mongoose

Primary Weapon Tier Listing

do keep in mind this is fairly opinionated based on my own experience with and against said weaponry - please do not flame me, i did not put your favorite gun in a tier lower than mine because i think it looks stupid or because you used it, it's just what i've experience with the gun.

6 minutes ago, sidezz said:

this is why I said it's a pretty opinionated list:

• my experience against it any X scenario
  • my experience with it in any X scenario
  • mission effectiveness rate
  • fc effectiveness rate (independent), again you make a great mention saying it's not really too comparable to a mission district
  • flexability - viability in any X scenario(s)
  • consistency
  • usage rate - think similarily to hero pick rate for overwatch
    • ease of use is not factored in
    • assume all examples of play are top tier however, not perfect because then it'd be all about minimum ttk

there are a few exceptions that bounced awkwardly between two tiers (OSCAR, Scout, CSG) so I just placed them in the lower tier.

discuss it, i'd love to see everyone's input on this graphic.

this is considering results in a random assortment of 100 one on one situations, barring all mods from ever being in place (except those that make the gun, in ACES situation)

VxyzaVW.png

S Tier: OCA, NTEC-5
A Tier: CSG, PMG, Carbine, Scout, CR762, OSCAR (S-A Tier)
B Tier: DMR-SD, ATAC, ACES Short, ACES Long, HVR, JG, OBIR (essentially the same function as HVR)
C Tier: NSSW, COBR-A, Tommygun, NFAS, SHAW, STAR (LCR would be B-C Tier)
D Tier: ALIG

Edited by sidezz
  • Like 1

APB and tierlists honestly don't mix TBH, 'cause there's too many ways that what guns work well is entirely dependent on the player, and every player has difficulty facing different weapons, and as such it's nigh impossible for anyone to agree on virtually anything, no matter how hard you try to be subjective.

In addition, there's like half a fucking million guns.

Good job, i mostly agree with all the tiers except pmg that would be in S imo. 

Best Build for N-TEC 5: Improved Rifling 3, Magazine Pull 3 and Mobility Sling.

Best Build for STAR: Magazine Pull 3 and Mobility Sling ONLY.

39 minutes ago, Maverick13 said:

Best Build for N-TEC 5: Improved Rifling 3, Magazine Pull 3 and Mobility Sling.

Best Build for STAR: Magazine Pull 3 and Mobility Sling ONLY.

Who needs Hunting Sight 3 on N-tec amirite? LOL

• Like 1

Tier lists are fun, but you're missing a lot of unique weapons. Plus I think this is based on frequency of encounter as well as viability in a mission. HVR is definitely A tier, but not S tier.

53 minutes ago, moneychixx said:

You out of your mind ? HVR in S...

34 minutes ago, Nevv said:

>HVR B-tier

*giggle image*

hvr is one of those that I had a difficult time placing between either A or B since it's been banned and replaced entirely in scrims by the OBIR or scout, both of which do the job better across the board

the gun itself isn't really that good nor does it fill a "good" area in the game meta by itself

simple concept really, if i drive up to you with any of the guns on that list i am more than likely winning that fight, barring secondaries. hvr would be considered "good" if you complimented it with a secondary beforehand, else it's the ideal equivalent to baiting.

that's the thinking I had placing it in B

is it balanced? hell no

is it amazing godtier like ntec? not really, I don't tend to see people running around aping with it in asylum or baylan like I would with ntec or oca

i'll start to note down that people disagree with the placement for the future though

Edited by sidezz

2 minutes ago, sidezz said:

hvr is one of those that I had a difficult time placing between either A or B since it's been banned and replaced entirely in scrims by the OBIR or scout

is it amazing godtier like ntec? not really, I don't tend to see people running around aping with it in asylum or baylan like I would with ntec or oca

That's quite the tight niche then. Scrims don't compose the majority of missions, and random opposition could care less about banning

Feels like the HVR would definitely shine in a mission setting compared to uncoordinated FC bouts

6 minutes ago, sidezz said:

if i drive up to you with any of the guns on that list i am more than likely winning that fight, barring secondaries. hvr would be considered "good" if you complimented it with a secondary beforehand, else it's the ideal equivalent to baiting.

