Ebola-Chan

Why are people so scared of changes ?

First of all sorry for my bad grammer and i might miss spell words since im writing this on my phone

So why are people so scared of changes, Most modern online games have some kind of "seasons" that deviate meta's and add new stuff
thats how you keep your game alive and thats how you make new people play your game

if the game stays as is its veteran friendly BUT it means new players have to deal woth people that know every corner of this game starting from the map to weapons amd every bug and glitch to abuse
thats how the game has been for the last 7 years or so

we need changes, we need new content.
we cant keep everything as is and complain about "nerf this nerf that"

TL:DR We need these weapon changes and we might need meta deviations every once in a while

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Only a small very vocal minority of the gamebase is rioting at the thought of changing their precious meta; most players understand exactly what you state and agree, but as many people know a few bad apples can ruin the whole bunch

• Like 4

it is human nature, one that probably allowed us to survive through millions of years of evolution.

Until someone else takes the risk (change) we are not prone to accept an idea that has not already proven to work.

It is like this in every field, business, entertainment, etc.

Look at how people react to change in MMOs.  The first MMOs did not allow skill resets.  When some players proposed them, the majority of people blew up against the idea saying it would break any game that allowed skill resets.

Same with outfit customization or any change that did not release with the game.

Edited by illgot
  • Like 2

i’m all for balancing gameplay as needed, but change just for the sake of change is a waste of time and resources imo

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ebola-Chan said:

if the game stays as is its veteran friendly 

2 minutes ago, illgot said:

it is human nature

Firstly, I'm for changes and I agree meta shifts keep things fresh and healthy.
However, the game has been largely unchanged for years and the changes are under the roof of new ownership.. I understand people being wary.
  • Like 1

What bothers me the most is that so many players complain about things that have to be changed, but a very small amount of people is actually interested in solving those problems, and not just complaining about them. You can easily realize that when looking at the population on OTW.

Just noobtec mainers cry since other weapons are gonna beat it in several conditions 

16 minutes ago, thelinux said:

What bothers me the most is that so many players complain about things that have to be changed, but a very small amount of people is actually interested in solving those problems, and not just complaining about them. You can easily realize that when looking at the population on OTW.

i think alot of people play on otw to have all of the weapons unlocked
you can see that by all tge ntec tryharders there
alot of the times when ive played in baylan most of the people were running with live weapons and just tryharding while a few people were actually trying out weapons and discussing about them

It is a reality that many games are broken by changes, so i can understand why people be scared.

24 minutes ago, Eixo said:

Just noobtec mainers cry since other weapons are gonna beat it in several conditions 

No? Ntec will be most likely be used the same amount.. Unless they make actual changes to it.

8 minutes ago, Tobii said:
33 minutes ago, Eixo said:

No? Ntec will be most likely be used the same amount.. Unless they make actual changes to it.
+1
its like when they nerfed ntec so when heavy barrel 2 is added it takes 1 more shot to kill so people adapted and started using ir3
people will just abuse cooling jacket now or something like that

17 minutes ago, Ebola-Chan said:
+1
its like when they nerfed ntec so when heavy barrel 2 is added it takes 1 more shot to kill so people adapted and started using ir3
people will just abuse cooling jacket now or something like that
I am not so sure. The actual IR3 changes do no make the Ntec useless.
I've tested it on OTW and the Ntec is still better than 90% of the other weapons, even with IR3.

I like the IR3 changes on the ntec.. So I would use it in the future.

1 minute ago, Tobii said:
I am not so sure. The actual IR3 changes do no make the Ntec useless.
I've tested it on OTW and the Ntec is still better than 90% of the other weapons, even with IR3.

I like the IR3 changes on the ntec.. So I would use it in the future.
when i played on otw i still didnt have mods so i could try the ir3 only tested some premodded weapons
hope they maxed me there now

anyways i think it still impacts the rush aspect of it so yeah..

If they buff the range of IR, the N-TEC will be even better as it doesn't really suffer from the firerate penalty.

59 minutes ago, Ebola-Chan said:

when i played on otw i still didnt have mods so i could try the ir3 only tested some premodded weapons

You should have received an ingame mail with the subject "Modifications" that contains all the mods

Just now, Kevkof said:
1 hour ago, Ebola-Chan said:

You should have received an ingame mail with the subject "Modifications" that contains all the mods
This was only just added. 
  • Thanks 1

I'd think some may be worried about change because of the games history. imo I don't think these changes are all that drastic. If it gets harder, then get better. Its already been great with LO just based on communication. I'm excited to see what they bring to the game.

"Let things remain as they are" advocate here, let me answer that question for you.
If we're talking meta, I will only speak for myself and say that personally, I'm fine. I might encourage that yes. The Ntec being a top tier gun has dragged for too long. Way too long. This is just an example let us not talk about ATACs and other very strong guns.

Meta aside, what I fear the most is APB Losing its identity. Too many games have changed core things that made them what they were in the first place and these changes scrubbed players away. League of Legends for instance has reworked champions and these said champions have lost what made them unique, but let's not discuss that here, I'm just giving examples. I hope APB doesn't deviate from what it is. Imagine adding new mechanics to the game like the GTA-like cover behind cars. We'd have The division: Reloaded instead of APB. Consumables are borderline acceptable if you ask me. G1 took a fair bit of risk when they implemented them and I'd consider that an orange line, trespassing it further would be high risk imo.

Tl;dr: I'm not afraid of meta changes, I'm afraid of APB losing its core identity.

Issr-a , misery, cobra did surprise me a lot, they are pretty solid guns

3 hours ago, TackoGirl said:

It is a reality that many games are broken by changes, so i can understand why people be scared.

^

3 hours ago, Eixo said:

I'm scared of change when changes are made for people that say goofy stuff like this.

If you want an example of people rightfully being afraid of change, check out Crossout.  When that game entered closed beta, there were a lot of issues, but it was still really fun.  The leveling system was kinda grindy and worked like APB's but it wasn't all that bad.  Vehicles were fun to drive and you could do some crazy stuff with them.  Then they started changing things like the way progression worked, so once you reach a certain amount of XP per day it pretty much halts your progression for that day, and every change to the progression system since then seems like a direct effort to slow progression.  They also started applying limits to items, so you can only put one engine on your vehicle for example, which basically killed off ramming builds, then after that they made it so each wheel (or movement part) reduced the engine's power so now it's impossible to max out the acceleration bar, making the game feel extremely sluggish and boring.  You used to even be able to do a wheelie if you made a somewhat light buggy.  In Crossout's case change was a bad thing aside from new content.  

APB however, has been stagnant for far too long.  Now we have Little Orbit, which actually listens to us and isn't afraid to try new things.  One of the problems with Crossout's devs is they don't take criticism very well, and will often post their ideas for the upcoming patch a day before it goes live, and if a majority of the feedback isn't in their favor, they lock the patch note discussion thread.  Little Orbit has been giving us fair warning since the day they took over.  It's because of this that I trust LO to make good changes a hell of a lot more than I trust Targem to make good changes.  So I'm looking forward to the future of APB, and as long as LO keeps up this communication I won't be afraid of changes because if one is completely ridiculous there will be a bit of backlash and they probably won't end up adding it.

Edited by BrandonBranderson