49 replies to this topic

Tokarr

Tokarr

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 07-June 11
So, I had APB on my computer for a few months, decided to update it and start it and it didn't want to run! I redownloaded the new physx as well and reinstalled it, uninstalling the old one. I have tried atleast every version of physx and my current.log is non existent so I don't know whats wrong :/.

That1Guyb4

That1Guyb4

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 497 posts
  • Joined 30-August 11
Your not the first with this problem and definitely wont be the last

I have it and there is still no known fix for it yet.
Posted Image

Tokarr

Tokarr

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 07-June 11
It sucks :/ like im not sure when this occurred, I was able to play months ago then I decided to update today and it won't work :(

That1Guyb4

That1Guyb4

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 497 posts
  • Joined 30-August 11

It sucks :/ like im not sure when this occurred, I was able to play months ago then I decided to update today and it won't work :(

the blame goes to the April 3rd patch
Posted Image

Tokarr

Tokarr

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 07-June 11
figures, I wonder when I will be able to play again >.<

Jericho

Jericho

Retired

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 5840 posts
  • Joined 19-June 09
Can you be more specific?

What occurs when it doesn't run? Any error messages? Where does it freeze / stall?

..less QQ more PEW PEW

Check out the Official APB Reloaded Facebook, and Youtube pages!
Play "Name That APB" on Twitter!

Tokarr

Tokarr

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 07-June 11
Nothing really, I just run APB through steam hit start on the launcher, and nothing happens. When I check the processes it gets to about 12k memory then just crashes. I tried to repair the launcher and that didn't get me anywhere, I tried to redownload the physx that didn't get me anywhere.

Skies

Skies

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Joined 20-December 10
There are a few threads about this.

None of us have any idea what's going on. With the friend having the problem we've reinstalled physx trying multiple versions, we've uninstalled and reinstalled everything in the TPI folder. We've upgraded and downgraded video drivers. We've tried every compatibility mode with and without administrator. We've tried launching from steam, we've uninstalled and reinstalled using gamersfirst live, we've wiped every trace of the game from the computer and tried a fresh install. Yes, we've even pressed 'repair' on the launcher. We've also reformatted.

Nothing has changed the issue.

Run the game from steam/g1live, wait for the launcher, press 'start' on the launcher - and nothing happens. The launcher goes away. Nothing comes up. No error, no message, absolutely nothing.
Joker

Enforcer - Skies
Criminal - Kharik

nirvanah

nirvanah

Initiate

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 25-June 12
Jericho, many people are having this problem. You go to the launcher and hit start, you get the windows spinning cursor for a few seconds and then nothing. Even if you watch task manager the game never launches. It has now been a week since the patch you guys implemented has caused this error, but yet we are not getting any info from the devs about what could be the problem, or even a basic acknowledgement that a problem exist. To be honest you are the first GM to even respond to a single one of our post(and there are many) regarding this problem in the last week and yet you act as if you had no idea what was going on and this is the first time you have heard of it? Asking us to be more specific? There have been over 100 post being extremely specific about this issue in the last week. Plain and simple, game does nothing after hitting start. No errors, nothing. Sorry if I am coming across rude, but it is frustrating that so many are having an issue, yet Gamers First(kind of ironic in this case) refuse to even acknowledge the problem in their forums. At least say we know about the issue and are working to resolve it and we are grateful for your patience.

Edited by nirvanah, 09 April 2013 - 06:58 PM.

nirvanah

nirvanah

Initiate

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 25-June 12

figures, I wonder when I will be able to play again >.<

Me too, been enjoying Blacklight Retribution, another F2P steam shooter thats actually fairly decent.

Tokarr

Tokarr

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 07-June 11
Yep this really sucks :/

Shadow565

Shadow565

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2238 posts
  • Joined 27-March 13
Have you guys tried running APB exe directly?, as long as your APB is upto date you'll be fine running it directly.
Try running as admin.

76561198028196914.png

I'm Australian and I get 300-400ms stable latency but I still manage to do alright

Skies

Skies

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Joined 20-December 10

Have you guys tried running APB exe directly?, as long as your APB is upto date you'll be fine running it directly.
Try running as admin.

