Sign in to follow this  
qsn

Amen to oscar.

its useless right now really..

some pocket version of obir which does +29 per shot and has lower range.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can't agree because the oscar performs great for me. It was never intended to be long range like the obir, it's a close-medium range gun. Throw reflex sight on it and use it as a cqc gun and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Finally its not hipfire spam cannon for 50m range now its correct

18 minutes ago, EliteViperNinja said:

I can't agree because the oscar performs great for me. It was never intended to be long range like the obir, it's a close-medium range gun. Throw reflex sight on it and use it as a cqc gun and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Reflex sight on Oscar is terrible, the modifier cap is 1.01, you should be using anything on it BUT reflex. 

The oscar is amazing, i'm not sure what kind of drugs you're smoking.

Edited by LazyLizard

1 hour ago, Ignas / qsn said:

stock oscar remains crazy good, even with ir3 its still not bad 

53 minutes ago, Similarities said:
Reflex sight on Oscar is terrible, the modifier cap is 1.01, you should be using anything on it BUT reflex. 
RS3 changes run modifier from 1.2 to 1.0, why it is bad lol.

Hardly useless now lol. Just pair it with a RFP Fang and go ham.

• Like 1

How is it useless? It has a tiny bit longer ttk it ir3, wow. It's still a top tier gun. And you can just not put IR on it. 

3 hours ago, Ignas / qsn said:

It does 145 damage per shot do be exact, and I honestly wouldn't call it useless. I suspect more people will now discover alternatives to the award winner setup. For instance, that MB also makes sense on the OSCAR, or they'll just replace the red mod by EM. Definitely could make using the OSCAR more interesting.

3 hours ago, Similarities said:
RS is still quite a given on the OSCAR imo. Not sure why you're referring to the modifier cap. The only negative effect of RS is a worse marksman modifier (and taking up a mod slot), and you really shouldn't be using it in mms mode.

12 minutes ago, thelinux said:

It does 145 damage per shot do be exact, and I honestly wouldn't call it useless. I suspect more people will now discover alternatives to the award winner setup. For instance, that MB also makes sense on the OSCAR, or they'll just replace the red mod by EM. Definitely could make using the OSCAR more interesting.

RS is still quite a given on the OSCAR imo. Not sure why you're referring to the modifier cap. The only negative effect of RS is a worse marksman modifier (and taking up a mod slot), and you really shouldn't be using it in mms mode.
Because RS has no effect on Oscar even if you worry about sprint/run modifier, the gun is dead accurate regardless and the other mod slots that RS takes up (and does nothing for) can be used for other, much more effective mods. RS on Carbine, sure. RS on Oscar, absolutely useless because the gun has basically no bloom and any bloom one might receive from the inaccuracy of sprinting or firing is negated by the basically non-existent bloom cap, slap on literally anything else that's not CJ/HB and it'll be better than RS (except maybe EM because EM sucks)

1 hour ago, Similarities said:
1 hour ago, thelinux said:

Because RS has no effect on Oscar even if you worry about sprint/run modifier, the gun is dead accurate regardless and the other mod slots that RS takes up (and does nothing for) can be used for other, much more effective mods. RS on Carbine, sure. RS on Oscar, absolutely useless because the gun has basically no bloom and any bloom one might receive from the inaccuracy of sprinting or firing is negated by the basically non-existent bloom cap, slap on literally anything else that's not CJ/HB and it'll be better than RS (except maybe EM because EM sucks)

The run modifier is exactly what I'm about, it's basically the main reason why you put RS on the OSCAR.
Also I think EM is pretty good on it. Why do you think it sucks?

7 hours ago, Shini said:

^gets it

9 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
11 hours ago, Ignas / qsn said:

stock oscar remains crazy good, even with ir3 its still not bad 
gonna use cj3 or cj2 with oscar from now on. IR3 doesn't seem like it would be to ideal for some situations. Edited by YeOldLegends

31 minutes ago, YeOldLegends said:
gonna use cj3 or cj2 with oscar from now on. IR3 doesn't seem like it would be to ideal for some situations.
cooling jacket affects the time between each shot in a burst, not recommended for any burst fire weapons

10 hours ago, Shini said:

I find it kind of odd that a compact pistol has more damage and accuracy at range than a rifle.

