notMateo

(GAME) A "Hand Me Down" Idea for Adding Guns to the Game

So a short bit of context, just for the sake of having context: Anecdotally, new guns have been largely only available to players who paid around $25 for a gun, outside of sales (also, off the top of my head, not particularly researched). The consequences of this have been that free to play players have felt left out of new content, and have also felt like the game was pay-to-win. Also, some personal context, I am not a free-to-play player.

My solution to this issue is a "Hand Me Down" model for adding new guns (or cars, or whatever, but I'm just going to use guns as the model here because it's a lot easier to explain this way). The idea is that when a gun releases, for the first 3 to 6 months (or however long the most amount of revenue is made off a gun is) the gun is at its full price, whatever that may be. After that initial 3-6 months, the price could drop again, and then shortly after, the gun would be added to the roster of free-to-play guns in the same way every other free gun is. 

The idea is that, the players who like to buy guns day 1, or want to support the time will still get the gun and LO could still return a profit off the gun (ideally. I don't know the ROI for making a gun for this game lol) and then further down the line, the often betrayed F2P players can still access the gun. If the scheduling is kept strict, this could mean that there would be a constant flow of guns for all players. When the newest gun comes out and the ARMAs big ballers are using it, the the gun that came out XX months ago will be released to the general playerbase. No more locking players out of content with a paywall.

I'm not claiming that this is a perfect, or business-sound idea, but just an idea I had that could possibly be a solution.
Any feedback? Negative or otherwise. 

I do like the idea of this altho to be honest ima be buying them day 1. But it wouldnt bother me if other players got it at a fraction months later when i already develop a playstyle on new said weapon. Theyll still be behind in the gunplay which is safe to say and LO could make more money that way cus, noway in hell would i buy an old gun for full price. Just keep giving me loyalty rewards!

• Thanks 1