Well in what world would you not have a secondary lol

Also, in what world would you drive up to someone with just an HVR

Prob should've stated all these restrictions to environment and loadout beforehand 😐

9 minutes ago, Nevv said:

That's quite the tight niche then. Scrims don't compose the majority of missions, and random opposition could care less about banning

Feels like the HVR would definitely shine in a mission setting compared to uncoordinated FC bouts

Well in what world would you not have a secondary lol

Also, in what world would you drive up to someone with just an HVR

Prob should've stated all these restrictions to environment and loadout beforehand 😐

the scrim mention was just an example but you're making fair points here and I have the basis on what the listing was founded on, but i'm really trying to get around the awkward wording but here's my thinking behind it all

i'll probably put this in the op, i definitely cut corners on this one though so I'm not expecting happy posts on this

this is why I said it's a pretty opinionated list:

• my experience against it any X scenario
  • my experience with it in any X scenario
  • mission effectiveness rate
  • fc effectiveness rate (independent), again you make a great mention saying it's not really too comparable to a mission district
  • flexability - viability in any X scenario(s)
  • consistency
  • usage rate
    • ease of use is not factored in
    • assume all examples of play are top tier however, not perfect because then it'd be all about minimum ttk

side note and I brought this up with someone a bit earlier, but due to the complexity of situational randomness and effectiveness of loadouts in the game which are dependent on said variables would make any one generic tier list ridiculous to go off

personally a 'loadout tier list'  wouldve made more sense but i'm way too lazy for all that

Edited by sidezz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, swft said:

Who needs Hunting Sight 3 on N-tec amirite? LOL

Well... A lot of people is seen using this combo on N-TEC.
The Every player ever Build: IR3 + HS3 + MS or IR3 + HS3 + Tagger

3 hours ago, Maverick13 said:

Well... A lot of people is seen using this combo on N-TEC.
The Every player ever Build: IR3 + HS3 + MS or IR3 + HS3 + Tagger

if it makes you feel better, i ran this

eXn4SL2.png

Edited by sidezz
  • Like 1

HVR isn't s tier? cmon guys. Do i really need to remind everyone what 3 point sling does?

3 hours ago, sidezz said:

eXn4SL2.png

Doing quick switches with the N tec? :classic_ninja:

Figured HVR threat alone would put it at a-tier if not s-tier for group vs group. So I don't scrim but why is it banned? Is it the only banned weapon? I get 1on1 or general solo dps it would lose to obir/scout, but it's strength is it's control in the first place not it's 1 man army potential.

Also seems odd to put it on the same tier as dmr, which is a niche among niche roles and would seem to almost be a more location counter than a general use/suppression weapon like the hvr.

My Opinion on the current state.

S Tier: OCA, NTEC-5, OBIR, OSCAR 

A Tier: CSG, PMG, Carbine, CR762, ATAC, HVR

B Tier: DMR-SD, ACES Short, ACES Long, JG, Scout, SHAW

C Tier: NSSW, COBR-A, Tommygun, NFAS, STAR

NHVR is a very good gun but due to the previous nerfs to quickswitching i do not think it deserves to be on TOP since u can easily quickswitch with an obir and get more value of the gun in general.

To quickswitch currently with the NHVR you'd have a higher TTK then most other guns in the game.

Edited by Etsukoo

they should just reverse what they did to my precious alig completely

10 hours ago, sidezz said:

eXn4SL2.png

Thanks mate for standing out of the crowd with this build... My hope on N-TEC users is restored.

3 hours ago, Etsukoo said:

My Opinion on the current state.

S Tier: OCA, NTEC-5, OBIR, OSCAR 

A Tier: CSG, PMG, Carbine, CR762, ATAC, HVR

B Tier: DMR-SD, ACES Short, ACES Long, JG, Scout, SHAW

C Tier: NSSW, COBR-A, Tommygun, NFAS, STAR

NHVR is a very good gun but due to the previous nerfs to quickswitching i do not think it deserves to be on TOP since u can easily quickswitch with an obir and get more value of the gun in general.

To quickswitch currently with the NHVR you'd have a higher TTK then most other guns in the game.

4 hours ago, Lign said:

I feel like it's more accurate

*snip*

respectable and understandable statements, I personally wouldn't find obir to be S tier for a few reasons involving mobility, commitment per shot and that type of deal personally but I respect the listing on these posts

2 hours ago, Maverick13 said:

Thanks mate for standing out of the crowd with this build... My hope on N-TEC users is restored.

just worked better for me in asylum and financial

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidezz said:

just worked better for me in asylum and financial

Well, I forgot to mention, I use my Obeya SLR with the Following: Improved Rifling 3 + Bandolier 3 + Mobility Sling. Just works fine for me.

On 5/26/2018 at 3:45 PM, sidezz said:

VxyzaVW.png

Reveal hidden contents

S Tier: OCA, NTEC-5
A Tier: CSG, PMG, Carbine, Scout, CR762, OSCAR (S-A Tier)
B Tier: DMR-SD, ATAC, ACES Short, ACES Long, HVR, JG, OBIR (essentially the same function as HVR)
C Tier: NSSW, COBR-A, Tommygun, NFAS, SHAW, STAR (LCR would be B-C Tier)

I approve of this message. 

The Fact that Every Single gun have it's own situation and it's own use for it 

you really cannot compare them like that