SurvivalDistrict

Kids who run with objectives

While it is an irritating thing to go against, I don't think it anything should be made to change it. It's a viable option and part of the game for a reason. Like someone mentioned above how is it any different from just camping or putting it in a really annoying spot? They're using what the game allows to their advantage. It's a non-issue, a very enraging one at times but a non-issue nonetheless. I can understand why newer players or those who aren't very good use it as an option....though talk to me about the 255 ranks who suspiciously always seem to be BR and I'll burst a blood vessel. 

Though that being said, then I'm not sure why the VIP is slowed down while in a car then since the game encourages chase missions to a degree now that I think of it. 

Edited by Teawing

just something you have to deal with

5 minutes ago, Nessie said:

Since when running with the objective is any different than camping it? I mean it's all part of the game. Just because you dislike having to change location from your favourite camping spot, it doesn't mean it is unbalanced.

There are even missions where the opposition has to take the objective and drive it around the city, heck, you can't tell me those are any different.
Play the game as it is supposed to be and quit whining like a kid.

Yes. If I recall vehicles do accelerate slower when a mission objective is being transported. 

Tactics can combat runners. Car surfer + Case KO and your fucked. Choice is yours thereafter if you want to stoop to their level and utilize the same tactic. 

Also lets consider the % of missions that have these sorts of endings. Do we really need to spend time to fix something that IMO isnt broke because some butthurt dude who lost a mission?? 

Uggghhh crybabies...

• Like 1

Is it bad that I'm LMAO over how I was polite and nice about this and I was  downvoted yet others are at best blunt and/or rude and you guys took it?
I spit my drink everywhere laughing when I noticed this.

Edited by Fortune Runner

1 hour ago, SpeedyCat said:

There is nothing that must or can more be balanced here, its a given thing and if enemys must run, then they know mostly you are better than those.

Take a anti vehicle wapon, a fast car and chase them...
would be sad if the kid has surf while you don't and is under 195 🤔

Just now, Keshi said:
Joker tickets lets anyone have car surfer for a week I believe so anyone can if they work for it.

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:
3 minutes ago, Keshi said:
Joker tickets lets anyone have car surfer for a week I believe so anyone can if they work for it.
7days goes by so fast...mine got expired last night and have 165JT...aint got time for fightclub since i only play 2hours a day

Not saying running is bad, its just 80% of the matches where the enemy runs with it, you don't have the chance to get it back for example a 7v7 match, jese its intense , i had a volcano and several times i destroyed their cars that they were running with their objective , however there were too many to even counter, they keep coming putting it back into another car and run away..... not to mentions the monkeys we have on our team and the gods they have..... even in a freaking bronze district there was no chance for me to get it back.... some missions in game are just straight aids.... that is directly influenced by the matchmaking.

i've been playing since 2012 so i know how to counter that some of the time, but most of the time its simply impossible. one match there were 3 vehicles one with the objective and 2 behind it that had 2 bugs on top with one osmaw and the other one alig.... how the hell do you counter that if you can't even get close to it with a vehicle, and if you try to hit it up from the front you die so fast...

Edited by SurvivalDistrict

2 hours ago, SpeedyCat said:

There is nothing that must or can more be balanced here, its a given thing and if enemys must run, then they know mostly you are better than those.

Take a anti vehicle wapon, a fast car and chase them...

While I do think holding an objective in a vehicle is a great idea, and a great strategy, imo, while "running" isn't bad, it's partly due to matchmaking.
Running in a broken 1v1 match is annoying, ruins the experience, and downright tiresome.

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:
Was the objective an item meant for a team point location?
Was it a suitcase to just  play keep away with?
Was it the armored car to play keep away with?

If it's meant to turn in to a location to get points                      - I can understand to a point on your post.
If it's a suitcase to play keep away with                                     - They are doing their job properly
If it is the armored car to  play keep away with                         - They are doing their job properly

In any case grab a vegas and something to kill cars with like an OPGL or an ALIG

Pretty much what Fortune says.

