Beastie

Weapon Balance OTW Tweaks - C/D Testing Values

14 minutes ago, tennogrineer said:
i dont think you are actually reading and comprehending any of my reply, just take a second between spamming and breathe.
  • he is correct and i cant make it any clearer that it's near negligible on the obir/oscar.
took a breath, still holding it

if ir3 is affecting the obir burst interval i don’t see how putting it into sniper rifle ttk is not a nerf, considering it doesn’t have sniper rifle range

the fang will still remain a better obir at mid range, altho the higher ttk should help for everything else about the gun

the oscar goes to just over 1s min ttk i think? i’m not a huge oscar player but i’m not sure the high mobility is a good enough trade off for that, especially at closer ranges

finally. RIP YUKON

Hey guys, fun suggestions:

1] max out the roles so i can buy mods

2] max out my progression; 255

3] give everyone infinite premium so i can customize

IR3 changes will barely nerf any long range capabilities of a Ntec or any marksman rifle, while indirectly giving smgs and shotguns even more edge in close range, as well as slighly buffing matchups for a 3 shot sniper rifles. Absolutely love the direction of the change, although numbers might be too rough. 15% max increase maybe? My only conserns are carbine  being weaker and dog ear being even better.
For a shotguns I’ll take more two shot consistency over range any day.
Thumper buffs are welcome, same for an00bis.
I like what I’m seeing so far.

Edited by MileZero
grammar

Still getting consistently 2 shot at around 15m in OTW. That's still pretty damn far for a weapon that's made to excel on corners and really tight areas. If you go against anyone who knows how to remotely use a shotgun good luck killing them with anything else other than a shotgun within 20m

Edited by SuperToaster

Tested the C district CSG some more, and can confirm it feels MUCH worse at range.

Make the JG good at close quarters and the CSG better at range, that's always been the way it was intended. . .

. . . the C version just has BOTH of them restricted to CQC, with the CSG still feeling like just the better option 'cause it still 2-shots just as easily and still has slightly more range.

What about Reflex Sight?

At some point in the game's updates, it literally just stopped effecting anything.

It didn't reduce bullet spread, it didn't reduce the crosshair set even a single pixel like it use to...

But you change Improved Rifling?

??

Also the fact that Cooling Jacket actually reduces bloom instead of increasing it due to the link between fire rate and spread recovery out-pacing the outward bloom of weapons (Primarily ARs)?

???

And this is IGNORING the unknown cause of the bug that for some reason links server performance to IR3's maximum bloom taking effect BEFORE you're even at maximum bloom, causing perfect shots to miss for no apparent reason during fire, even if shooting incredibly slow?

Edited by ShadesofGrey
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ShadesofGrey said:

What about Reflex Sight? At some point in the game's updates, it literally just stopped effecting anything. It didn't reduce bullet spread, it didn't reduce the crosshair set even a single pixel like it use to...

Reflex Sight has never changed, people like you just simply don't understand how it actually works.

59 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
1 hour ago, ShadesofGrey said:

What about Reflex Sight? At some point in the game's updates, it literally just stopped effecting anything. It didn't reduce bullet spread, it didn't reduce the crosshair set even a single pixel like it use to...

Reflex Sight has never changed, people like you just simply don't understand how it actually works.
Considering weapon changes such as "OCA series – Recovery Per Second: 6 -> 5.15 (Allows the negative to Cooling Jacket to have an effect, otherwise has no effect on weapon handling at all)." and "PMG series – Recovery Per Second: 10 -> 7.2 (Allows the negative to Cooling Jacket to have an effect, otherwise has no effect on weapon handling at all)." coincidentally about the same time you seem to have even started playing the game, I'll just leave it there. There came a point in the game's updates, that Reflex Sight literally just stopped effecting things.

Good to see hypocrites that don't know what they're talking about. Edited by ShadesofGrey

57 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
1 hour ago, ShadesofGrey said:

Not true, part of G1's balance changes to the shotguns at least their attempt on it was to nerf any increase in accuracy it had with shotguns. There are a lot of preset shotguns out there still that have never been adjusted for this change and still have reflex sight on them regardless. Reflex sight as it stands is just a placebo mod on the shotguns, I do wonder if @LO_Beastie will look into this change and revert it back to how it was before G1 adjusted it. 

8 minutes ago, ShadesofGrey said:
coincidentally about the same time you seem to have even started playing the game
He actually believes this is my original account.

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:
He actually believes this is my original account.
Damn, this one right here need sum reding lesions.

you are changing improved rifling, another thing you obviously dont understand mr LO...

improved rifling is not used on shotguns because shotguns have spread
you cannot deal high dps past 10m with a shotgun so why would you try to use it at 20m?

switching to a secondary > spraying 8 jg rounds at 30m

24 minutes ago, ShadesofGrey said:
Damn, this one right here need sum reding lesions.
Quoted for preservation of irony.

He is right about reflex sight on shotguns tho.
But yeah, you are one of the few to actually get banned from the forums.

Edited by CookiePuss

3 minutes ago, dett2 said:

Please nerf RFP-9.

The Improved Rifling nerf will also indirectly nerf the Fang, which is the main variant of the RFP that's currently causing the biggest problems. While I'm sure many of us would love to see the previous RFP buff (effective range increase 30m->40m) reverted, it's unlikely that it will.

Edited by Hexerin

Just now, Hexerin said:
The Improved Rifling nerf will also indirectly nerf the Fang, which is the RFP currently causing problems. While I'm sure many of us would love to see the previous RFP buff (effective range increase 30m->40m) reverted, it's unlikely that it will.

Personally Im fine with the range, I'd rather see the hipfire accuracy made much worse. No reason it should be so deadly in cqc.

4 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
The Improved Rifling nerf will also indirectly nerf the Fang, which is the main variant of the RFP that's currently causing the biggest problems. While I'm sure many of us would love to see the previous RFP buff (effective range increase 30m->40m) reverted, it's unlikely that it will.

RFP is Burstfire weapon so IR won't affect TTK isn't it?
just slower burst i think.

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Personally Im fine with the range, I'd rather see the hipfire accuracy made much worse. No reason it should be so deadly in cqc.

The RFP used to not be able to hipfire, the base accuracy would bloom out if you moved while not in marksmanship mode (like any other marksmanship mode weapon). It felt horrible on a secondary, and was reflected by the weapon being completely absent from gameplay except for the extremely rare freshspawn scrub.

1 minute ago, dett2 said:
RFP is Burstfire weapon so IR won't affect TTK isn't it?
just slower burst i think.
Slower burst, which increases the chances of the second and/or third bullet missing. In the three shots to kill, you need to land 8 of the 9 bullets, so those misses add up real quick.

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:

The RFP used to not be able to hipfire, the base accuracy would bloom out if you moved while not in marksmanship mode (like any other marksmanship mode weapon). It felt horrible on a secondary

Yeah, lets just go back to that then.
Anyways, thats just my opinion. I main the .45 AP anyways. Edited by CookiePuss

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:
I main the .45 AP anyways.
You want to talk about a weapon that should get scrutiny, and [extremely carefully] adjusted...

Meanwhile I'm over here with my beloved duo of R-2 'Harbinger' and FR0G 'Thumbnail', just absolutely loving life.

36 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
You want to talk about a weapon that should get scrutiny, and [extremely carefully] adjusted...

Meanwhile I'm over here with my beloved duo of R-2 'Harbinger' and FR0G 'Thumbnail', just absolutely loving life.
I do like the tumbnail, own that and the Kokoe.
FR0G ftw!

2 hours ago, Ignas / qsn said:

why nerfing mods when you can nerf one gun to solve all problems?

read the post..?