Faction Dividence  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Criminal or Enforcer and possibly, how come?

• Criminal
    • Criminal, mostly due to faction features like clothing, cars or specific weaponry
    • Criminal, mostly due to social aspects and or matchmaking differences
    • Enforcer
    • Enforcer, mostly due to faction features like clothing, cars or specific weaponry
    • Enforcer, mostly due to social aspects and or matchmaking differences

Ok that gif is pretty cool ROFL

2 minutes ago, YeOldLegends said:

LTL is broken. ...and stuff

Yeah I noticed that too. Did it always do that or did G1 mes it up when they made changes?
Forgot to mention I prefer enforcer just because I do Edited by Fortune Runner

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

Yeah I noticed that too. Did it always do that or did G1 mes it up when they made changes?
I think they changed it. I am not sure, to be honest but I don't ever really remember it being that broken.

Just now, YeOldLegends said:
Just now, Fortune Runner said:

I think they changed it. I am not sure, to be honest but I don't ever really remember it being that broken.
Same here that's why I had to ask.

Back to the topic :
I do have to admit though I want a Bishada available with the kits even from any of the joker or reward boxes.
There's a particular Bishada kit from the rewards for spending money on APB that a lot of people like and want.

Enforcer, because we are the good guys. It's kind of a moral choice for me. (Even though, I know enforcers are not much different than crims in this game, but still)

Edited by Pegi

Started as Crim back in OBT, changed to Enforcer a while after, didn't go back.
The game just feels funner to me as Enforcer. I always wanted to play as the "good guys" on games like GTA and I like games like Sleeping Dogs that do let you play the justice role.

The little details in APB like sirens and how your character will be more gentle or even show their badge when taking a civi vehicle is also a neat touch and gameplaywise I find it funner to try and shoot around civilians rather than just mow them down like they're not there. This game would be a little less interesting if it was just criminals vs criminals. I'm glad it didn't go that route

Thusfar it adds up to 7 Crims vs 24 Enforcers, well within anticipation seen as you can notice small hints that suggest these numbers as well in game (Generally you see more high or max level enforcers suggesting theres more dedicated players on that side, atleast on Citadel, I assume it is similar on Jericho.). Personally I stick to the Criminal side because I am really into the Yakuza themed clan I have going on my main character.

Naturally most dedicated APB players play on both sides, all these speculations only apply to preferences of course.

However I do feel like there is something essential lacking on the criminal side which would make playing as criminal distinctively different than playing just your average thug in a game like GTA, because I think we can all agree on said playstyle being fun for only a short while.

This might be a over the top generalization but I tend to think the criminal faction is the more appealing faction to new players. Like most folks who start playing GTA for the first time in their lives, they embrace the freedom offered in the game and run rampant within, because it's fun, for a while atleast. Naturally there are plenty of players which find the cop role in a cops and robbers setting more appealing, but (without any statistics to back up my suspicions) I tend to think the thug life has a stronger pull on the new guy. Then as the new players start learning the game, many of course drop out because APB is APB being an odd shooter in the first place and on top of that with a very steep and unforgiving learning-curve which dictates the way the game should be played way stronger than you can possibly know from watching a couple of gameplay videos. Those who don't drop out and actually persist, run into a new issue as they progress through the learning phase. Teamplay, becomes a major issue. As we all know solid teamwork and good tactics contribute more to a victory than personal skill (Considering all players in a mission can perform decently at the least).

On that note, on Citadel atleast, I notice the average lvl of a silver player on criminal is below R200, most of the time, far below it. Seen as theres often more criminals than enforcers on, and on average the R lvl being lower I think it is somewhat fair to assume there's more new players on the criminal side most of the time, also because of what I stated before. In bronze districts, it seems like on average during a mission, the average level on the criminal side is well below that of the enforcer side. Not an issue for me, or your average dedicated player that grinds his way to R200+ or has already done so on the enforcer side. But for the new guy, now 2-3 weeks into the game making him more of a veteran newbie, it often is.
There's a general consensus that it is mostly enforcer players dethreating and wanting to stomp newbies and because of this you see a lot of toxicity flowing out from the average silver play in a bronze district on a daily basis. I talk quite a bit in district chat, often enough ridiculing angry statements or on my better days, trying to share some insight on the matter. There's plenty of players which do that on a daily basis, which on average is good unless it turns into overextensive argueing.
Our veteran newbie has a hard time understanding why he is consistently matched up against players that have way more experience, time invested, gear unlocked and often enough invested money into the game where-as they don't see the point in doing that yet. 

I would very much like to see the statistic on the average life span of a new player, catagorized by faction as well to confirm this theory. I doubt such statistics are available and very much doubt LO would do any good by it and or see any reason to show me this in the first place. Either way, 2 walls of text further, I suspect the following.

