14 replies to this topic

fe-player

fe-player

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 21-May 13
Hello everybody

As the title says, i'm trying to find out if it's possible, to get the name of a Sector just from the X/Y Coordinates. Is there a table or something with Coordinate Ranges? Googled alot, but can't find it out.

For example: I only receive the X and Y Coordinate Numbers, but not the Sector Name itself, that's why i need to find it out programmatically.

thanks for reading!

apOstaJI

apOstaJI

Conscript

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Joined 16-August 11
Someone wants to make "Follow Script"? xD

/OD

RowdyRonny

RowdyRonny

Elite

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11
Ok, this is how it looks to us :

* It's your first post, which is a dead giveaway that you are a fake account of someone planning actions that will result in repeat lifetime bans for you and people you will sell your software too.

* The local area name is shown on screen above radar. Besides that everyone human player (not the bots) can press M and instantly see what region they are in unless they are in instances, but they can then click overhead off. So there is no apparent need for UI enhancement that tells you where you are.

* Only the UI may be changed, you are NOT allowed to alter anything outside the "skins" folder.

PS: It is NOT allowed to use 3rd party software. Please read the ToS and CoC, then rethink if what you are planning is allowed.
Posted Image

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • 1677 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12
lol sounds like someone wants to bot the tannersfield ap race :lol:

oum60z.png

Love me or hate me. I am flattered to make the minds of so many.

Thigh RFDC

Thigh RFDC

Novice

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

Hello everybody

As the title says, i'm trying to find out if it's possible, to get the name of a Sector just from the X/Y Coordinates. Is there a table or something with Coordinate Ranges? Googled alot, but can't find it out.

For example: I only receive the X and Y Coordinate Numbers, but not the Sector Name itself, that's why i need to find it out programmatically.

thanks for reading!

You guys are paranoid. I can think of lots of non-prohibited reasons this would be useful. For example, a waypoints repository (on a website) that automatically shows the sector a particular waypoint is in, for easy sorting.

To the original poster: I would suggest pulling up the main "Grand Canyon Province" map, in-game, then tracing your mouse cursor around the borders of the different sectors, right-clicking at pertinent points to get the coordinates. The whole map exists on one plane, arranged from 0,0 (SW corner) to something like 8 million x 8 million (NE corner).

Assuming you're using this in a way that's consistent with the CoC and EULA, let me know if you have any other questions.

P.S. Before you guys reply, "Well if he wasn't writing a UI Mod, he shouldn't have posted it in this forum," notice that there *is* no forum here for the above question. The Technical forum says it's for "problems installing the game."

Edited by Thigh RFDC, 26 May 2013 - 05:19 PM.

fe-player

fe-player

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 21-May 13
oh boy. i'm just making a little website where i collect useful waypoints. i wanted to calculate the region so the user doesn't have to select the sector when he adds a new waypoint.

i'll check this idea thigh, thanks

Edited by fe-player, 26 May 2013 - 10:23 PM.

RowdyRonny

RowdyRonny

Elite

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

oh boy. i'm just making a little website where i collect useful waypoints. i wanted to calculate the region so the user doesn't have to select the sector when he adds a new waypoint.

i'll check this idea thigh, thanks

Ok... why don't you say so? If you are a programmer, you should have some kind of analytical mind. But let's assume you don't have that but program websites anyways. O.o

Put your toon in the corners of the Sectors. Or if you can't just offer a hug or some chips to a level 55 player. Explain them why you would like to do that maybe they voulonteer for free.

Also, check for the Fast Travel post and calcualte a "closest to FT point X" as that is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more usefull than knowing which waypoint is in what Sector.

Edited by RowdyRonny, 26 May 2013 - 11:29 PM.

Posted Image

fe-player

fe-player

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 21-May 13

Ok... why don't you say so? If you are a programmer, you should have some kind of analytical mind. But let's assume you don't have that but program websites anyways. O.o

i didn't say so 'cause it was irrelevant to my question.

i asked here because i thought i have overseen something while googling. forums are here to ask for help. and yes i posted it here because it does not fit in the other forums i guess. of course i have thougth about the x-y system on the map before. but this includes a lot of work if you have to do it this way, in fact i won't do it this way. and if you're at a certain age, you know time is money.

and no i don't want to know the next FT.

Edited by fe-player, 27 May 2013 - 12:00 AM.

RowdyRonny

RowdyRonny

Elite

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

i didn't say so 'cause it was irrelevant to my question.

i asked here because i thought i have overseen something while googling. forums are here to ask for help. and yes i posted it here because it does not fit in the other forums i guess. of course i have thougth about the x-y system on the map before. but this includes a lot of work if you have to do it this way, in fact i won't do it this way. and if you're at a certain age, you know time is money.

Sharing your project goals might make others help you as they might have common goals, like when I'm ingame and team up to do quests.

I know, right. And if you are a certain age, you know that there is more than just kids, people can be old and stupid too! ;)

PS: This post belongs most in "Sparks in the Ashes" as you create a website with FE content which does not even come close to the UI.
Posted Image

fe-player

fe-player

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 21-May 13
i'm glad we discussed every aspect of it. and ye feel free to move it to that "sparks and ashes" forum if it really fits better there.

i'll check tonight if or how i'll implement this. further i'll post the result then here so you all should be able to take advantage of it.

(excuse my english...)

Thigh RFDC

Thigh RFDC

Novice

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

i'm glad we discussed every aspect of it. and ye feel free to move it to that "sparks and ashes" forum if it really fits better there.

i'll check tonight if or how i'll implement this. further i'll post the result then here so you all should be able to take advantage of it.

(excuse my english...)

What language are you using? Javascript? PHP? And what you want is, when the user enters a waypoint, you want it to spit out the Sector, right? I could do that in about 2 hours.

Follow my original suggestion. Come up with a "box" for each sector, which equals the range of x/y values for that sector. If the user input falls into one of those "boxes", presto. Even if the sectors aren't "square" enough for a box to work, you could do it with multiple boxes.

RowdyRonny

RowdyRonny

Elite

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

(excuse my english...)

I do apreciate if you share it with the community. You'll see a lot will pop up and help to complete or enhance your project.
Posted Image

fe-player

fe-player

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 21-May 13
@Thigh: php, mysql, js just for a fancy ui. and yea, i'll check those corners. i also think that's the easiest way as far as i can tell til now.

6 hours to go... laters

Edited by fe-player, 27 May 2013 - 02:53 AM.

fe-player

fe-player

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 21-May 13
good day again

found the time to check it out. let's see:

I wrote down the Coords from Sector 1 Corners.

Left Top: X 3327883 Y 5009406
Right Top: X 5420040 Y 5007408
Left Bottom: X 3333874 Y 2919248
Right Bottom: X 5420040 Y 2917250

Now for example, see this Coord from Sector 2, it also could be in Sector 1**:
X 4500800 Y 5169950 (it's Lance Hall in Haven)

** guess i made a mistake. looking further into it...

Edited by fe-player, 29 May 2013 - 06:37 AM.

Thigh RFDC

Thigh RFDC

Novice

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

Now for example, see this Coord from Sector 2, it also could be in Sector 1**:
X 4500800 Y 5169950 (it's Lance Hall in Haven)

** guess i made a mistake. looking further into it...

If you pull up the "Grand Canyon Province" map, it shows all the sectors at once. You can see from there that they do not overlap.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users