TrashCan

Bicks & 8-Ball's need are NERF

I ran out of reactions so here's a bunch of spam for you all. 

3 hours ago, Puffdragon said:

No

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

i think your situational awareness needs a buff, since bricks are easily defeated by pressing a movement key

agreed-gif-5.gif

3 hours ago, AgentWatson said:
fnmod_character_flakjacket.png

85cccab3gw1etdt0k8d9zg20dw07tgxe.jpg

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

#nerfeverything

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, Spherii said:

When you get killed by a brick or any equivalent, you got styled on.
Atleast that's what I tell myself should I die by one.

-i-love-this-post.png

34 minutes ago, scaredofsnakes said:

Like literally the easiest thing in the game to avoid, literally press a movement key.

i-love-this-dqti4u.jpg

I think someone just got killed more than once in a row with a brick and wants to vent. We need a forum just for that where the devs just hand out gold stars for each "suggestion" but ultimately ignore everything. Edited by KnifuWaifu
too many gifs? the uploader gave up on me
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davess said:
3 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:
did you just join APB ?
TrashCan
Members
15 posts
Joined Jul 2018
If so why are you trying to tamper with everything?
Either way "git gud"
Can't even be bothered to move out of the way rofl wow Keep annoying me with you wanting to nerf everything and I'll nerf your face with a OSMAW...

First you did other threads now this one...

To be fair post count or joined date have no correlation with how long you have been playing apb; but someone lock this thread because this dude deserves a timeout
Exactly. That is why I ask.
He is posting thread after thread wanting to  nerf any little thing and contradicting him self regularly on those threads and is known for trolling in a dump truck hence my saltiness towards him.

3 hours ago, Similarities said:

who stole this man's chromosome

Who stole yours?  You have not even given one argument why it is are bad idea to NERF this 1 hit Bricks? 

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:
Exactly. That is why I ask.
He is posting thread after thread wanting to  nerf any little thing and contradicting him self regularly on those threads and is known for trolling in a dump truck hence my saltiness towards him.

That is a complete lie! You claim something and can not even prove it.

6 hours ago, TrashCan said:
Kempington, Dopefish and Co manipulate the game for year and what happend? the game drop fast to nothing! and it will happend again!!!

To nerf Hvr is OKAY! to nerf Remote detonatior is okay to make are nonsense shotgun balance is ofc okay what is next? nerf osmaw??
Technically by your logic the OSMAW would require a nerf too. Its one hit kill on all ranges. (Brick only after about 20m I believe) and the rocket also does not drop down over time making it easier to hit targets.

5 minutes ago, Speedz said:
6 hours ago, TrashCan said:
Kempington, Dopefish and Co manipulate the game for year and what happend? the game drop fast to nothing! and it will happend again!!!

To nerf Hvr is OKAY! to nerf Remote detonatior is okay to make are nonsense shotgun balance is ofc okay what is next? nerf osmaw??
Technically by your logic the OSMAW would require a nerf too. Its one hit kill on all ranges. (Brick only after about 20m I believe) and the rocket also does not drop down over time making it easier to hit targets.

I'm sure they will NERF OSMAW and Low-Yield Frag because Kempington's and his Fanboys can not handle it.  And this type of logic will be destroy this game to zero fun-factor.

next in the list
"Golds are too op"
please nerf golds by 85% dmg and make them have 50% hp please!
and buff nronze too weak make them deal 25% more dmg and have 150% hp
ty

2 hours ago, TrashCan said:

That is a complete lie! You claim something and can not even prove it.
I'll record it next time as for the threads anyone can look at the forums and see that you're going out of your way.

2 hours ago, TrashCan said:

I'm sure they will NERF OSMAW and Low-Yield Frag because Kempington's and his Fanboys can not handle it.  And this type of logic will be destroy this game to zero fun-factor.
I mean.. I simply applied your logic here.

52 minutes ago, Speedz said:
3 hours ago, TrashCan said:

I mean.. I simply applied your logic here.

and what do you think is not logical? 

10 hours ago, TrashCan said:

there we are the kempington fanboys are here as i suspected
Kemp's a loser though.

Sidenote, brick's fine. If you just learn not to run into the lead-up path someone throws it at you'll be fine.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, TrashCan said:

Bicks & 8-Ball's are OP as hell and is super easy to use! I mean not even HVR is so OP! in my opinion need Bricks and 8 Balls nerf to 85 damage. 

