TrashCan

/abandonmission should be removed from the Game

I sick of always attack spots because people always pick a mission which they like. I hope there will be a vote on this! 

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nope, I'd rather have LO get rid of heavy items missions, not to mention the abomination of Creme de la Crime

• Like 3

2 hours ago, -Dan- said:

Nope, I'd rather have LO get rid of heavy items missions, not to mention the abomination of Creme de la Crime

Just make all 5 items spawn at once. Mission fixed.
  • Like 1

Jesus Crem de la Crime, that phrase still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  Seems like its the only mission I get in Financial.  Is there any way to avoid it?  I remember people saying that pledging to certain contacts gets you different missions, or reduces the frequency of harder ones.

I do not believe /abandonmission should be removed.
The last thing I want is to be forced to play with a tk'er after they just did that to us.
No thank you.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

The last thing I want is to be forced to play with a tk'er after they just did that to us.
No thank you.

You have the possibility to choose after the mission if you want to play with the last people again.

5 hours ago, TrashCan said:

You have the possibility to choose after the mission if you want to play with the last people again.
That's not the same thing we are talking about.
What you mentioned is if you want to party together , and of course the answer is no to a tk'er.
Which means start another random mission and if we get the Tk'er again ( which can happen often enough to be randomly grouped again) would mean being stuck in that nightmare all over again or log of and quit playing  APB.

Losing player base intentionally by making an unfair game play is unacceptable.

Removing /abandonmission breaks matchmaking all over again but in a different way. No thank you I know better.

15 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:
That's not the same thing we are talking about.
What you mentioned is if you want to party together , and of course the answer is no to a tk'er.
Which means start another random mission and if we get the Tk'er again ( which can happen often enough to be randomly grouped again) would mean being stuck in that nightmare all over again or log of and quit playing  APB.

Losing player base intentionally by making an unfair game play is unacceptable.

Removing /abandonmission breaks matchmaking all over again but in a different way. No thank you I know better.
 Something should be changed because as it is now it is not perfect. The command should have no influence on the missions,
that means if you cancel a mission you should load the same mission again. Then you can not run away from a bad mission.

I feel like removing /abandonmission is just a band-aid fix. They need to work on getting rid of round-about ways of abusing the system like punishing people for multiple abandons. Sometimes there's a legitimate reason to leave one game but when it becomes repetitive their obviously dodging.

(edit. I think heavy items can be fun but Crem de la Crime is terrible.)

On 8/3/2018 at 12:53 PM, Fortune Runner said:

No thank you.

we also need a proper vote kick system. 👀 Edited by cream
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, TrashCan said:
 Something should be changed because as it is now it is not perfect. The command should have no influence on the missions,
that means if you cancel a mission you should load the same mission again. Then you can not run away from a bad mission.
A tk'er  IS a bad mission....
People regularly use /Abandonmission not for favorable missions but for favorable team members.
Golds prefer other golds and silvers prefer other silvers.
The only person that I have  ever talked to on  APB who thinks of using this for favorable missions is you and I have been playing since a few weeks after the  G1 dev event years ago back in 2011.

That is not true if see the Mission Crime de Crime what are you doing?
I bring this up because it is are good, fair and honest idea!° ( And trust me there is a bunch of people who think the same way like me ) 

I had multible evenings where I had only to attack spots in first and that is because people use this option to have are advantage and it have to be fixed. 
Its are easy fix and its good for everybody!

35 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:
A tk'er  IS a bad mission....
People regularly use /Abandonmission not for favorable missions but for favorable team members.
Golds prefer other golds and silvers prefer other silvers.
The only person that I have  ever talked to on  APB who thinks of using this for favorable missions is you and I have been playing since a few weeks after the  G1 dev event years ago back in 2011.
I bring this up because it is are good, fair and honest idea!° ( And trust me there is a bunch of people who think the same way like me ) 

I had multible evenings where I had only to attack spots in first and that is because people use this option to have are advantage and it have to be fixed. 

And of Top of that like u said ''People regularly use /Abandonmission not for favorable missions but for favorable team members.'' it would not affect that.

Good idea!!!...
that means if you cancel a mission you should load the same mission again. Then you can not run away from a bad mission

I mean Crime de Crime is not are''bad mission'' it's are different mission and that is good!!! and it's good that she's different!!!

I do not want the mission changed because some people love this mission. 
And besides, I do not always want to play the same types of mission

Edited by TrashCan

8 hours ago, cream said:

I feel like removing /abandonmission is just a band-aid fix. They need to work on getting rid of round-about ways of abusing the system like punishing people for multiple abandons. Sometimes there's a legitimate reason to leave one game but when it becomes repetitive their obviously dodging.

What is wrong with dodging missions ?

10 hours ago, TrashCan said:

10 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

The only person that I have  ever talked to on  APB who thinks of using this for favorable missions is you and I have been playing since a few weeks after the  G1 dev event years ago back in 2011

In all these years why is it only you have said these claims to me? That is an opinion of yours that this happens a lot. I have seen no evidence of what you claim nor have you shown any of any kind.