Yes.

No dice.
Joker

Enforcer - Skies
Criminal - Kharik

Ryanc229

Ryanc229

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11
Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in? :troll_face:

but yeah, tried reinstalling?

Ryanc229 (Clanless) [Citadel EU] ~ Ryanc229UK (Midgard Inc) [Citadel EU]

Specs: CPU: i5 3570k 3.4GHz, RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz, GPU: MSI R9 390x

RkNYU7y.png

Tokarr

Tokarr

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 07-June 11
yep I tried reinstalling, redownloading, everything....

Skies

Skies

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Joined 20-December 10

Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in? :troll_face:

but yeah, tried reinstalling?

we've uninstalled and reinstalled using gamersfirst live, we've wiped every trace of the game from the computer and tried a fresh install. Yes, we've even pressed 'repair' on the launcher. We've also reformatted.

Joker

Enforcer - Skies
Criminal - Kharik

Corza!

Corza!

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2724 posts
  • Joined 04-November 12
Happened to me before quite randomly, try uninstalling and then reinstalling APB completely, that fixed mine.

Posted Image

Show off your IRL weapons! - Click

"Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." - Psalms 23:4

Check out my stream!

Twitch.tv/Corza351

nirvanah

nirvanah

Initiate

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 25-June 12

Happened to me before quite randomly, try uninstalling and then reinstalling APB completely, that fixed mine.

If you read the previous few post we have all tried that to no avail. I have wiped it completely from my computer 3 times, and re-downloaded it from both Steam and directly from Gamers First( steam 30 minutes, Gamers first 4 hours) and still nothing happens after you hit start on the launcher.

Funny how a day later after asking us to be more specific the GM has yet to respond to our post. Its like they dont even want to acknowledge there is a problem. Support responded 4 days I emailed them, telling me to disable anti-virus/firewall and to respond back if it worked or didnt, and that was Monday with no response.

Just an acknowledgement that an issue exist and that they are working on it would be nice

rad1ance

rad1ance

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Joined 09-March 11
I'm also having this problem. I've tried everything.

Jericho

Jericho

Retired

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 5840 posts
  • Joined 19-June 09
Hey guys, one of our GMs just ran it via steam and waited for 30 seconds and the game loaded just fine.

Can you please give the game up to a minute to load?

..less QQ more PEW PEW

Corza!

Corza!

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2724 posts
  • Joined 04-November 12
I've always started via 'Binaries' folder and never had a problem, try that?

Posted Image

"Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." - Psalms 23:4

Check out my stream!

Twitch.tv/Corza351

nirvanah

nirvanah

Initiate

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 25-June 12

Hey guys, one of our GMs just ran it via steam and waited for 30 seconds and the game loaded just fine.

been there done that.....no avail

Edited by nirvanah, 10 April 2013 - 05:39 PM.

Jericho

Jericho

Retired

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 5840 posts
  • Joined 19-June 09
Can you click on the Repair button and see if it fixes it for you.

..less QQ more PEW PEW

rad1ance

rad1ance

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Joined 09-March 11

I don't have it downloaded through Steam. I bought the disc a while back during all of the promotions. I've tried using the 'launch' button and I've tried launching it directly. Still a no-go. Any other suggestions?

rad1ance

rad1ance

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Joined 09-March 11
Repair didn't fix it.

Edited by rad1ance, 10 April 2013 - 05:44 PM.

nirvanah

nirvanah

Initiate

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 25-June 12

Did this also. None of this works. And for your earlier question its not just steams version, have also deleted steam and ran downloaded directly from your site.

Repair, wait for launch, disabling antivirus/firewall, rolling back video drivers, deleting/reinstalling....nothing is working. It is something in last weeks patch that is preventing a group of us from launching the game properly.

Mirii Chan

Mirii Chan

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Joined 16-August 12
What about GPU drivers? I know I had a very similar if not the same issue. I tried re-installing the game twice and no go. I then removed my GPU drivers, downloaded the latest up to date version from Nvidia and reinstalled game. This sorted the issue for me... just an idea.

rad1ance

rad1ance

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Joined 09-March 11

What about GPU drivers? I know I had a very similar if not the same issue. I tried re-installing the game twice and no go. I then removed my GPU drivers, downloaded the latest up to date version from Nvidia and reinstalled game. This sorted the issue for me... just an idea.

