low customization. not many (if any) have these customization's maxed:
  • CHARACTER
  • THEME
  • VEHICLE
  • SYMBOL
no modifications on:
  • VEHICLES
  • CHARACTERS
no higher-tier explosives (outside EOL and Volcano)
  • CONCUSSIONS
  • OSMAWS
  • OPGL
low statistics of player data:
  • kills
  • achievements
  • roles
  • rank

+ still suffers from fps drops in many common areas

even so, lot of us remember a time where all of this WAS working with 50/50 so it's still a good sign. 🙂 Edited by tennogrineer
  • Thanks 1

otw has never been a good place to stress test, it gave the same false results with g1 as well iirc

14 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

otw has never been a good place to stress test, it gave the same false results with g1 as well iirc

well yea, it makes you start a new toon and 90% of new toons have hardly any customizations on them so the game just has to load bare bone toons and not the advanced customized ones we have on live, what they should do is what sto (star trek online) does, they give you the ability to transfer toons from Holodeck (live server) to tribble (test server) apb should do something like that if they want to stress test the servers with 100 fully made up toons that dont look like trainees, which will never happen cuz then people would complain that they want to transfer toons to other servers and be like "well i can transfer to otw why cant i transfer to bla bla bla" lol Edited by ShaiShai

its simple, we give players this:

• Like 3

20 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

This is correct. Overkill-servers performed great with 100 default characters in Financial park, but crapped out in the live-environment.
If players could copy their existing characters to OTW results might be significantly more accurate. Although I assume putting test-districts on the live-servers would provide the best data.

can't they just port character data to the OTW? so people can use their toons and stuff there?

6 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

can't they just port character data to the OTW? so people can use their toons and stuff there?

reading selali's OTW post i think he asked for people to equip gears from the mails, customize it since it can help the OTW stress test. filling everyone in financial 1 with customized gears while trying the weapons and other things, should of help them collect enough data i think...
But i'm not sure. Hopefully we'll have more news on this this week form Selali or Matt

Yeah, this sounds solid. Undeniable even.  Maybe allowing the OTW and Live servers to exchange character information, but changes made on OTW aren't persistent? This is definitely more work, but APB probably needs it to get a solid baseline.

Yeah i'm 100% sure that a lot of issues are from the customization load on the servers. Enter an empty district or one with low customization on it with vehicles and players aka low ranks, and you won't lag as much as one full of high customization max ranks. Been like this forever too, so hopefully they can fix it.

Hi all,

Selali's post was designed to try and encourage more customizations on players in the 50/50 test.
We did get very positive results, so we will be pushing this new code live on the next patch.
Regardless of the next patch, we'll keep working on it, because I want to open districts to 100 players again.
It's critical in the short term for better matchmaking and the overall health of the game.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Selali's post was designed to try and encourage more customizations on players in the 50/50 test.
We did get very positive results, so we will be pushing this new code live on the next patch.
Regardless of the next patch, we'll keep working on it, because I want to open districts to 100 players again.
It's critical in the short term for better matchmaking and the overall health of the game.

Thanks,
Matt

Yeiiii more FPS dropps on live server :,D with 40/40 i lose min. 40 fps from 120.
can you patch a little performance patch too ? 

On 8/4/2018 at 2:59 PM, afk said:

its simple, we give players this:

Yep. Sounds about right you can stress test the server with this.

15 hours ago, TackoGirl said:
Yeiiii more FPS dropps on live server :,D with 40/40 i lose min. 40 fps from 120.
Overclock your toaster.

10 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:
On 8/7/2018 at 9:11 AM, TackoGirl said:
Overclock your toaster.
I overclock my "toaster" (i7 4790k) from 4,00 to 4,40 now i have with Lowest settings good constant fps. It drops only hard again if too much players on one place and whenever there are two missions at the same time in one place, it does not get better with 50/50.

i think my pc is good enough.
Nvidia GTX 1080 msi
i7 4790k oc to 4,4 ghz
ssd 1 terabyte
gaming monitor with 1ms and with options up to 165hz oc Edited by TackoGirl
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TackoGirl said:
I overclock my "toaster" (i7 4790k) from 4,00 to 4,40 now i have with Lowest settings good constant fps. It drops only hard again if too much players on one place and whenever there are two missions at the same time in one place, it does not get better with 50/50.

i think my pc is good enough.
Nvidia GTX 1080 msi
i7 4790k oc to 4,4 ghz
ssd 1 terabyte
gaming monitor with 1ms and with options up to 165hz oc
as someone who owns a 144hz monitor...

It felt great playing with 145fps on OTW...didnt it? 🙂

2 hours ago, Keshi said:
as someone who owns a 144hz monitor...

It felt great playing with 145fps on OTW...didnt it? 🙂
yes feels pretty good, as long as the districts are not too full otherwise the fps drops back to 120 - 100 :'D

Sign in to follow this