My only issue with running is when your game is a 1v1. Fix that, and you fix running. APB is a team game, there should be no reason to have a one on one match.

2 hours ago, Snubnose said:

just disable the ability to put / take it into a car...

No, never. If you put an objective in a personal vehicle, your opponent cannot access them. (like you lock it in your car's trunk) your opponents don't have the key, why should they be able to have access?

Plus, it's a smart way to prolong them taking the objectives if you die.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

The worst is when you are playing solo and one of your teamnates starts running and then you have to get in chat and try to convince people that it wasnt your call and no you dont condone running. 

That is a bit bothersome.

1 hour ago, Excalibur! said:

Yes, we need to nerf people running with items.
If you run more than 20m with the item it will return to your enemy.

No.

3 minutes ago, SurvivalDistrict said:

Not saying running is bad, its just 80% of the matches where the enemy runs with it, you don't have the chance to get it back for example a 7v7 match, jese its intense , i had a volcano and several times i destroyed their cars that they were running with their objective , however there were too many to even counter, they keep coming putting it back into another car and run away..... not to mentions the monkeys we have on our team and the gods they have..... even in a freaking bronze district there was no chance for me to get it back.... some missions in game are just straight aids.... that is directly influenced by the matchmaking.

i've been playing since 2012 so i know how to counter that some of the time, but most of the time its simply impossible. one match there were 3 vehicles one with the objective and 2 behind it that had 2 bugs on top with one osmaw and the other one alig.... how the hell do you counter that if you can't even get close to it with a vehicle, and if you try to hit it up from the front you die so fast...

It's actually better in larger matches, because you can (and should) coordinate with your team.
What if your team had some people in front, and some in back of the runners, then you use Aligs to destroy the vehicle with the running obj.
I feel that part of the reason that running is still viable, is that when you're following another vehicle, some running vehicles get a less significant advantage over others. imo, make each car drive as slow as a Calibria, at least then they can defend, but still drive away.

Just now, Sergsininia said:

While I do think holding an objective in a vehicle is a great idea, and a great strategy, imo, while "running" isn't bad, it's partly due to matchmaking.
Running in a broken 1v1 match is annoying, ruins the experience, and downright tiresome.

Pretty much what Fortune says.

My only issue with running is when your game is a 1v1. Fix that, and you fix running. APB is a team game, there should be no reason to have a one on one match.

No, never. If you put an objective in a personal vehicle, your opponent cannot access them. (like you lock it in your car's trunk) your opponents don't have the key, why should they be able to have access?

That is a bit bothersome.

No.

It's actually better in larger matches, because you can (and should) coordinate with your team.
What if your team had some people in front, and some in back of the runners, then you use Aligs to destroy the vehicle with the running obj.
I feel that part of the reason that running is still viable, is that when you're following another vehicle, some running vehicles get a less significant advantage over others. imo, make each car drive as slow as a Calibria, at least then they can defend, but still drive away.
Yes running while 1 on 1 is annoying but that when  I pull out anything to kill cars then try to take it and if I do I then go to a spot to camp to really annoy them.
You can either camp somehow or run somehow that is about it.
I do not tend to run unless outgunned by poor matchmaking however I do like to relocate to better team spots for us if we are outgunned.

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:
Yes running while 1 on 1 is annoying but that when  I pull out anything to kill cars then try to take it and if I do I then go to a spot to camp to really annoy them.
You can either camp somehow or run somehow that is about it.
I do not tend to run unless outgunned by poor matchmaking however I do like to relocate to better team spots for us if we are outgunned.

I feel like maybe each mission type needs a few fine changes.
Same, I don't like running either, usually just relocating for a different hold. But that doesn't stop people from running when they take ti from me.

And personally, I don't care about running if it's a team match, as the game is designed around it. It's when I have a 1 v 1 mission that I get pissed off.

I love when people run from me with objectives.

Not sarcasm. There's a very high chance of my opponents being better at shooting than I am. There's a significantly lower chance of my opponents being a better driver than I am. The most annoying thing is when enemies act like they're being honorable when they refuse to drive with an item, as though denying me my favorite part of the game is doing me some kind of service.

