Sign in to follow this  
killerskull

[Forum] Suggestions

Hi there team and everyone, so far its going great. Here are my suggestions

1) Please separate the game and forum suggestions. The game suggestion need their own board.

2) Please come up with a guideline for signatures. Are gifs allowed? What is the max size a jpg or a gif can be? The previous forum had good rules. Im already seeing oversized signatures that are making the forum look ugly and you just have to scroll more. How many lines of txt allowed? I like to 3 to 5 line rule, size 12 max or whatever.

3) Please remove downvotes. All it does is bring in trolling and a negative atmosphere. You want to express your opinion but some kid doesnt like it? Downvote. You post a fact, downvote. Where there is only upvote, its better. 

EDIT: 4) Im not seeing any language rules in the Forum rules. Im assuming this is a child friendly forum? As in, no swearing and what not like before?

Edited by killerskull

For number two, when you go to edit your signature, you get those rules. Pic:

i052618610.png

For number four, the COC says nothing about cursing, however words are still being censored.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

It is literally where you put in your signature?

3 hours ago, notMateo said:

For number two, when you go to edit your signature, you get those rules. Pic:

For number four, the COC says nothing about cursing, however words are still being censored.

Thank you both, since I havent uploaded a sig I didnt see it. I was going at the top of the page to read the Forum rules and didnt find it there. This works. Thanks.

• Like 1

I figured instead of creating a new thread, this thread would be more appropriate.

In the old forum, when creating a post, either new or a responce,

you had the option to "Preview" your post.  (preview what others would see)

Is this feature needed here, and if needed,  possible to add ?

Thanks

7 hours ago, killerskull said:

1) Please separate the game and forum suggestions. The game suggestion need their own board.

I support this. It is odd to browse the suggestions section as it is right now.

7 hours ago, killerskull said:

2) Please come up with a guideline for signatures. Are gifs allowed? What is the max size a jpg or a gif can be? The previous forum had good rules. Im already seeing oversized signatures that are making the forum look ugly and you just have to scroll more. How many lines of txt allowed? I like to 3 to 5 line rule, size 12 max or whatever.

Says the guy with no signature, that explains it all.   (Joking, I see they already answered that)

1 hour ago, Westford said:

In the old forum, when creating a post, either new or a responce,

you had the option to "Preview" your post.  (preview what others would see)

I noticed the same and my first post in the new forums was exactly regarding that, hope they add it eventually.

Also I wonder if we could have an option to save a draft of our threads before posting. It would be useful because sometimes we are asking other players about some info or opinions about some stuff and we might want to hold a thread for a while before we post it but we might have already plenty of formatting on an specific thread we are creating and it is a shame to have to dismiss it all because we'll be posting some other day let's say.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Salvick said:

I support this. It is odd to browse the suggestions section as it is right now.

Says the guy with no signature, that explains it all.   (Joking, I see they already answered that)

I noticed the same and my first post in the new forums was exactly regarding that, hope they add it eventually.

Also I wonder if we could have an option to save a draft of our threads before posting. It would be useful because sometimes we are asking other players about some info or opinions about some stuff and we might want to hold a thread for a while before we post it but we might have already plenty of formatting on an specific thread we are creating and it is a shame to have to dismiss it all because we'll be posting some other day let's say.

Saving a draft.......yes.

Oh,,,, another option would be fantabulios. ..

Unless I have not yet uncovered all of the New Forum Features. 

The ability to search "by members name"

This feature was available on the old forum, kind of nice.

Edited by Westford

On 5/26/2018 at 12:00 PM, killerskull said:

Hi there team and everyone, so far its going great. Here are my suggestions

3) Please remove downvotes. All it does is bring in trolling and a negative atmosphere. You want to express your opinion but some kid doesnt like it? Downvote. You post a fact, downvote. Where there is only upvote, its better. 

EDIT: 4) Im not seeing any language rules in the Forum rules. Im assuming this is a child friendly forum? As in, no swearing and what not like before?

1) I'm currently making these.

2) Guidelines are posted where you made your sign. No gifs allowed.

3) Downvotes don't go negative anymore.

4) This is PG13. However, you can say the f word.

On 5/26/2018 at 9:00 PM, killerskull said:

Honestly, I don't think it's so much as being child-friendly, more so being able to have actual civil discussions

On 5/30/2018 at 8:12 PM, Lixil said:

1) I'm currently making these.

It's a little bit messy at the moment, where people are still posting in "Game & Forum Suggestions" head forum, and only a small amount of posts have been moved to the corresponding sub-forums. This makes it seem like you can go to the head forum to view all posts, but instead end up missing out on topics that have already been moved. I'd suggest disabling the ability to make any new posts in the head forum, find and move the topics for forum suggestions, and then move the remaining ones to the game suggestions board.

Not sure what could be done to make it less tedious having to go through 800 topics.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 6:32 PM, Dopefish said:

It's a little bit messy at the moment, where people are still posting in "Game & Forum Suggestions" head forum, and only a small amount of posts have been moved to the corresponding sub-forums. This makes it seem like you can go to the head forum to view all posts, but instead end up missing out on topics that have already been moved. I'd suggest disabling the ability to make any new posts in the head forum, find and move the topics for forum suggestions, and then move the remaining ones to the game suggestions board.

Not sure what could be done to make it less tedious having to go through 800 topics.

@Lixil People are still able to post in "Game & Forum Suggestions" head forum, which means suggestions are being spread between that forum and their subsections. This will only become more of an issue for the longer it persist. Maybe the easiest would be to remove the sub sections again, and just move all posts to the head forum? There's not really that many forum specific suggestions to justify it having its own suggestion.