Hexerin

Jericho server restart? August 7, 11:40 PM PST

Indeed, was a pretty abrupt shutdown, would've expected some sort of announcement beforehand

Yeah... the login server is actually down which means ALL of the servers are offline. They must have a good reason to shut the servers down but I agree that they should have issued at the very least a 5-10 minute warning ahead of time. Unless it's another infamous ddos attack, wouldn't surprise me.

8 minutes ago, Davess said:

Indeed, was a pretty abrupt shutdown, would've expected some sort of announcement beforehand

2 minutes ago, EliteViperNinja said:

Yeah... the login server is actually down which means ALL of the servers are offline. They must have a good reason to shut the servers down but I agree that they should have issued at the very least a 5-10 minute warning ahead of time. Unless it's another infamous ddos attack, wouldn't surprise me.

there was a standard 15-10 minute countdown before they actually shut down. there was warning.

Just now, iMiss said:
there was a standard 15-10 minute countdown before they actually shut down. there was warning.
I wasn't even playing so I was just going off what everyone else said. If they issued a warning then I don't see what the fuss is about. Any word on when they'll be back up or why they went down?

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Hi guys,

This was a DDOS attack. We've done well for the last week mitigating various issues, but tonight was a back to back hit on Jericho one hour and then Citadel the next.
We're working on rebooting servers.

Thanks,
Matt

possibly this? idk

Just now, EliteViperNinja said:
I wasn't even playing so I was just going off what everyone else said. If they issued a warning then I don't see what the fuss is about. Any word on when they'll be back up or why they went down?
well the fuss is the servers had unexpectedly gone down about 3 hours ago, several times in a row, and from then until now they were incredibly unstable, a lot of warping and such..
it's not the usual day or time to do maintenance and they only gave an ingame countdown, we dont really know exactly what they've been taken down for.

i'd reckon it's to fix the laggy warpy junk that we've been experiencing the past few hours, though.