Cutey

3-Point Sling mod should have negative effects. like other mods.

fnmod_weapon_threepointsling3.png
A few suggestions:
+ add delay to switch back to pistol.
or
+ reduce weapon damage with this mod.

3-Point Sling 3 shoud be ballanced.
  • Like 3

Honestly, it needs to be slightly reworked.

• Increase percentage on tier 1/2/3 from current 13%/26%/39% to new 20%/40%/60%
  • Scale percentage down based on weapon's mobility stat (heavies like HVR or OSMAW get reduced effect)
  • Have the percentage apply to switching away from the weapon as well. Consider how the sling works in reality to understand why.
  • Due to the sling being extra equipment you have to carry, introduce the downside of reduced reserve ammo. 10/20/30% would probably work.
Edited by Hexerin

The only complain about this is that people are furious about other people quick switching which is being nerfed in the next patch... The mods are good as they are now and shouldn't be touched.

• Like 2

negative- it's purple, and takes up a mod slot that could be filled with better mods, like tagger.

2 minutes ago, BlitzKitty said:

negative- it's purple, and takes up a mod slot that could be filled with better mods, like tagger.

If there are better purple mods then why should we nerf 3PS3?
:Thinkong:

3 minutes ago, DouglasFalcon said:
If there are better purple mods then why should we nerf 3PS3?
:Thinkong:
eeeeeeeeeexactly.

2 hours ago, BlitzKitty said:

tagger isn’t really worth much imo, it’s pointless in premade voip groups and pugs are pugs

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
tagger isn’t really worth much imo, it’s pointless in premade voip groups and pugs are pugs

I've had pug teammates do somewhat better against tagged/spotted enemies, probably a YMMV thing

While we're unnecessarily nerfing mods, can we nerf IR first so it actually has a downside?

Purple modifications having a downside would kinda suck because you have to put into account that you are already getting a downside both the Hunting Sight 3/Reflex Sight 3 and Improved Rifling 3/Cooling jacket 3 so having a third downside on the purple modification would in my opinion be too harsh on the weapon depending on what type of negative effect. for example like having reduced damage on a purple mod while running IR3 or especially CJ2/3 which increases your overall bloom would very much be "eww". (Cant think of any other negative effects sorry xD)

I'm no expert on how modifications work and what would be the best but I do personally think that chucking a downside on 3pointsling or any purple modification in general would probably destroy a weapons functionality a little much and I would probably avoid using them overall.

What the heck Presets can use double red mods why can't we?
PLZ FIX

and on the way make tagger reduce damage (ever used RFID rounds irl?)

1 minute ago, Zolerox said:

PLZ FIX

presets can double up on the colors because they aren’t exploitable

mods that reduce damage immediately go to the bottom of the barrel in apb, you’d kill off what little use tagger already has

On 8/4/2018 at 12:24 AM, Hexerin said:

Honestly, it needs to be slightly reworked.

• Increase percentage on tier 1/2/3 from current 13%/26%/39% to new 20%/40%/60%
  • Scale percentage down based on weapon's mobility stat (heavies like HVR or OSMAW get reduced effect)
  • Have the percentage apply to switching away from the weapon as well. Consider how the sling works in reality to understand why.
  • Due to the sling being extra equipment you have to carry, introduce the downside of reduced reserve ammo. 10/20/30% would probably work.
this makes absolutely no sense, putting a 3ps or a safari sling on a rifle has absolutely no downsides ; in fact many slings have places for more ammo capacity

6 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

mods that reduce damage immediately go to the bottom of the barrel in apb, you’d kill off what little use tagger already has
More realistically. Make tagger reduce total ammo by 20% (i don't actually think tagger is op) It's a placebo knowing exactly where the enemy is makes you fight better.

12 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

wdym bro heavy barrel is EPIC and GOOD 😂😂😂 

I feel like people forget Mobility Sling is a purple mod, with the downside of increased equip time.

so there are purple mods with downsides, just not Tagger/3PS

13 hours ago, Zolerox said:

PLZ FIX

one weapon can and that is also rather old
and currently retired
so pls no
(i guess you were kidding, still)
6 hours ago, Zolerox said:
13 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

More realistically. Make tagger reduce total ammo by 20% (i don't actually think tagger is op) It's a placebo knowing exactly where the enemy is makes you fight better.
seems reasonable,
would probably impact weapons like the TAS too greatly (and it doesn't benefit that much from tagger already)

they could also do it more drastic - like 50% reserve reduction, 10% magazine and let it behave like spotter
but that's very far off.
(i know this is an unpopular opinion - and not my honest opinion, i think it's fine as it is but i guess mods should never be straight upgrades in this game.)

On 8/4/2018 at 10:08 AM, Inquitoria said:

Tagger doesn't have negatives either, don't see you complaining about that.

But tagger does not improve a guns performance, it just marks someone, which also might be a good information for the opponent knowing to be hit.
Also, for tagger wyou may have to sacrifice a true performance improving mod, like TPS.
On 8/4/2018 at 4:12 PM, GhosT said:

While we're unnecessarily nerfing mods, can we nerf IR first so it actually has a downside?

like upping bloom per shot so that the gun acts more sniperlike by having to fire with less ROF or get a penalty in accuracy. max bloom is hardly used at any gun you just tapfire, or shotties, and those wepaons who are used as spamfire weapons don't use IR.
  Edited by LilyV3

3PS3 is a bit of a weird one. The benefit it provides doesn't necessarily directly improve the weapons performance, but it does reduce the delay when you need to react to something quickly. In some smaller cases, it can result in quite ridiculous maneuvers.

I had quite a think about this. What if 3ps3 gave the weapon a similar effect that replicates the HVR's equip accuracy?

Benefit: You equip the weapon faster.

Downside: Gun stays at "equip bloom" for longer. You can choose to shoot during this time, but the gun won't be as accurate as possible.

Please note. "Equip bloom" would be an amount of bloom to the weapons minimum accuracy, not maximum. For example, it would bloom the guns accuracy to 40% of max. Obviously, the length of this effect would be prolonged dependent on which 3ps you use.

As a random stab at the dark for values, the delay before the gun recovers accuracy from this equip bloom could be:

0.5s/0.8s/1.1s (again random example)

What do you reckon?

• Like 1

this game's balance has got a lot bigger issues than 3ps3 having no downsides

• Like 1