• Criminal side lacks appeal in terms of distinctive features that are satisfactory on average for the more persistent players.
  • This in turn causes a risk of the initial appeal to the criminal side to rebound because of their time already invested.
  • Widely acknowledged, also by LO, the steep learning curve with a distinctive lack of guidance causes a lot of misunderstandings during the learning progress. (Not trying to specifically point this out in this thread or post, just thought it was undeniable and also a root cause of the complex of issues.
Which leads to a couple of points which I described before, in the wall of text;
  • Making the Enforcer side more appealing for the long term player.
  • This in turn creates the risk of a difference in dedication between factions causing a difference in experience and sometimes skillgap.

I hope all this makes sense to some of you, and I would be happy to receive your thoughts and or commentary on the subject.
Also, I would like to specifically point out, this is not a cry of "unfair!", I am quite happy with APB's current state in many aspects and I enjoy the criminal side plenty (Even though even I play a bit of Fruitcake with a NL-9 every now and then just to mix it up.) and I have little issue with my average matchmaking as I play, whether that is on a silver district or on a bronze district. In a proper matchup I go full tryhard with meta weapons, in an unballanced match I pull out more wonky guns or guns I havent practised that much with yet. Either way I am happy to play. I merely felt like I might be onto something which could lead to something that can help make the game more enjoyable for the average new player.

Again, any thoughts on this would be appreciated and if you made it this far through my hazy monologue, thanks for reading as well. Edited by Slickmund

6 hours ago, scaredofsnakes said:

Neither, live the civilian life.

Whether enforcer or criminal I run over civilians so your life wont be long !!!
Cant stand them.

Enforcer! They can do everything a criminal can, plus they get sirens.

Oh, and you can use LTL stuff. but only on lease. Which is annoying

12 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Whats a dividence?

Also, if anyone calls LTL broken, just put them on ignore... nothing to be gained there.

Um, it is broken because there's nothing that counters it.
You can use kevlar to buff your health and die "slower". You can use med spray to recover. But what do you do when have taken stamina damage? Oh, right, there's nothing you can do.
Worst is that once you get hit few times your movement speed is already slow, thus making you even easier target because evading shots becomes more difficult. Did I mention the lack of recoil on that stupid gun?

And the explosion radius of the LTL opgl is damn huge. 

But  I know...you think yukon and ogre are fine too. "Just don't get too close".

edit: Oh, and time to get back in action is much faster if you just die instead of getting stunned, waiting for the enforcer to arrest you, waiting for the arrest animation to complete, and then you wait again  to respawn. And if I'm not wrong you can't even choose spawn point.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Edited by Sayori
  • Like 1

im enforcer but start playn recently with crim new char and i think is tougher..suprise me dat enf leads with more than double in this voting cause i think theyr matched well like forces and playerbase

4 hours ago, Sayori said:
Um, it is broken because there's nothing that counters it.
You can use kevlar to buff your health and die "slower". You can use med spray to recover. But what do you do when have taken stamina damage? Oh, right, there's nothing you can do.
Worst is that once you get hit few times your movement speed is already slow, thus making you even easier target because evading shots becomes more difficult. Did I mention the lack of recoil on that stupid gun?

And the explosion radius of the LTL opgl is damn huge. 

But  I know...you think yukon and ogre are fine too. "Just don't get too close".

edit: Oh, and time to get back in action is much faster if you just die instead of getting stunned, waiting for the enforcer to arrest you, waiting for the arrest animation to complete, and then you wait again  to respawn. And if I'm not wrong you can't even choose spawn point.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think the Yukon and Ogre are "bad", not "fine". 

Btw, selling Ogres and Yukons on Jericho, HMU. 

LTL isnt viable when compared to lethal.
That just a fact. 

Enforcer. Because I always wanted to be a copper.

On 8/3/2018 at 1:32 PM, Keshi said:

Enforcer, so i dont have to play against LTL
But i feel like crims lowkey get way better spawns than enforcers

when i play enforcer i get way better spawns than i would be playing my crim and i play crim most of the time. i encounter the 150m spawns every match as crim, while on enforcer i get the 100m or below spawns. sometimes i even see enforcer spawn in cars that is within 30-50m of my character location. that never happened to me as a crim so far
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, B00bie said:
On 8/3/2018 at 4:32 PM, Keshi said:

Enforcer, so i dont have to play against LTL
But i feel like crims lowkey get way better spawns than enforcers

when i play enforcer i get way better spawns than i would be playing my crim and i play crim most of the time. i encounter the 150m spawns every match as crim, while on enforcer i get the 100m or below spawns. sometimes i even see enforcer spawn in cars that is within 30-50m of my character location. that never happened to me as a crim so far
it feels like the complete opposite for me lol

Is there even a difference? Lore wise Enforcers are practically Criminals with badges. And game wise G1 blurred the lines between the two that there really isn't much difference anymore.

Enforcers get penalized for running over the annoying civilians.
Criminals get rewarded.....
Who are the real heroes again? Cant tell lol