Beastie

Weapon Balance OTW Tweaks - E Testing Values

I`d say Improve Rifling need no touch and instead try to rework on Heavy Barrel , almost no1 use it...

56 minutes ago, xSagittiSx said:

Ntec with this ir3 is BROKEN
https://clips.twitch.tv/SmoothCoweringArtichokeDxCat
I think the -9/-15/-21% fire rate/burst interval reduction with the +3/+5/+7m range increase was perfect. At least make it +3/+5/+7m with -5/-10/-15%. Ir3 deasn't need any more range increase than +7m.

I wouldn't say broken, but certainly unbalanced. I also felt that -9/-15/21% were a much better drawback, but it seemed like alot of people dismissed that before even testing it or actually calculating the differences. I'm even fine to give it more range, but then it would need an even bigger drawback.

I still think it would be more suitable with a percentage increase for the range instead, with my suggestion being 10/15/20%. At the moment I feel like it would be best to not change Improved Rifling for this patch, and do a bigger balancing pass on mods for the next patch instead.
  • Like 2

I'm actually super excited about the attention given to the LCR.
But it brings up another question. Since the LCR is getting attention before so many others when it isn't even available anymore, does this mean that there's plans to bring them back to Armas?
I accidentally deleted my Old Glory while cleaning out like 48 pages of 3 day guns that built up over the course of 7 years and from what I've gathered support can't re-send guns to me unless there's an Armas entry for them, or something,

Anyway between the LCR update I'm actually liking the sound of those Improved Rifling changes so far

Uh, I don't see anything posted on the forums about server maintenance, but the OTW server seems to be down for me.

EDIT: nevermind it fixed itself.

Edited by notHunky

The range on IR seems way too much.  This easily pushes AR's into Rifle range with less drawbacks.  Why would I use an OBIR or Obeya when I could just equip an AR with IR3 and still perform nearly as well in the closer ranges while gaining a MASSIVE improvement in my 50-70 ranges.

Edited by Mercuie

I wanted to test the shotguns some more but a lightning storm made me cut the session short. Here’s what I found so far in controlled testing against stationary targets:

• The CSG with IR3 was able to consistently kill with 3 shots at around 25 meters, but I wasn’t able to test performance beyond that range. I was able to get two shot kills at a whopping 15 meters.
  • The Shredder was able to consistently kill within 3 shots both with and without IR3 at 25 meters. Anywhere past that point starts requiring more shots to kill regardless of if IR3 is being used or not. CJ3 reduced the 3 shot kill range to around 20~22ish meters due to increased spread, but holy cow that fire rate buff shows on it. (If the ranges get reduced again, I hope the fire rate will at least stay like it is now)
I haven’t had a chance to try out actual gameplay yet to see how practical these are though, but I imagine the CSG is going to be a bit broken when used in conjunction with vehicles to close the gap.

nvm

btw, nice crosshair changes to the anubis... but it still needs a little more tweaking... just the time it takes to get accurate.. it should be snappier for what it's supposed to be - a mobile version of the DMR.

Edited by Snubnose

Seriously, stop messing with IR. It didn't need a change,

• Like 2

19 hours ago, foolish ninja said:

IR reducing fire rate is perfect. It focuses the weapon on long range and reduces its CQB effectiveness. Its perfect
What I would suggest is to reduce it to  4m- 7m- 10m.
The fire rate nerf is okay at 5%-10%-15%.

Off Topic:

A slight buff to cooling jacket would be appreciated
It has more downsides than upsides for lots of weapons.

Why buff it?
You got more upsides than downsides.
Since several rifles/assault rifles have their crosshair recovery linked to rof, cooling jacket acts kind of like heavy barrel. Every tapfire weapon gains an advantage out of this, snipers never saw any part of its downside while only shotguns turned out to be incredibly useless with it.

9 hours ago, 悲しい春 said:

My take on this testing:
CSG definitely needs some range nerf, too strong.
JG is gonna wreck in CQC, especially with CJ3
COBR-A is actually a viable gun now.
Guns that are mostly played with IR3 vary quite a bit. For example, the NSSW with IR3 can literally be sprayed hard at range, while tapped without. OBIR barely receives a fire rate penalty. Carbine is also very slightly affected, the OSCAR is also slightly affected (and I actually mean slightly). Obeya & NTEC got hit hard (not that theyre unplayable, people will just avoid using the mod tbh) with the IR3 changes. COBR-A 'seemed' stronger as well with IR3, didnt test this one properly though. I don't know what to say about these radical changes. I'm very neutral. On one side, they make some guns perform better some worse. I do think that tackling mods right now shouldn't be necessary. 
What I'd like to see:
-Removing the unecessary delay added on the Scout & OBIR that were added with the sprintshooting fix (Beastie confirmed they'll try tackling this)
-Reverting the old Ursus and Scoped NTEC changes (to actually make them good again)
-Reverting the unecessary OCA buff (its a laser right now)
-Lowering HVR damage to <750
Sadly, we won't see jumpshooting again, got confirmation on this as well. 😞

Reverting the ntec changes to make them good "again"?
NTEC never really suffered after the uh...what do you call it? Nerf? It's still very strong and considering thst seemingly every other assault rifle got nerfed along with it, NTEC can feel op because other assault rifles suffered more.

4 hours ago, Snubnose said:

show up on the admin tracker?

he already does.
8KVd6Pk.png
12 hours ago, 悲しい春 said:

-Reverting the unecessary OCA buff (its a laser right now)

Would not make it less of a "laser" since all that buff did was increase the ROF.
  Edited by Tobii
wrong person quoted.

