counterfate

Character Name Change

1200 g1c for name change? wtf? fix this price pls. its not normal....
500g1c is maximum..

we all know g1 milked the namechange and friends/ignore list extender
But i do agree with 1200 being too much. maybe @MattScott should look into this

12$ for a name change is pretty average when compared to other games.

Cost of name changes:
BattleTag: $10
Gamertag: ~$10
Uplay: [FREE]
Origin: [FREE]

I feel like $10 be a fair price for it, to avoid it being abused.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dopefish said:
Cost of name changes:
BattleTag: $10
Gamertag: ~$10
Uplay: [FREE]
Origin: [FREE]

I feel like $10 be a fair price for it, to avoid it being abused.
Fair enough. I used one when there was 50% discount quite recently.

an easy solution would be to pick a name you're happy with the first time

Hi all,

The price is purely there to put up a barrier for players to abuse other players and then quickly change their name.
We are already eliminating the monetization around the ignore/friends list extender in the next patch.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

The price is purely there to put up a barrier for players to abuse other players and then quickly change their name.
We are already eliminating the monetization around the ignore/friends list extender in the next patch.

Thanks,
Matt

never heard of anyone using namechanges to abuse other players... also, there should be records for name changes so reporting certain players shouldn't be an issue even with name changes... so umm, why not put a cooldown to name changes? Edited by Snubnose
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,
Matt

Except people stay on your ignore after changing names :)? $20 name changes is just pathetic as fuck
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, saudauish said:
Except people stay on your ignore after changing names :)? $20 name changes is just pathetic as fuck
i think that’s $12 usd?

if you have to pay with some other funny money that has internet tax, that’s a personal problem
  • Like 1

'the price is purely to prevent abuse' LMAOOOOOOOOOO i lose faith in these bullshoot artists everyday

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,
Matt

But will there be any price reduction? At least to make it less than 10 dollars

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

The ignore list automatically updates with name changes, so that reason has no basis.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Snubnose said:
never heard of anyone using namechanges to abuse other players...
Well, because they're that expensive.

Matt Scott, already said they're going to fix the name changed names being added to a person whom is stalking you. I.e. you must request a person to be your friend and they must accept, in order for them to even find you in the search bar. They will handle this, shortly. 

4 minutes ago, thelinux said:
3 hours ago, Snubnose said:
never heard of anyone using namechanges to abuse other players...
Well, because they're that expensive.
I've seen it a few times with mainly scammers changing their names. Or people that just have a bad rep within the community. Or certain people buying accounts and renaming everything. Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

There's nothing wrong, with someone wanting to start over, i.e a bad rap.... The scammers and the account buyers, mainly are  buying name changes in bulk.

Edited by Kivron
grammar

Time to change your identity? San Paro Witness Protection is helping both Criminals and Enforcers alike go incognito by changing your name.

Would be good if name change also wiped you from everyone's ignore and friend lists because now you can track people and their new nicknames by adding to ignore list.

1 minute ago, The Suspect said:

Time to change your identity? San Paro Witness Protection is helping both Criminals and Enforcers alike go incognito by changing your name.

Would be good if name change also wiped you from everyone's ignore and friend lists because now you can track people and their new nicknames by adding to ignore list.
Matt Scott, said they were going to implement that with the changes of the friends list/ignore list. 🙂

Cleaned up the thread a little to get rid of some toxic replies and conversations surrounding those.
If your reply was removed, that is why.

Keep it civil, everyone 🙂

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, saudauish said:
12, still too high imo.
4 hours ago, Hexerin said:
The ignore list automatically updates with name changes, so that reason has no basis.
i guess it's not only about ignoring but also reputation.

a smaller pricetag would have the same effect though.
hopefully they'd reduce it to 8 or smth.
it's an okay price during sales though

While i think there's too much crying going on, seeing that they are looking out to solve 2 problems at once, i still think 1200 for a name change might be a bit too much.

1000 G1C would do its justice.

Edited by Poperon
because im a ret4rd that mixes APB$ with G1C right after waking up

It should be free, but limited for a certain amount of time, with GTA V for example, you can change it once every year.

2 hours ago, Poperon said:

While i think there's too much crying going on, seeing that they are looking out to solve 2 problems at once, i still think 1200 for a name change might be a bit too much.

1000 APB$ would do its justice.

i don’t think making it free is a solution