Kewlin

Go Home Little Orbit, You're Drunk.

Just now, Kewlin said:

If you haven't tested any of these changes why do you even think you're part of the discussion?

Because he watched the changes closely! :^)
He's super smart! He can make up thousands of test scenarios in his head! No need to actually test them in-game.
1 minute ago, Puffdragon said:

why don't you two go hug and kiss in the corner

That would just make you jealous.

1 hour ago, Tobii said:
And you've been "watching"... And you feel like you're in a position to comment on these changes then? ok.

The meta will shift, new guns will become useful, and life will go on.

2 minutes ago, Killer Rabbit said:

Do you think that some stat changes really warrant all this anger? Take a step back and reevaluate this situation, dude. Is this such a huge deal, and such a pivotal moment in your life? Come on.

You're acting like one of those horrible retail customers that scream at employees. 😕
Meta shift shouldn't push guns, which weren't meta even farther out of meta. Go buy yourself an ATAC "Patroller". I will see if you continue thinking IR changes were not rushed.

Also, N-TEC is still meta. Edited by holyTyu

shotguns are now meta.
ir3 ntec is now noob friendly being that the fire rate nerf compliments the bloom recovery making it so you can full auto out to the top end of its range, there isn't punishment for just holding lmb. using it like a silver brand new to the game is actually how it's used now.. good way to delete any skill involved.
ir3 change in general seems to have questionable qualities.
heavy hvr still pretty unchanged, expect less quick switchers but now expect everyone to be 100m out and put a real hitch on how the gameplay works.
mitigation continues to do nothing but warp people around and make the game less playable than taking the hit of a ddos once in a blue moon.

current state of the game? troublemaker tier trash.
in light of all that... showstopper seems good, cool in concept, i approve.
LOVE the JT store additions, one of the most underrated changes to the game in the last patch.. please keep.

2 minutes ago, iMiss said:

there isn't punishment for just holding lmb

This isn't correct. The ntec is mostly the same in this regard.
You either tap or burst the gun or you won't hit on range.. Just like before.
1 minute ago, Hexerin said:
8e5d27627462297f11bcc7ed1a25b0eb.png

New staff [is] Shy.
not new. he's been here from the start. Edited by Tobii

Just now, Tobii said:
not new. he's been here from the start.
[Not] new staff [is] Shy.*

1 minute ago, Tobii said:
This isn't correct. The ntec is mostly the same in this regards.
Actually with IR3 you can full-auto at 30meters and hit every shot. There is not much point to burst fire anymore.

This year's snowball launcher needs to be renamed to "made by the tears of those upset by the Rifling and HVR changes" I guess. 

• Like 10

Just now, Hexerin said:
1 minute ago, Tobii said:
not new. he's been here from the start.
[Not] new staff [is] Shy.*
Well, his name is shy..LO. I believe he stated he was shy in some of his first posts? /shrug

39 minutes ago, Killer Rabbit said:

You need to take a chill pill.
So far, the changes have been great and a much needed breath of fresh air.

You're upset that your full auto cqc sniper rifle can't have rifling on it anymore? Too bad. Adapt. There are other guns that now have a chance to shine.

Have you seen the new Carbine with IR? It's fucking horrendous. CJ is still fine though so I'm fine, Carbine main here that mostly used CJ so I'm fine with the changes, but it's still garbage with IR now. Edited by Similarities

1 hour ago, holyTyu said:
Meta shift shouldn't push guns, which weren't meta even farther out of meta. Go buy yourself an ATAC "Patroller". I will see if you continue thinking IR changes were not rushed.

Also, N-TEC is still meta.
Why would I buy a preset weapon when a 3 slot is available? That's just making a bad purchase...

Yes, Patroller got nerfed because of this. 
You could try presenting your argument and suggesting a course of action to fix it in a polite and mature way, which would actually have a chance of working.
Or you could just flail your arms around and scream at LO.

1 minute ago, holyTyu said:
3 minutes ago, Tobii said:
This isn't correct. The ntec is mostly the same in this regards.
Actually with IR3 you can full-auto at 30meters and hit every shot. There is not much point to burst fire anymore.
You could before as well? You could also jump with the ntec and hit every shot at 20 meters.

I mean the changes have been up on the liver server for a little over an hour and people are already complaining. I'm going to give it time, I'm playing the same game that you guys are and I'm willing to accept changes will take some adaptation. Doesn't mean I'm not finding issues with the current balance and I personally thought and perhaps wish they had extended the OTW longer as well. I think I'll give it a week or more before I actually come to some decent conclusion on what I think. 

Honestly I'm wondering as I went to live server why Mobile Radar Tower didn't just get completely removed or demolished. 

Edited by AgentWatson

if you aren't uninstalled by now, you admit to being fully plugged in. do your family, friends, and enemies a favor, uninstall and go outside.

Just now, Killer Rabbit said:
Because you're being very aggressive towards everyone. 
  Why would I buy a preset weapon when a 3 slot is available? That's just making a bad purchase...

Yes, Patroller got nerfed because of this. 
You could try presenting your argument and suggesting a course of action to fix it in a polite and mature way, which would actually have a chance of working.
Or you could just flail your arms around and scream at LO.
Patroller comes with a KTTW pack, I created a thread specificially to talk about Patroller. Come here and discuss I'm just trying to point some ACTUAL issues with IR changes and redirect it to that thread.

Hoping the server restart fixes this, but god DAMN Jericho is laggy.

I tested some guns, lmgs and smgs seem fine, rifle feels weird. Ofcourse the experts will debate my opinion but I don't mind these changes.

5 minutes ago, Similarities said:
Hoping the server restart fixes this, but god DAMN Jericho is laggy.
damn that video, the mitigation is so shit.. why does anyone think its playable.

if ir3 is a must on so many guns maybe its time to change why that is, not the mod itself

21 minutes ago, Killer Rabbit said:

Do you think that some stat changes really warrant all this anger? Take a step back and reevaluate this situation, dude. Is this such a huge deal, and such a pivotal moment in your life? Come on.
Yes, it is such a huge change.

9 minutes ago, bezzzz said:

if you aren't uninstalled by now, you admit to being fully plugged in. do your family, friends, and enemies a favor, uninstall and go outside.

I actually have a rather healthy relationship with my family and today was my weekly meeting with a lot of my immediate family. . . it went rather nice.

As me and some people have said, this isn't about any specific gun, it's about the fact that they made a change to perhaps the 2nd most important mod in APB with barely any testing against the advice of a huge portion of the playerbase, despite saying that this balance pass was going to be mostly about buffs. LO is just off their rocker. The IR changes have huge implications, and they basically did it on a whim, and it's going to fuck A LOT of guns.

And even IR aside, the patch was a trainwreck.
  • Like 2

For me it feels not so bad, like that there are some real changes coming to apb, and not only making money content ^^

Just now, saudauish said:

if ir3 is a must on so many guns maybe its time to change why that is, not the mod itself

I'm actually not going to totally disagree with this, this has made me see that range in APB is kinda' totally fucked.

1 minute ago, Kewlin said:

barely any testing against the advice of a huge portion of the playerbase

Here's the thing about that... The vast majority of the playerbase is really bad at this game.
I'd rather LO listened to the top 1% of players who know and understand the game.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Killer Rabbit said:
Here's the thing about that... The vast majority of the playerbase is really bad at this game.
I'd rather LO listened to the top 1% of players who know and understand the game.
That's what we all want.. What they did was listen to one guy and ignore the rest. Even the 1%.