Beastie

Weapon Balance OTW Tweaks - E Testing Values

5 minutes ago, TackoGirl said:

kampington

283407751282163712.png?v=1

Then how about suggesting a way to fix it.. instead? All you do is say "no, I don't like it!"..
The way IR is now will give you an advantage with no real downside. And if you claim there is a downside to using IR3 on the ntec... boy! You gotta wake up.

We might as well just remove IR :^) Edited by Tobii

sorry i mean Kempington :'D

I do not know any solution, but that's not my job.
I find the solution with the mod crappy, but we'll see I can not do anything about it anyway, except cry 

• Like 1

Just now, TackoGirl said:

sorry i mean Kempington :'D

I do not know any solution, but that's not my job.
I find the solution with the mod crappy, but we'll see I can not do anything about it anyway, except cry 

You can voice what you think is bad about it, or what you feel like they should do.

The current changes are not final, and they should be tweaked more for sure.
I am not seeing the problem with lowering the ROF while improving range. But the ROF should prob be closer to 20% slower than 15%.

This is why we have OTW.. To test the changes before they go live.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tobii said:
283407751282163712.png?v=1

Then how about suggesting a way to fix it.. instead? All you do is say "no, I don't like it!"..
The way IR is now will give you an advantage with no real downside. And if you claim there is a downside to using IR3 on the ntec... boy! You gotta wake up.

We might as well just remove IR :^)
Hey I wouldn't be against removing IR!  It's seeming like a big issue to balance right now and I would be interested to see what would happen if guns were stuck to their ranges.  Then again APB's locations are so varied that having a gun bleed out of it's range is actually useful since it's hard to cover a lot of ranges in random teams.  Game balance is hard.  Glad I'm not in charge.  I would just delete the HVR and pat myself on the back for making the best change ever done in video game history!  😛😛😛😛
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mercuie said:
Hey I wouldn't be against removing IR!  It's seeming like a big issue to balance right now and I would be interested to see what would happen if guns were stuck to their ranges.  Then again APB's locations are so varied that having a gun bleed out of it's range is actually useful since it's hard to cover a lot of ranges in random teams.  Game balance is hard.  Glad I'm not in charge.  I would just delete the HVR and pat myself on the back for making the best change ever done in video game history!  😛😛😛😛
I say we remove all but one gun, and make that gun 3 shot at all ranges and always accurate.
This means it will be all about skills! And no weapon imbalance or RNG!

Glad we all agree. :^) Edited by Tobii
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TackoGirl said:

yes, that's an advantage, an advantage with fatal consequences.
so many people do not like the ak because it is "op" and with the new mod you do even more damage in the distance.
and the -15% rate of fire falls away at the single shot.
so you make more dmg on range with no loss becouse of singelshot. Look kampington stream. This this mod is so broke

That is true, considering N-TECs aren't shot at max fire rate, the IR nerf might just make it easier while buffing the range even further.

Imo a firerate nerf with the current ranges would be fine, no need for a range buff.
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, GhosT said:

That is true, considering N-TECs aren't shot at max fire rate, the IR nerf might just make it easier while buffing the range even further.

Imo a firerate nerf with the current ranges would be fine, no need for a range buff.
My personal fear is that the range increase along with the fire rate reduction will turn N-TEC into a mid-long range full auto laserbeam rivaling the Obeya/OBIR.

And well, I agree with the general sentiment that the previous downside was literally nonexistent, *nobody* fired IR weapons full auto.

8 minutes ago, Rikard86 said:

mid-long range full auto laserbeam

Even with slower ROF, you can't just full auto the gun.
You still have to either burst or tap fire.
Just like the current ntec with IR3

12 minutes ago, Rikard86 said:
My personal fear is that the range increase along with the fire rate reduction will turn N-TEC into a mid-long range full auto laserbeam rivaling the Obeya/OBIR.

And well, I agree with the general sentiment that the previous downside was literally nonexistent, *nobody* fired IR weapons full auto.

The way IR works right now in the test servers is pretty much a buff to the N-TEC, and a nerf to almost all the other weapons.
If anything, the N-TEC needs a nerf, not a buff.

9 minutes ago, GhosT said:

and a nerf to almost all the other weapons.

How so? I've tested it with quite a few weapons and only seen actually being "bad" on a handful.

Now weapons like Obeya rifle will be even worse in CQC/Mid-range, dont you guys see the problem? Ntec will be the weapon to go with since it'll be much easier to land the shots in many situations. AND also, basically due to nerfing IR, close range weapons will be used more like OCA, shotguns etc. HVR also got nerfed wich is fine, but with the current Anubis for instance is still bad. Why would people use long range?

On 8/7/2018 at 4:14 PM, Reyku said:
Oh, silly me.

Thanks, lol
All good <3

25 minutes ago, Tobii said:
36 minutes ago, GhosT said:

and a nerf to almost all the other weapons.

How so? I've tested it with quite a few weapons and only seen actually being "bad" on a handful.

Sniper rifles and marksman rifles, for example. 

1 minute ago, GhosT said:

Sniper rifles and marksman rifles, for example. 
Obeya is as slow as if you were to shoot at the same rate you would to not miss on range.
E.g. if you get perfect ROF with the IR3 changes it still be accurate with every shot and not bloom.

Unsure how that's a bad thing? Yes, the TTK is upped, but so is it for the other guns that want to sacrifice ROF for range.

5 minutes ago, Tobii said:
Obeya is as slow as if you were to shoot at the same rate you would to not miss on range.
E.g. if you get perfect ROF with the IR3 changes it still be accurate with every shot and not bloom.