Nope, didn't work.

nirvanah

nirvanah

Initiate

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 25-June 12
Several of us have tried that also, but no go. Thanks for offering a suggestion though.

Jericho

Jericho

Retired

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 5840 posts
  • Joined 19-June 09
Are you running Windows 8?

..less QQ more PEW PEW

rad1ance

rad1ance

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Joined 09-March 11
I'm on 7.

Skies

Skies

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Joined 20-December 10

I appreciate the attempt but this response can't be serious. You are assuming that after pressing start we are waiting for a whole millisecond before going into our process explorer and killing the process and coming here to complain the game won't start?

We have waited hours.

As stated previously we have, in fact, attempted the repair button. Multiple times.

What about GPU drivers?

Yeah.. tried the latest, tried rolling back a couple, nothing. Zilch.

Are you running Windows 8?

7. 64bit, yes.
Joker

Enforcer - Skies
Criminal - Kharik

Tokarr

Tokarr

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 07-June 11

The game doesn't even load, when you hit start on steam it opens the launcher, then you hit start on the launcher and I gave it a good five minutes and nothing came up.

nirvanah

nirvanah

Initiate

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 25-June 12
It has to do something with Graphics I am assuming but dont know what. I just gave it one more shot before going to bed, this time the little box came up and screen went black like it was going to load and got my hopes up then right back to my desktop..Hopes crushed. It has done this twice out of the 500 times i have tried to launch in the last week, once it even loaded up to the gamer first logo screen, then just froze. I dont know anymore, hopefully the devs can tinker with some of the things they did in the last patch and give us a new patch to try to fix it.

Corza!

Corza!

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2724 posts
  • Joined 04-November 12
A: When was it last working?
B: Did you get any new hardware/software, maybe even a new router before it stopped working?
C: Can you post a video of what happens please.

Posted Image

Check out my stream!

Twitch.tv/Corza351

counticar

counticar

Initiate

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 29-December 11
hey now it stops at updating for me too. played just a few hours ago but had some work to do and closed . now that im done and wanted to play ... oh my! and didnt change anything at the pc just suddenly doesnt start. and it happend once in 2012 too. waited a 1-2 months and suddenly started to work again.

GWB13

GWB13

Initiate

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 08-April 13

Me too, been enjoying Blacklight Retribution, another F2P steam shooter thats actually fairly decent.

lol Blacklight Retribution, $15 for a silencer $20 for a rifle WAY to over priced

Skies

Skies

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Joined 20-December 10

A: When was it last working?
B: Did you get any new hardware/software, maybe even a new router before it stopped working?
C: Can you post a video of what happens please.

A: The night before the april 3rd patch.
B: No. No new hardware. No software updates either except for apb.
C: Unfortunately no, I cannot get a video for you, but imagine this. You open steam, (or gamersfirst live!) and you open the APB launcher. You look at the shiny weapon advertisement for a moment while you wait for the Start button to become clickable, and you click it! Then the launcher closes, as usual. But then nothing else happens. The game doesn't start. You wait. You figure hey it's probably just taking a minute. Maybe you get up and go to the bathroom, figure it'll be up when you get back. Nope! No game.

Then you try again, figure it's a fluke. Nah. No game. Repeat for a week.
Joker

Enforcer - Skies
Criminal - Kharik

CrimsonGirl

CrimsonGirl

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 10-April 13
i had same issue since april patch and i gave up till today !!! i just changed my VGA driver and it fixed , whatever it is ! its coz of VGA , hope u all find way to fix and see u all ingame , cheers :elephantdance:

Edited by CrimsonGirl, 11 April 2013 - 09:14 AM.

Jericho

Jericho

Retired

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 5840 posts
  • Joined 19-June 09
Good to hear, CrimsonGirl, can you be more specific on what driver that was?

Everyone else, please submit your launcher logs to customer service.

\Launcher\Launcher.log*

The CS team will then forward it to the techs where they can further analyze what is going on.

..less QQ more PEW PEW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users