tazl

Seems a decent game

Greetings.
I just signed up and had a few games. In my second game my team mate ran in to my grenade and started hurling abuse then kicked me a few minutes later. I was also fighting much higher level players. Is it a good idea not to use grenades and Is this par for the course in APB?  

• Like 1

Grenades very much need to be used. Your teammate was just a dickhead but try to take some care when throwing them.

Fighting higher level people is just a thing at the moment. Matchmaking takes threat level / elo into account (Bronze, Silver, Gold) not their actual level of progression (Rxxx).
If matchmaking can't find players of sufficient ELO to oppose each other, the boundaries expand and people of higher/lower elo will be called in with the option of either team being able to call in backup.
I suggest you try to join a district that is 1 threat level below you, so if you're Silver, join a bronze district. Because most golds in this game don't play in their intended district, they join silver instead and so on.
Matchmaking and threat/elo are on the table to be reworked in the future because it is pretty bad for new players at the moment.

Edited by Shini
  • Like 3

Grenades are a decent fiture to rip everything apart, but they can also cause u getting kicked by random teammates 🙂

Welcome to apb.Bear in mind that matchmaking is broken and theres a lot of frustrated people in this game because of many reasons so expect tons of crap like that.Things will get better in future..

Edited by BingoBookBG

always
use
nades

if you die while still having nades left, you may have done goofed

always use your nades bro. always

Which server do u play on? 😄 add me and i can explain u how some things works im NIKOLAY96 on game too

You know how nades make that lovely bleeping sound? Unless its perc of course but they suck, in most scenarios. That's the sound that told your teammate to get the hell out of there. You can't be blamed for that.

13 minutes ago, NIKOLAY96 said:

Which server do u play on? 😄 add me and i can explain u how some things works im NIKOLAY96 on game too

Please put your shirt on. This is a Christian forum.

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
17 minutes ago, NIKOLAY96 said:

Please put your shirt on. This is a Christian forum.
Same goes for you pal, fuzzy lion manes + chest hair sprinkled all over the forums ye know. You can put a scarf around your neck and still be neket so don't give me any of that crap and put on your sunday morning dress shoes and shirt young mayn. Edited by Slickmund

This team mate of yours wouldn't happen to have a name which started with "Y" and ended with "D"? 

You did nothing wrong, it is not the grenade's fault the bad player ran into it, but you will unfortunately run into players who get really upset when you remind them of how bad they play.

welcome to the meat grinder

Welcome to APB 🙂 

Don't worry about it, your teammate was just an idiot.  Fighting higher level players is just something you're gonna have to put up with until they revamp the matchmaking after they release the engine upgrade.  Don't be fooled though, unlike other MMOs being higher level doesn't put them at a significant advantage over you other than pure skill and experience.  They may have more modifications and weapons unlocked,  but they still have the same health and the weapons are in a somewhat balanced state right now, so the f2p guns are basically the same as the cash shop guns as far as balance goes.   Most of them are reskins of the free weapons anyway.  Also don't let the trash talking phase you.

• Like 1

if you’d like more in depth information/stats i recommend apbdbv2, while not all of the info is present (a lot of guns use curves for recoil/effective range which are best represented visually rather than textually), it should help you make more informed choices about how to play certain weapons

use your nade... even if you get killed it can still stay and maybe kill your enemy after you die

9 hours ago, tazl said:

Greetings.
I just signed up and had a few games. In my second game my team mate ran in to my grenade and started hurling abuse then kicked me a few minutes later. I was also fighting much higher level players. Is it a good idea not to use grenades and Is this par for the course in APB?  

Person on your team was being a banana. Teamkilling by accident can and frequently does happen.

Grenades are useful in so many ways, just keep practicing.

Accidental team kills happen.
For a reaction like that your team mate was probably frustrated or just a jerk to begin with.
Most players are not as unforgiving as that one was.

What server do you play on? Citadel? Jericho?
The people on this thread can mostly be trusted to be patient and show you the ropes.
That guy with the shirt off though......yeah um......be careful with him. *walks away slowly*

Welp, after playing some more i've enjoyed the games i've played where i was matched equally. A lot of the times i've felt like i'm being farmed by veteran players and it was quite frustrating.

1 hour ago, tazl said:

Welp, after playing some more i've enjoyed the games i've played where i was matched equally. A lot of the times i've felt like i'm being farmed by veteran players and it was quite frustrating.

APB is a game with a steep learning curve, I've been playing for years and I'm still awful, try to play in a district one threat below yours. it's what pretty much everyone does so you will be more likely to play against similarly skilled opponents.  good luck!

5 hours ago, tazl said:

LO said dat will find matchmaking solution after 3.5 so idk what to say..