Cutey

3-Point Sling mod should have negative effects. like other mods.

10 minutes ago, Kempington said:

I had quite a think about this. What if 3ps3 gave the weapon a similar effect that replicates the HVR's equip accuracy?

Benefit: You equip the weapon faster.

Downside: Gun stays at "equip bloom" for longer. You can choose to shoot during this time, but the gun won't be as accurate as possible.

Please note. "Equip bloom" would be an amount of bloom to the weapons minimum accuracy, not maximum. For example, it would bloom the guns accuracy to 40% of max. Obviously, the length of this effect would be prolonged dependent on which 3ps you use.

I like the idea of 3ps3 affect the bloom of the weapon after you switch to it as an form of drawback. Not sure if it would be best to start it at max bloom and let it shrink from there, or have the minimum accuracy being worse for a set duration. Currently it gives -13%/-26%/-39% equip times, so the drawback should be slightly longer than the time saved by using the mod. I'm also not sure how the drawback would affect shotguns, true ogre, projectile weapons and the HVR.

17 minutes ago, Dopefish said:
I like the idea of 3ps3 affect the bloom of the weapon after you switch to it as an form of drawback. Not sure if it would be best to start it at max bloom and let it shrink from there, or have the minimum accuracy being worse for a set duration.
Starting at max bloom makes more sense, because it's a more logical behaviour, as far as I'm concerned.
Having an increased minimal bloom for a certain duration is closer to damage being tied to accuracy and therefore less comprehensible mechanics for beginners.

Currently weapons get equipped with full accuracy. 3PS could simply reverse this.

Alternatively I could see it becoming the opposite of Mobility Sling. Faster equip time, lower movement while aiming down sights. (Coincidentally I'm fairly certain this discussion also happened when Mobility Sling was introduced.) Edited by Revoluzzer
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Revoluzzer said:
Starting at max bloom makes more sense, because it's a more logical behaviour, as far as I'm concerned.
I agree, but the weapon is likely to recover that accuracy faster than the amount of time gained from the new equip time?

It's a bit interesting to reduce the movement speed while aiming down the sight, but then that would only be a drawback for weapons that rely on that.

2 minutes ago, Dopefish said:
I agree, but the weapon is likely to recover that accuracy faster than the amount of time gained from the new equip time?

It's a bit interesting to reduce the movement speed while aiming down the sight, but then that would only be a drawback for weapons that rely on that.
To counterpoint myself, a few weapons wouldn't notice my proposed downside either, such as shotguns, some SMGs. It's mostly affect the mid/long range.

I didn't say that 3PS is OP. It's not at all. However, the idea here is to make all mods have pros and cons, rather than being straight upgrades.

That way, you can cater your weapon to benefit in one area, but lose out elsewhere. That was kind of the idea with them initially, as far as I can tell.

18 minutes ago, Kempington said:
To counterpoint myself, a few weapons wouldn't notice my proposed downside either, such as shotguns, some SMGs. It's mostly affect the mid/long range.
Is there any general theme for purple mods, that would be applicable to all weapons, such as damage/TTK for red mods (not counting muzzle break), accuracy for orange mods, ammo for blue mods?

Not particularly, no. The only 3 you can equip are tagger, 3PS and mobility scooter.

The rest appear to be special effects or variations of tagger.

2 hours ago, Dopefish said:
Is there any general theme for purple mods, that would be applicable to all weapons, such as damage/TTK for red mods (not counting muzzle break), accuracy for orange mods, ammo for blue mods?
i guess you could argue they’re “utility” mods?

On 8/4/2018 at 10:12 AM, GhosT said:

While we're unnecessarily nerfing mods, can we nerf IR first so it actually has a downside?

Actually on OTW during the stress test on Saturday, weapons with IR have a reduced rate of fire.  I think the values they picked were a bit too extreme personally, but it seems like a step in the right direction.  We just gotta provide feedback. Edited by BrandonBranderson

@BXNNXD Utility is a bit broad, but maybe speed/time related (though tagger doesn't fit that description)? But it's difficult to make something else take longer, that would also make sense.

I think starting at max bloom (for 3ps3) would be most suitable and make most sense after all.

What problems could be caused by this? How would it affect shotguns, HVR, OPGL, and/or weapons with wind up?

28 minutes ago, Ignas / qsn said:

why do people want to make this game worse than it currently is?

Why do you consider adding drawbacks to mods as something that would make the game worse? The optimal mod balance is when a non-slotted weapon is just as good, but mods let's you tweak the weapons niche to be more favorable to how you play. APB is not meant to be a game similar to other MMO's where the higher level you are, the stronger you'll get, but instead it's meant to give you versatility.
  • Thanks 1

Nerf the server provider in lieu of new improved ones that perform.

I do not see a reason why to make this mod worse than it currently is. Elaborate please.

*EDIT* downvoted for asking to explain why it should be nerfed? are you smart? lol

Edited by Fortune Runner

It just seems silly to me that the only mod that is actually meant for snipers (high mag scope) is optional when all sniper models use a scope. Biggest problem is killing requireing a pistol (tag with secondary finish with sniper or vice versa) the hvr is fine by it's self.

