Hexerin

It's saddening that RMT is commonplace

Even more so since nothing is being done about it.

Welcome to modern gaming where pulling out a credit card is the easiest way to get what you want. 

RMT is thriving throughout the gaming community. Especially with WoW and CS:GO.

With WoW, people pay real dollarydoos for 'pro' players to grind their mounts, carry them to current mounts, give them x achievement from completing a very difficult raid or pvp. So many carries for any reward you can imagine. I don't imagine there's too much money in RMTing gold anymore VS these other services, especially since WoW has introduced a "legal" (ie: through them) way to buy gold with real $$ (similar to how EVE Online has done it for a few years now).

People are paying other people to play the game and achieve end goals just so they can say they've done it (they didnt though) and to show off the rewards. PEOPLE ARE PAYING PEOPLE TO PLAY THE GAME FOR THEM. This is, as @iRaviax said, the state of modern gaming (unfortunately).

Edited by Triksterism

1 minute ago, Triksterism said:

I don't imagine there's too much money in RMTing gold anymore VS these other services, especially since WoW has introduced a "legal" (ie: through them) way to buy gold with real $$ (similar to how EVE Online has done it for a few years now).

The sub tokens effectively killed the gold selling market, they just can't compete to a degree that makes it worth their time. Really wish other games would follow suit.

i mean RMT in apb isn’t really all that crazy, i don’t see the big deal

Probably the worst part about this is that even if they start actually taking action against it, the legitimate playerbase still loses because all those weapons they were holding are lost along with them... and while most would (eventually) be replaced from people buying JMBs, some are just gone forever (like the FFA 5.56 R&D III, for example).

money is pretty powerful. that's how most things work. if a system or environment is exploitable, humans will almost always try to take 100% advantage of it.

• Like 1

*searches google* Yeah, those darn Registered Massage Therapists... Wait

Seriously tho, why do I have to have knowledge of every game genre and it's interworkings to what on earth these acronyms mean? (P.S. Yes I know what it means now, I don't play mmo's much so I'd never heard the acronym 'real money trading' before)

Edited by Archon

6 hours ago, Archon said:

*searches google* Yeah, those darn Registered Massage Therapists... Wait

Seriously tho, why do I have to have knowledge of every game genre and it's interworkings to what on earth these acronyms mean? (P.S. Yes I know what it means now, I don't play mmo's much so I'd never heard the acronym 'real money trading' before)

I too dislike having to learn. 

Had to look this up. Was confused about why a union was getting involved. 

I've seen plenty of people shouting in social about making trades for real world cash; but it's always been more of an annoyance to me, rather than anything else.

I would have thought it was something easy enough to pick up on in-game by one of LO's new GMs....

It's saddening someone's mad about easy ways that cost money you're free to work for.

46 minutes ago, AlexandraTromp said:

So what's RMT?

It stands for Raw-Mountain-Tea, it's the new gaming beverage to boost your noscope skills.
  • Like 1

Just now, Nessie said:

It stands for Raw-Mountain-Tea, it's the new gaming beverage to boost your noscope skills.
I'm sticking to g-fuel.

1 hour ago, AlexandraTromp said:

So what's RMT?

"Real Money Transactions"

I'm assuming Hexerin is complaining about people buying guns off the marketplace and killing her with them

Took me like a week just to find a Volcano because of it. All I see is,"Paypal!?!"

@Triksterism You are referring to PLEX in EVE I am guessing? (Ex-EVE player). In a game like EVE it very befitting though, seen as how grind heavy it is, it actually creates an in-game market as well as an exterior market for EVE which makes it ever so much more interesting. EVE is a bit special in that sense though, amongst other things. Edited by Slickmund

13 minutes ago, Slickmund said:
@Triksterism You are referring to PLEX in EVE I am guessing? (Ex-EVE player). In a game like EVE it very befitting though, seen as how grind heavy it is, it actually creates an in-game market as well as an exterior market for EVE which makes it ever so much more interesting. EVE is a bit special in that sense though, amongst other things.
Definitely. Played it for 12 years!
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
I too dislike having to learn. 
-.-

Never said I didn't care to 'learn' what it meant, just saying its a little presumptuous of the OP to assume everyone knows terms when it's a term commonly used in a different genre of game than the one being discussed. Don't be a bully. Your insult doesn't even make sense anyway, if the OP would have explained what the acronym meant I would have learned it, and that's exactly what I was saying they should have done. Edited by Archon

On 8/3/2018 at 5:00 PM, Hexerin said:

Even more so since nothing is being done about it.

Well, from what I have seen and heard, no, I am not going to spend $40 - $60 dollars for a shitty Legendary.

I'd rather buy an Accountwide gun and have money left over.

If people wanna spend that kinda money... Whatever. It's for a lame gun.

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:31 PM, ShaiShai said:
"Real Money Transactions"

I'm assuming Hexerin is complaining about people buying guns off the marketplace and killing her with them
Always something to complain about....

1 hour ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:
Well, from what I have seen and heard, no, I am not going to spend $40 - $60 dollars for a shitty Legendary.

I'd rather buy an Accountwide gun and have money left over.

If people wanna spend that kinda money... Whatever. It's for a lame gun.
those numbers are like doubled 

Eh i could careless about RMT. As long as im not getting spammed it doesn't matter. Especially in this game. Time = Money. Some people don't have time so they spend money. Not a big deal.