• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Thigh RFDC

Thigh RFDC

Novice

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13
Here is a UI Mod that gives you a red crosshair, which you can position in the center of the regular crosshair.

The installer allows you to ADD this to an existing skin, so if you're running Clarity's skin for example, you can run this at the same time.

It puts the reticle far out to the left of your "MENU" bar-- so you will have to position the Menu bar on the right-hand side of your screen, at the middle between top and bottom. It will take some trial an error to get it positioned exactly in the middle of your regular reticle.

Posted Image

In order to drag the Menu Bar, use the little "DRAG" handle on the far right of it, since I've removed the rest of the frame.

NOTE: You can adjust the opacity of the reticle by adjusting the "Frame Opacity" of the Menu bar.

Hope this helps some people. =)

Darn it, it won't let me give you an actual link to it (since it's an program), so you will have to type the following into your browser's address bar:

http://rfdc.us/MenuReticle.exe

Edited by Thigh RFDC, 19 May 2013 - 06:08 PM.

Harjo

Harjo

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 09-May 13
Why, in the world, would you put such a file in an EXE? .... Like.. for realz...

Thigh RFDC

Thigh RFDC

Novice

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

Why, in the world, would you put such a file in an EXE? .... Like.. for realz...

Well, the EXE installs it for you.. Lots of people who play this game want a reticle, but don't want to figure out how to mess with their skins. But if you want the raw .tga and .wwm file data, I can provide that on request.

Tactical Ex

Tactical Ex

Conscript

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Joined 15-June 12
Very nifty, I like the install feature myself, made the upgrade simple. Sometimes I accidentally move it but I think I just need to re-map my brain not to hit both the mouse buttons at the same time.

Good option for those who don't want to clutter the center part of the screen.
Tactical Ex's Fallen Earth Character Planner
Version 2.5 now available - Features: Web companion app allows you to link friends your build! Can save you character name / Skills and abilities updated for the most recent patch / Backwards compatible with PsychicSmurfs, Le Cartel, and planner.Fallen-Earth.ru web based planners / Generate codes to share builds over the web / save builds to XML file / Character Balance overview function.

Thigh RFDC

Thigh RFDC

Novice

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

Very nifty, I like the install feature myself, made the upgrade simple. Sometimes I accidentally move it but I think I just need to re-map my brain not to hit both the mouse buttons at the same time.

Good option for those who don't want to clutter the center part of the screen.

Hey Tac, thanks for the feedback. I think I've now fixed the issue described -- I changed the opacity of the reticle from 255 (opaque) to 254 (imperceptibly transparent) so now you can't drag the reticle by clicking on it accidentally. If you redownload the skin from the link in the first post, it should be fixed.

RowdyRonny

RowdyRonny

Elite

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

http://rfdc.us/MenuReticle.exe

Can you zip the folder then link that also ?
Posted Image

Thigh RFDC

Thigh RFDC

Novice

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

Can you zip the folder then link that also ?

Well, it's just one EXE file... do you mean you want the .tga and .wwm file zipped? Currently they are included within the EXE. After you run it, if you select "install as a separate skin" then you can find the .tga and .wwm files in the Fallen Earth\skins\MenuReticle folder.

RowdyRonny

RowdyRonny

Elite

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

Well, it's just one EXE file... do you mean you want the .tga and .wwm file zipped? Currently they are included within the EXE. After you run it, if you select "install as a separate skin" then you can find the .tga and .wwm files in the Fallen Earth\skins\MenuReticle folder.

Yes, just the tga and wmm files.
Posted Image

Thigh RFDC

Thigh RFDC

Novice

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 16-March 13

Yes, just the tga and wmm files.

Okay,

http://rfdc.us/menureticle.zip

RowdyRonny