If you can't drive well or don't know how to navigate the streets in such a way as to intersect fleeing opposition, then it may make you feel helpless when opponents choose this tactic. Understand that these are actual skills you can develop, and rather than try to eliminate an entire style of play, consider actually developing these skills.

To you, this may be a shooting game that has cars. For me, it's a driving game that has guns.

• Like 2

Kids that call other people kids.

in all honestly though, can't you guys sorta predict when your opp is gonna run with the item? i do sometimes, maybe because i know them or just by the way they played the previous stages (if i can remember the mission and its last stage that is) and prepare for it.
of course it's annoying and often times i don't even bother chasing them

1 minute ago, gogol said:

often times i don't even bother chasing them

Same... running is just boring.
Its not about honor or anything with me, its just boring af.
So when opp runs, unless its like someone I know and REALLY dont want to lose to, I'll just type something like "lol running" in /d and go make a sandwich.
It amuses me to think of them sweatily driving around for however long with no one chasing them.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, gogol said:

in all honestly though, can't you guys sorta predict when your opp is gonna run with the item? i do sometimes, maybe because i know them or just by the way they played the previous stages (if i can remember the mission and its last stage that is) and prepare for it.
of course it's annoying and often times i don't even bother chasing them

Me and my friends also just stop fighting the opposition and start to mess around when the other team runs with an objective. Nothing fun about it especially when you're at the point where you don't care if you win or lose at APB.
I've also noticed from my experience that a lot of people who run also complain and make fun of others for running when they're the ones being run from which is just mind boggling.

But yeah. Like Cookie said, letting your opp waste their time driving in circles around a fictional city while you go do other things is a great way to deal with people who run. They're staring at their screen mindlessly driving around while you can go take a short break or eat some bomb spaghetti whatever.
  • Like 1

Lowering the vehicle health while the item is in any vehicle would be a viable option without nerfing everything else.

You know, if you let them run, they're going to win eventually. That's a strategy. And strategies are made to make the good guys win and the bad guys lose.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

I wasn't talking about personal vehicles. I mean vehicles in general.

4 hours ago, Triksterism said:

Easiest solution of all: The longer you drive with the item, the slower you go. So, after 30s of non-stop driving with an item, you car comes to a halt. You might be able to exploit that by 'hot potatoing' the item between cars, but maybe throw a cooldown (of 5-10 sec) on being able to pull the item out of the trunk / touch it (if you currently 'control' it).

I actually like this idea a lot.

I've always thought 'just give task items the VIP vehicle speed' but then I realised just how often a task item spawns in a real crap spot.
This would make driving around the map in a pioneer much less appealing and would still allow for item relocation.

Just now, UpholdThePeace said:
I actually like this idea a lot.

I've always thought 'just give task items the VIP vehicle speed' but then I realised just how often a task item spawns in a real crap spot.
This would make driving around the map in a pioneer much less appealing and would still allow for item relocation.
Then you get stuck with the ghetto pinto car and its game over for the same reason.... no not a good  idea

Don't forget that there are a lot of people who play solo , meaning communication is hard. not to mention some times you have monkeys in your team and not human beings..... most of the time there is no coordination whatsoever anyone does whatever he wants to do, and doesn't give two shits. you gotta put solo players into the perspective as well cause all that is up your mind is assuming there is a Olympics team against another Olympics team.... 

also not to mention groups of the same clan is cancer.... against solo players....  two players of the same clan and then you have randoms, that's fine but when you have a full group of the same clan , and then monkeys on the other side where is the fun in this?whenever i get into such a match i don't care i'll sit 800m away from the objective stealing cars instead....

4 hours ago, wibsey said:

Kids that call other people kids.

says the kid himself...

The second I read "kid" I just assumed this was just a rage thread.

Running is like dethreating, if you don't think its a scummy move, you probably do it yourself. ;-)

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:
It amuses me to think of them sweatily driving around for however long with no one chasing them.
tenor.gif Edited by KnifuWaifu
you owe me so many seat cushions