Seriously. Tagger/spotter is fine. 3point sling makes sense for cqc weapons But on the hvr it's downright exploitable (quick switching imagine doing that irl)

Edited by Zolerox

20 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

Seriously. Tagger/spotter is fine. 3point sling makes sense for cqc weapons But on the hvr it's downright exploitable (quick switching imagine doing that irl)

Imagine having to shoot someone more than once with any gun irl to maybe kill them, or at the very least make them unable to fight.

I still see purple mods as utility mods and the reason why they're so commonly used is because people usually cover all of their necessities with two mods. I don't think we need to nerf utility modifications.
Instead of nerfing these utility mods it's time green weapon modifications make an appearance. That or make blue mods more appealing. 

9 minutes ago, Spherii said:

I still see purple mods as utility mods and the reason why they're so commonly used is because people usually cover all of their necessities with two mods. I don't think we need to nerf utility modifications.
Instead of nerfing these utility mods it's time green weapon modifications make an appearance. That or make blue mods more appealing. 

why not yellow?

56 minutes ago, Spherii said:

it's time green weapon modifications make an appearance. 

47 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
why not yellow?
... racists

Just now, CookiePuss said:

... racists

well no one wants black modifications, they wouldnt even work!

Edited by BXNNXD
:^)

16 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
well no one wants black modifications, they wouldnt even work!

Shit... I laughed at that too.
Im definitely a racist. 😣

Why?

Purple mods in my eyes are usually supposed to just be straight 'upgrades' in a very small form.

Tagger allows you to more easily see enemies, and show whos tagged (but not how much they are tagged, which is why tagger doesn't really buff much, its just there to be there)
Mobility Sling allows you to more quickly moved aimed in, but increases equip time. All guns that would use this mod effectively don't need to be switched to quickly, which means the downgrade doesn't really matter, making mobility sling a straight 'upgrade'. You could argue ntec or atac, but usually ntecs with mobi sling are using ir3/hs3 making it more long range similar to obeya in which case it doesn't matter.
3ps3 just increases equip time. There are very few cases in which this is actually beneficial, and mainly is just a increase in gameplay speed. Only reason this can be seen as TOO much of an upgrade is because of QSing.

Infact, I never ever use 3ps3 on anything besides Pointman and HVR/Shaw. HVR and Shaw are the only two weapons in which 3ps3 even matters (besides ALIG and other heavy weaponry, but I dont use those). I just use 3ps3 on Pointman guns because tagger and mobi sling are even more useless than 3ps3 on them. I barely even use those weapons anyway, so I maybe use 3ps3 once a week, if that. Tagger and Mobi Sling on the other hand I use 99% of the time.

Why nerf something that isn't broke. And yes adding a negative side effect is nerfing, so don't even bother arguing against that.

1 minute ago, Fur said:

Why?

Purple mods in my eyes are usually supposed to just be straight 'upgrades' in a very small form.

Tagger allows you to more easily see enemies, and show whos tagged (but not how much they are tagged, which is why tagger doesn't really buff much, its just there to be there)
Mobility Sling allows you to more quickly moved aimed in, but increases equip time. All guns that would use this mod effectively don't need to be switched to quickly, which means the downgrade doesn't really matter, making mobility sling a straight 'upgrade'. You could argue ntec or atac, but usually ntecs with mobi sling are using ir3/hs3 making it more long range similar to obeya in which case it doesn't matter.
3ps3 just increases equip time. There are very few cases in which this is actually beneficial, and mainly is just a increase in gameplay speed. Only reason this can be seen as TOO much of an upgrade is because of QSing.

Infact, I never ever use 3ps3 on anything besides Pointman and HVR/Shaw. HVR and Shaw are the only two weapons in which 3ps3 even matters (besides ALIG and other heavy weaponry, but I dont use those). I just use 3ps3 on Pointman guns because tagger and mobi sling are even more useless than 3ps3 on them. I barely even use those weapons anyway, so I maybe use 3ps3 once a week, if that. Tagger and Mobi Sling on the other hand I use 99% of the time.

Why nerf something that isn't broke. And yes adding a negative side effect is nerfing, so don't even bother arguing against that.

3ps 3 is great for aggressive obir play

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
3 hours ago, Zolerox said:

Imagine having to shoot someone more than once with any gun irl to maybe kill them, or at the very least make them unable to fight.
Depends on where you hit someone with said gun, what caliber it's packing, and what you're wearing. cmonBruh.

Just now, Similarities said:

Depends on where you hit someone with said gun, what caliber it's packing, and what you're wearing. cmonBruh

We should test these theories.

Just now, CookiePuss said:
1 minute ago, Similarities said:

Depends on where you hit someone with said gun, what caliber it's packing, and what you're wearing. cmonBruh

We should test these theories.
Sure, just make sure the caliber is a 9mm and you shoot me in the softest part of my head. That's how I feel reading these forums at times.