Ok. So here's my opinion...
I think that IR is completely fine mod and it doesn't need any drawbacks because it works fine how it is now and there is no reason why to change it / nerf it. I personally think that you should also take in mind preseted guns that comes with IR3. For example Joker TAS20 - Stock which have preseted IR3 will be with that -15% fire rate completely useless in close fights, which i think shotgun should be superior in close range fights, but if this change would be implemented, all shotguns with preseted IR will be useless in close fight (which also means a lot wasted money for us, comm. for buying these guns from armas because they are now completely useless and pointless to use because any other shotgun without IR will destroy them / or SMG) and you will loose +70% of them. Which shouldn't be happening really.

Also there is a lot of guns that are based on IR (for example: Obeya CR762, OSCAR, Obir, FFA...) and this mod is that what makes the guns that they are. I mean they are very well balanced and effective now, but if you will implement the IR change, it will kill all of them because like i've said, they are based on this mod to not be useless and if these guns will obtain this slow fire rate downgrade from mod that is making them good, that will completely destroy them because they will be that slow that they will be no longer good for any range fight. Maybe only for Sniper range fights which is 65+ meters because you want to add extra +ranges for exchange of fire rate so that mean that they will be nearly effective (DMR's ok) as snipers because of that +very big range that they gonna deal full damage at.

I think that IR shouldn't be touched because its completely fine mode that have its use and potential. I personally would keep the mod as it is now because its also gonna have big impact on AR's. With IR3 on AR's you will be with +12m effective range able to completely destroy not only Rifles but also Snipers because AR's (N-tec, and its reskins / etc.) are all ready very good gun's overall and they will with this change gain a big buff that will effect gameplay massively and im not worried to say, completely destroy weapon balance.

Right now your doing very good job of fixing / buffing / nerfing guns that actually are broken / op or under-looked (because of their weak stats) but i really don't think that we have asked for this IR change and its really, really not needed. And if this is all because of shotguns ranges that they are able to 2-shot at big ranges than just tweak a shotguns a bit, but not the whole mode which will effect whole gameplay and nearly every gun in the game.

Thanks for reading this, and i hope that there are people who agree with me and this opinion will lead to something...
Regard's Boowy / Kazui.

Thanks for attention.

@LO_Beastie any estimate when the next changes will roll around?
  Edited by Tobii
word.

11 hours ago, Mercuie said:

The range on IR seems way too much.  This easily pushes AR's into Rifle range with less drawbacks.  Why would I use an OBIR or Obeya when I could just equip an AR with IR3 and still perform nearly as well in the closer ranges while gaining a MASSIVE improvement in my 50-70 ranges.

Even without the range increase, the N-TEC already makes the marksman rifles obsolete.

The firerate nerf is nice, but the range increase is not. At this point you're just buffing IR instead of nerfing it.

Regarding the IR3 change. The toned down RoF reduction is alright, and it made weapons like the LCR somewhat usable again along with RoF buff it received after how it performed with IR3 previously with the -21% RoF reduction. But range increase is way too much tbh. The old range values was already fine.

• Like 1

Matt Scott says he does not want to change all weapons and now each weapon is changed, I do not understand.

all Fixes that are okey:
Yukon: perfekt
N-TEC: if it has to
Ogre: I never had any problems with it
Oblivion and misery, H-9 Curese: Nice i like that
Cobra: perfekt
Anubis: niiiiceee
DMR: are okei
HVR: why not
but all other changes are senseless

why do you have to change the shotguns? all shotguns was perfect i never had any trouble playing with it.
why does rifling mod have to get -15% fire rate now? I can still use all storm rifles in close combat without this mod (they said that they wanted to prevent this).
I hope that stays in the test server.

• Like 1

forum crash, double post*

Edited by TackoGirl
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TackoGirl said:

Matt Scott says he does not want to change all weapons and now each weapon is changed, I do not understand.

all Fixes that are okey:
Yukon: perfekt
N-TEC: if it has to
Ogre: I never had any problems with it
Oblivion and misery, H-9 Curese: Nice i like that
Cobra: perfekt
Anubis: niiiiceee
DMR: are okei
HVR: why not
but all other changes are senseless

why do you have to change the shotguns? all shotguns was perfect i never had any trouble playing with it.
why does rifling mod have to get -15% fire rate now? I can still use all storm rifles in close combat without this mod (they said that they wanted to prevent this).
I hope that stays in the test server.

I agree with you 100%... Makes no sence nerfing IR
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Boowy said:
I agree with you 100%... Makes no sence nerfing IR

It makes absolute sense, it has literally no downside to it.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GhosT said:

but also no advantages, that's why it's pointless
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GhosT said:

And why should it have? It work 8 years fine and noone ever had problem with it. I will completely kill Rifles and make Ntec unstopable.
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Boowy said:
13 minutes ago, GhosT said:

And why should it have? It work 8 years fine and noone ever had problem with it. I will completely kill Rifles and make Ntec unstopable.
No? N-tec still works just fine... Just like all the other guns work just fine?
Personal opinion does make it true.
11 minutes ago, TackoGirl said:

How is extra range with no downside not an advantage...........

17 minutes ago, TackoGirl said:

It gives every weapon higher range (if you can still hit things at that range), so it's an advantage.

16 minutes ago, Boowy said:

Maybe because... it doesn't have a downside, while almost every other mod does?
It worked 8 years because GamersFirst didn't give a single f*ck about game health, balance and optimization.
  • Like 1

yes, that's an advantage, an advantage with fatal consequences.
so many people do not like the ak because it is "op" and with the new mod you do even more damage in the distance.
and the -15% rate of fire falls away at the single shot.
so you make more dmg on range with no loss becouse of singelshot. Look kampington stream. This this mod is so broke

• Like 1