynd said:
41 minutes ago, Tobii said:

The shredder is the same as before.

Pretty sure it was.  All shotguns were buffed and then they talked about scaling back a few of the OTW changes excluding the Shredder and Thumper I do believe.
No I mean that the shredder is basically the same. It's not OP.
they upped the ROF to prevent IR3 from making it too slow.
They also added 5 meters to it's effective range.
BUT. Due to the spread of the pellets, it's basically the same as before.. Maybe a little bit more consistent?