Sign in to follow this  
Jormungandrr

Color codes

Hello,

I've been trying to make a camouflage pattern as close to the real life equivalent as possible however I have found this to be near impossible due to the color codes, they don't seem to correspond with any standard outside of APB. Can anyone help me out with finding out if APB uses any external standard (and if so, which)?

Best Regards,
Korpralen

hsl color codes iirc, there’s tons of colors you just can’t get unless you mess around with opacity 

2 hours ago, Korpralen said:

Hello,

I've been trying to make a camouflage pattern as close to the real life equivalent as possible however I have found this to be near impossible due to the color codes, they don't seem to correspond with any standard outside of APB. Can anyone help me out with finding out if APB uses any external standard (and if so, which)?

Best Regards,
Korpralen

Here you go. It's a colour converter.

By definition APB uses a condensed HSL system with 4096 unique values for color (out of the standard 3.6 million colours that normal HSL enjoys). So there will be colour loss due to this. But it's the best anyone can do
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, SKay said:

By definition APB uses a condensed HSL system with 4096 unique values for color (out of the standard 3.6 million colours that normal HSL enjoys). So there will be colour loss due to this. But it's the best anyone can do

That is a nice little site.

Generally if I found a color I wanted I would open it in MS paint and use the color picker tool, select the color and then go to "edit color." You will see the values there. Then in order to convert it to APB colors, you'd divide the numbers by the following:

H/7.74

S/34.3

L/16

You might have to play around a little bit/round some numbers with the final result but it is pretty close. 
  Edited by LaQuandra
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, SKay said:

Thank you very much this is exactly what I was looking for.

Sign in to follow this