Ha ha ha no.

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:
I'll record it next time as for the threads anyone can look at the forums and see that you're going out of your way.

I did not contradict myself i just try to find a solution and I found one but that does not interest anyone 

32 minutes ago, TrashCan said:

I think that should be obvious by now.

14 minutes ago, Speedz said:
47 minutes ago, TrashCan said:

I think that should be obvious by now.
This was irony... but you will see they will Nerf the OSMAW but not the Bricks and it does not matter in which range the weapons kill One Hit is One Hit

33 minutes ago, TrashCan said:

I did not contradict myself i just try to find a solution and I found one but that does not interest anyone 

saying "nerf 8ball and brick because they 1 shot" is not a solution nor a problem
they are hard to use and you have to be lucky to get kills with them

4 minutes ago, Ebola-Chan said:

saying "nerf 8ball and brick because they 1 shot" is not a solution nor a problem
they are hard to use and you have to be lucky to get kills with them
you misunderstood something he talking about my other thread

I think OP is more upset by kemp breaking him rather than the brick/8ball itself....

45 minutes ago, TrashCan said:

they will Nerf the OSMAW but not the Bricks and it does not matter in which range the weapons kill One Hit is One Hit

You are either misunderstanding or misrepresenting the issue.

The OSMAW is an explosive-type weapon with four rockets in the reserve, capable of dealing very heavy damage in a wide radius anywhere it hits. It will take out many cars with just one rocket, and the more tanky ones will be brought down to critical health, effectively disabling them from being used any further (not counting scenarios where a Blowtorch or a gas station repair is supplied almost immediately after tanking the rocket).

The Half-Brick and the 8-Ball are throwable weapons which do not have even nearly the same stopping power as the OSMAW. By exchanging your frag/concussion/percussion grenades for those throwables, you immediately surrender your ability to deal any serious damage to vehicles. Similarly, your capability of flushing out enemies camping in corridors is effectively gone, since you have no area-of-effect attack. These throwables are only effective if and only if you can score a direct hit on your target. Grenades allow you to attack an area; throwable objects allow you to deliver a precise hit. And, as BXNNXD said before, their entire power is easily nullified by dodging their flight path.

One of them impacts an area and is capable of stopping entire groups. The other is only viable against singular targets which happen to be unlucky enough to intersect the brick/ball's trajectory.
Do you see the difference?

Of course, I don't expect you to react to my post as one would in an argument. You are not here to bring out your point of view - you want to be told that you're right, no matter how wrong your assumptions are. The smoking gun to this is the fact that you dismissed all defense of the Half-Bricks and 8-Balls being balanced as coming from "Kempington's fanboys". Which is silly in itself, considering how Kempington does not hold a monopoly on using these weapons.

Since they are a direct trade-off of versatile AoE damage for an unusual projectile-based instant K.O. attack, from an objective standpoint, the Half-Brick and the 8-Ball are perfectly balanced.

Edited by MartinPL
BXNNXD's post is before (page 1), not above (page 2) :V

Out of interest, how would you nerf them to 85% damage?

Bricks and 8 balls have ramp up damage. The longer they fly, the more damage they do, up to a maximum of 2000 player damage and 400 hard damage (against vehicles).

For reference, without Kevlar or flak jacket, bricks can one shot at 20m, 8 balls one shot at 27m.
They achieve their max damage at 40m/54m

The furthest I could throw and get a confirmed kill with them (on flat ground) is 125m with a brick and 180m with an 8 ball.

So, when you say 85% damage, do you mean at their current kill range or their max damage range?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kempington said:

Out of interest, how would you nerf them to 85% damage?

Bricks and 8 balls have ramp up damage. The longer they fly, the more damage they do, up to a maximum of 2000 player damage and 400 hard damage (against vehicles).

For reference, without Kevlar or flak jacket, bricks can one shot at 20m, 8 balls one shot at 27m.
They achieve their max damage at 40m/54m

The furthest I could throw and get a confirmed kill with them (on flat ground) is 125m with a brick and 180m with an 8 ball.

So, when you say 85% damage, do you mean at their current kill range or their max damage range?

I doubt OP can u derstand you right now

5 hours ago, TrashCan said:

OSMAW sucks, but nobody better touch my low-yields. I cant imagine solo play without them.