4 minutes ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:
10 hours ago, Shini said:

I find it kind of odd that a compact pistol has more damage and accuracy at range than a rifle.
rfp has 40m range, rifles have 60m
I dont understand what you are saying.

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Both have 40M range, but the RFP Fang has way better accuracy and higher burst damage.

11 minutes ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:
22 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Both have 40M range, but the RFP Fang has way better accuracy and higher burst damage.
Are you sure you mean rifles? Like the Obir and the cr762?
Or do you just mean the carbine and oscar?

so u cant put IR3 on oscar anymore and now it's shit?

59 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Are you sure you mean rifles? Like the Obir and the cr762?
Or do you just mean the carbine and oscar?
I meant carbines.

Technically, the OSCAR and OBIR are the same weapon based on RTW's original concept, but now I'm just rambling. I do wish they would release the middle tier model. It's the one in those mission objective weapon crates.
50 minutes ago, Keshi said:

so u cant put IR3 on oscar anymore and now it's shit?

It's rate of fire gets reduced which makes it kind of useless up close. It's not a bad weapon unmodded, it's just not as good. Now that role between 40-50M is strickly N-TEC if you need the fastest ttk. Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

1 hour ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:
I meant carbines.

Technically, the OSCAR and OBIR are the same weapon based on RTW's original concept, but now I'm just rambling. I do wish they would release the middle tier model. It's the one in those mission objective weapon crates. It's rate of fire gets reduced which makes it kind of useless up close. It's not a bad weapon unmodded, it's just not as good. Now that role between 40-50M is strickly N-TEC if you need the fastest ttk.
IR3 is what i use on carbine and oscar because it had no downside, free extra range but now that there's a reduce speed when using IR3, it feels like we are finally gonna see CJ3's back on carbines and oscars again.
And ofcourse a carbine has a less chance of beating an AR in a mid/long range now. And this is coming from someone who loves the Joker carbine a lot

2 hours ago, Keshi said:
IR3 is what i use on carbine and oscar because it had no downside, free extra range but now that there's a reduce speed when using IR3, it feels like we are finally gonna see CJ3's back on carbines and oscars again.

IR3 has always had a downside on the carbine imo. Also, CJ on the OSCAR makes close to no sense as it technically affects the fire interval between the shots within a burst, not between bursts.

Oscar is least affect MM gun from the patch. Oscar is still quite fine especially since it's now better than the Carbine as Carbine is bad with IR3.
RS3 Tagger Oscar might be the best MM gun atm

On 8/9/2018 at 7:09 PM, thelinux said:

IR3 has always had a downside on the carbine imo. Also, CJ on the OSCAR makes close to no sense as it technically affects the fire interval between the shots within a burst, not between bursts.
IR increased the bloom cap. The OSCAR is unaffected by this since it recovers bloom faster than you can shoot. CJ decreases the time needed between clicks, not the burst rate, unless this was changed by Little Orbit. CJ is actually a good mod because it allows more room when timing your shots. At worst your ttk will be the same if your timing is perfect without CJ. IR3 was better because of the slight range boost, but now it's stupid to put it on anything but the N-TEC due to the insane ttk increase.
On 8/9/2018 at 4:45 PM, Keshi said:
And ofcourse a carbine has a less chance of beating an AR in a mid/long range now. And this is coming from someone who loves the Joker carbine a lot
And now it doesn't make sense to use the OSCAR over the N-TEC. The N-TEC + IR3 still has better ttk than the OSCAR unmodded. All the IR3 change did was nerf every other weapon, at mid range, but made the N-TEC stronger in it.

Alright, instead of reverting the IR change, I think what needs to be done is carbines need a higher minimum damage or a range increase. Than again, there's tons of preset weapons that are now useless due to the IR change.

EDIT: Also, with the increased usable range on shotguns, the OSCAR really has no place in the game. I think the carbines need a 5 to 10M range boost to balance them, or just reverse the IR3 change instead of messed with every weapon. Edited by MrsHappyPenguin
  • Thanks 1