SurvivalDistrict

Kids who run with objectives

Wow this thread is still a thing?
The thread poster was salty over someone running.....

I still do not see how hard it is to gt a vegas and ALIG for a easy way to counter but instead  I am seeing posts of "its broken change it" yet it is not broken especially with how many players have fast enough cars of their won to keep up with even a npc vegas.
I can understand that people hate runners It's annoying but that doesn't mean we should make the cars worse to the point that some are unable to drive.
Who would want to play a game driving a car at 5 mph when ops can catch up  easily? And yes some would do that speed if not slower.
Real bad idea.

The cars were already nerfed to where some barely drive with a V.I.P or capture objective so why make it unplayable?

• Thanks 1

This is why I recommend to new players to pick the alig for their free tutorial gun. 

The only real problem with running is the decreased cool down on nos when you're premium.  That starts to dip into the p2w bucket, that you can use 2x as much as the non premium players.

Just now, SuperFuzz said:

This is why I recommend to new players to pick the alig for their free tutorial gun. 

The only real problem with running is the decreased cool down on nos when you're premium.  That starts to dip into the p2w bucket, that you can use 2x as much as the non premium players.

If someones aim is that terrible with an ALIG to go through all those bullets in 4 minutes then they can sit on top of an ammo mod vehicle and they would still lose.
Can't kill what you can't hit. *shrugs*

8 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:
If someones aim is that terrible with an ALIG to go through all those bullets in 4 minutes then they can sit on top of an ammo mod vehicle and they would still lose.
In that case the problem isn't the act of someone running.  The problem lies with the aim of that individual.

22 minutes ago, SuperFuzz said:
39 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:
In that case the problem isn't the act of someone running.  The problem lies with the aim of that individual.
And that is a core reason why those of us who say no to nerfing the cars more are saying to gab anti vehicle weapons and just kill them.
Which is why a lot of people reply "get good"  in one form or another *shrugs*

I don't know if its mention but what about ppl using blowtorch for the Armor Truck.Its 2vs2 you have a silver in ur team against 2 golds they running and fixing that Truck all the time until you start shooting to them and they run away...

On 8/3/2018 at 8:59 PM, Triksterism said:
  • Cars slow over time with a hold item in their cargo, coming to a halt after 30 seconds. Team in control cant touch the item for 3-5 seconds after the 'stop' occurs (to prevent 'hot potatoing')
  • Players cant spawn in a vehicle with car spawner IF the vehicle is moving AND it has the hold item in it
  • Blow torch effectiveness reduced by 25-50% while hold item is in the vehicle AND/OR blow torch effectiveness is reduced when hanging out of the window/riding on the roof.
These only fight the symptoms of inherently bad gameplay-design.

On 8/2/2018 at 7:26 PM, SpeedyCat said:

There is nothing that must or can more be balanced here, its a given thing and if enemys must run, then they know mostly you are better than those.

Take a anti vehicle wapon, a fast car and chase them...
Exactly and you can get permanent ALIG from tutorial.
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Toolmaker said:

I don't know if its mention but what about ppl using blowtorch for the Armor Truck.Its 2vs2 you have a silver in ur team against 2 golds they running and fixing that Truck all the time until you start shooting to them and they run away...

if you're shooting a vehicle with AV weapons and they are repairing the vehicle faster then you or your teammate is dealing damage then both of you need to aim better. in a 2v2 1 person is driving the other is shooting or repairing. if the runners are just repairing then the shooter for the chasers would over power them since 1 person cant repair faster then the shooter hitting their vehicle.  Edited by tengokukishi

7 minutes ago, tengokukishi said:
if you're shooting a vehicle with AV weapons and they are repairing the vehicle faster then you or your teammate is dealing damage then both of you need to aim better. in a 2v2 1 person is driving the other is shooting or repairing. if the runners are just repairing then the shooter for the chasers would over power them since 1 person cant repair faster then the shooter hitting their vehicle. 
blowtorch is fast enough to counter alig and dmr av iirc

47 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
55 minutes ago, tengokukishi said:
if you're shooting a vehicle with AV weapons and they are repairing the vehicle faster then you or your teammate is dealing damage then both of you need to aim better. in a 2v2 1 person is driving the other is shooting or repairing. if the runners are just repairing then the shooter for the chasers would over power them since 1 person cant repair faster then the shooter hitting their vehicle. 
blowtorch is fast enough to counter alig and dmr av iirc
Not if they know how to aim and remove the blowtorch from the equation  - kill the torch guy
It's doable.

The only moment I'm slightly annoyed at a running enemy is if there's a minute left on the clock during a takeouts stage.
So there's not enough time to swap weapons and start chasing but y'know they were *technically* winning already by being ahead in kills so whatever.

Other times I've been called out for camping with an item or as VIP.
When they finally got us off the spot we started driving and got called out for doing that so yknow.

Some people are just salty.

Their definition of fair seems to be "give me the item" or "let me kill you" but that's not how shit works.
Apparently the only way to fight with honor is to drop the item (or, as VIP, stand) in the middle of the street and fight it out there.

While this can be a truly frustrating way to lose, players that do this don't win very many missions, nor do such tactics make them better players.

Triksterism brought up the idea that running with items, at least, would gradually increase the speed penalty.  That way you can maybe go 100m-200m if you want to relocate, but try to go further and you slow to a crawl, no matter what car you're in.