Unsure how that's a bad thing? Yes, the TTK is upped, but so is it for the other guns that want to sacrifice ROF for range.

Fire rate reduction isn't a bad thing, but the increased range is. 7m at IR3 is fine as is.

12 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Fire rate reduction isn't a bad thing, but the increased range is. 7m at IR3 is fine as is.
Well yea, the 12 is too much for sure.

Lots of warping on the test server today.
Not sure if it needs a thread though.

On 8/7/2018 at 1:11 AM, LO_Beastie said:

CSG - Test E: Added 5m to the effective and minimum range (15m effective, 25m min) from the C stats.

The consistency is good, but I believe that 15m is a bit much, and I'd suggest making it 12m effective, and 22m min range. Came up with these values after seeing how effective it is on OTW, and after discussing it with @Tobii, who was kind enough to provide some really good illustrations for the damage drop-off.

5 hours ago, FluttershyI said:

Now weapons like Obeya rifle will be even worse in CQC/Mid-range, dont you guys see the problem? Ntec will be the weapon to go with since it'll be much easier to land the shots in many situations. AND also, basically due to nerfing IR, close range weapons will be used more like OCA, shotguns etc. HVR also got nerfed wich is fine, but with the current Anubis for instance is still bad. Why would people use long range?

honestly...i never put IR3 in my obeya... only CJ3
5 tap minimum on midrange and the ntec is dead

After doing some testing on various weapons on the OTW server I can say that I'm very happy with the new improved rifling mod over the one that is currently in the live version of the game. It's a very good balance for it and I had no issues at all with the guns I tested it on. I think the changes to it are in a perfect spot as they are and I can't wait to see this implemented into the live version of the game 🙂 APB has needed some balance for a while now and I think the current balancing out of this mod is a much needed change and improvement to the game. Thank you @LO_Beastie for the amazing improvements 🙂 It's nice to see this mod is no longer unbalanced and is now in a good spot 😄

Ntec Is still good. Close range spray is a bit slower but its normal and still pretty good. Also if you put cooling jacket 2 on an ntec it shoots like an oca. Just wanted everyone to know that. The accuracy is almost the same but the speed you can shoot at is insane. Don't know whether this is a bug or is it like that on live.

So, you're going to nerf the NTEC right? Because if you don't, there's going to be no reason to use any other weapon with the Improved Rifling changes.

Finally had a bit of testing! Imma write 2 lines for each weapon I've tried 😛

Oblivion is now SCARY. Mobility Sling makes this weapon really strong because you're perfectly accurate on the move (you actually get MORE accuracy when moving lol), so you can wasdance and be a harder target to your opponent should you not have a cover. Also jumpshoting is definetely a thing with this weapon lmao, it's so damn accurate. Probably better than Scout.

I'M IN LOVE WITH ANUBIS! You guys did such a good job at making it feel a reliable sniper and not a meme RNG cannon, I'm really happy about how it turned out! Tighther crosshair that turns red when aiming at opponents just makes it soo much more accurate. Also CJ3 has no downsides on it apparently, especially when firing at max RoF, so yeah it's probbly going to be not just viable but a legit scary sniper now.

Showstopper thunder is very cool and fine. Fresh design, cool weapon silhouette and pretty strong as well. Spread is very tight even when you jump and I love it 🙂

SBSR still feels underwhelming. I main DMR and all I can say about SBSR is that it feels like a meme version of DMR. You should be creative and give the weapon another niche, right now SBSR suffers from flawed design that prevents it from being used over other snipers, especially in OTW patch state.

The new IR3 gives probably too much of a buff to certain weapons (especially RFP Fang and other burst weapons), while on the other hand there are some weapons that really benefit from it without becoming broken. It's kind of a mixed bag for this one, I personally need more testing (aka being bullshitted by Fang a couple more times) before making an actual statement about it. The idea is fine itself, stats are a bit wonky. It either gives too much range or doesnt slow fire rate enough to compensate.

For the love of god, fix LCR. Some changes were made in order to make it look decent but I think we're still very far from a good result. The weapon was already bad before the IR3 twist, now it just feels helpless. You feel out-TTKd by any freakin weapon and it's so sad tbh 😞 Either buff STK to 4, giving it like 255 damage so it becomes 5 STK very quickly if u miss, or just find out some way. LCR lives matter 😞 

NTEC needs a nerf tbh. It's now even more effective than before. My advice is remove that disgusting weapon already and just stick with STAR and other ARs. OSCAR is on the same boat, they were borderline broken before the new IR3 but now they're just insane. Lowering their effective range would probably be the best thing to do imo.

All in all I'm very excited for these changes, I'll probably buy another Anubis for my criminal and maybe even the Oblivion pack, who knows. Keep it up guys, you're doing a great job 🙂 

(In regards to Hexerin's post, since someone posted between us.)
The problem then is you're nerfing weapons around the mods, which is not good. Honestly I'd probably say the effects of most mods should be reduced, and base weapons should be brought into line disregarding mods.

If this somehow ended up being something I could control (which is likely a terrible idea), I would probably remove mod ranks entirely, and just have one version for each, with a power level, probably roughly around the level 2 mods. CJ would be 5%, IR would be 5m, etc, and then simply spend time increasing the available variety of mods, rather than trying to strike a balance between multiple levels of the same thing.

Edited by Syfurion

42 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
(vid)

So, you're going to nerf the NTEC right? Because if you don't, there's going to be no reason to use any other weapon with the Improved Rifling changes.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured was gonna happen, holy crap.