10 hours ago, TrashCan said:

And of Top of that like u said ''People regularly use /Abandonmission not for favorable missions but for favorable team members.'' it would not affect that.

Removing /abandonmision is removing /abandonmission ......
Either it exists or it does not.
9 hours ago, TrashCan said:

I mean Crime de Crime is not are''bad mission'' it's are different mission and that is good!!! and it's good that she's different!!!

I do not want the mission changed because some people love this mission. 
And besides, I do not always want to play the same types of mission

Instead of forcing tk'ers down our throats because of your opinion of /abandonmission is bad from abuse that has not been shown I would suggest instead that you come up with new missions to  add to APB.
There is no reason to remove /abandonmission and force people to be stuck with tk'ers because you have an opinion that it is abused.
Which isn't abuse to begin with but just perfering one mission over another from what you said.

3 hours ago, -Dan- said:
tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:
  In all these years why is it only you have said these claims to me? That is an opinion of yours that this happens a lot. I have seen no evidence of what you claim nor have you shown any of any kind.
  Removing /abandonmision is removing /abandonmission ......
Either it exists or it does not. Instead of forcing tk'ers down our throats because of your opinion of /abandonmission is bad from abuse that has not been shown I would suggest instead that you come up with new missions to  add to APB.
There is no reason to remove /abandonmission and force people to be stuck with tk'ers because you have an opinion that it is abused.
Which isn't abuse to begin with but just perfering one mission over another from what you said.
I don't want wanna remove /abandonmission all i want is....

The command should have no influence on the missions,
that means if you cancel a mission you should load the same mission again. Then you can not run away from a ''bad mission'' (or mission u don't like)

Why u have are problem with this solution? It's just fair and good for everyone.

By TrashCan, Friday at 04:07 AM in Game & Forum Suggestions

Not what your thread is about 😕
That is why I said no it should not be removed *shrugs*

4 hours ago, -Dan- said:
13 hours ago, cream said:

I am not sure either.

41 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

By TrashCan, Friday at 04:07 AM in Game & Forum Suggestions

Not what your thread is about 😕
That is why I said no it should not be removed *shrugs*

I am not sure either.
5 hours ago, -Dan- said:
14 hours ago, cream said:

Should you just be able to dodge missions and players until you get a favorable situation? I don't understand not understanding. Name one competitive game that you can freely dodge in.

3 minutes ago, cream said:
Should you just be able to dodge missions and players until you get a favorable situation? I don't understand not understanding. Name one competitive game that you can freely dodge in.
I have left missions with a tk'er or if everyone else abandoned and was left with multiple objectives.
A 1 on 1 with multiple objectives is difficult to do when APB is made for team battles.

As for naming competitive games it is up for debate if APB is competitive or not on a different thread to begin with so I do not know how to answer properly.
But I can say this ; APB is not like other games which is why APB has lasted about a decade now since its creation.

Regardless of any of this though is the fact that people have the right to play for fun which is why anyone plays online games.
Removing /asbandonmission endangers people to be bullied , harassed  , or even stalked by tk'ers that they can not dodge otherwise so I must say no to this.

39 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:
I have left missions with a tk'er or if everyone else abandoned and was left with multiple objectives.
A 1 on 1 with multiple objectives is difficult to do when APB is made for team battles.

As for naming competitive games it is up for debate if APB is competitive or not on a different thread to begin with so I do not know how to answer properly.
But I can say this ; APB is not like other games which is why APB has lasted about a decade now since its creation.

Regardless of any of this though is the fact that people have the right to play for fun which is why anyone plays online games.
Removing /asbandonmission endangers people to be bullied , harassed  , or even stalked by tk'ers that they can not dodge otherwise so I must say no to this.
fair points, I also haven't played long enough to run into every situation you've mentioned so I'll take your word for it.

as far as competitive/casual goes I think the mission system is in such a bad gray middle ground in-between competitive and casual; for example I agree with you that casual players should be able to leave missions without punishment but I think the way people abuse it on a competitive level isn't okay.  APB needs ranked and unranked game modes whenever they fix the threat system, so they can balance out different rules.. with the current population it'll just segregate our small community even further though.. so I guess it'll have to wait. Edited by cream

All I know is Little Orbit is working on it all and that the changes they made has benefited us more than I expected in this short of time.
Well beyond any expectations since they barely bought APB in may and didn't settle in for about a month (they were setting up forums then which is a part of moving in but still work)

9 hours ago, cream said:
Is APB a competitive game?
Besides , /abandon only works in unopposed missions, and maybe I don't just don't want to play car missions or play with some low-ranked skrub

On 8/3/2018 at 10:33 AM, BrandonBranderson said:

I remember people saying that pledging to certain contacts gets you different missions, or reduces the frequency of harder ones.

this is correct, however it wont help if you get called into your opponents creme de la crime mission
  • Thanks 1