HK33E

APB Deserves a Complete Weapons and Weapon Mods Revamp

APB needs to get the weapons re-vamped, at least some of'em. And add to the list some Weapon Mods TOO...
"Maverick, what do you have in mind? Enlight us with your knowledge." :v

Call me crazy or high and even both...

Regarding some Weapons:

Assault Rifles: STAR, N-TEC (And re-skins)

Decrease the Default Magazine Capacity: 32 ---> 30
Increase the Ammo in reserve: 128 ---> 150

Semi-Auto Rifles: Obeya CR762 (And re-skins)

Increase the Default Magazine Capacity: 15 ---> 20

Ammo Pool should remain unchanged.

Regarding some Weapon Mods:

Magazine Pull (In general):

Default Values.
- Decreases reload time by -40%

- Decreases magazine capacity by -25%

What can be Added:
- Removed ammo from magazine is added to the Ammo Pool

Improved Rifling (Level 3): Be enhanced.

Default Values.
- Increases effective range by +7m
- Increases maximum reticle bloom substantially

What can be Done:
- +7m ---> +10m

Cooling Jacket (Level 3): Be enhanced.

Default Values.
- Increases Fire Rate by +7%
- Increases Accuracy Bloom substantially
- Increases Shotgun Spread substantially

What can be Done:
- +7% ---> +10%

THAT'S ALL FOLKS.

Edited by Maverick13

How about instead we start giving players better accurate stats for each weapon and mod, instead of obscure percentages and estimations? The game puts new players already at enough disadvantage...

• Like 1

No those are some little things that will either break the game or be useless..

Although I can't say anything until it will be tested I'd rather have a look at individual weapons like say..

Hvr (Something needs to be done to balance it's use),Yukon which is too OP in cqc..

Also take a look at some of the most underused weapons like the DMR which needs more purpose in actual fights.

There can be a lot of small and big changes to the weapons but I don't think modifications need a lot of change..

18 hours ago, Maverick13 said:

Magazine Pull:

What can be Added:
- Removed ammo from magazine is added to the Ammo Pool

Umm? You only add the missing bullets from your ammo pool to the "magazine" already.

18 hours ago, Maverick13 said:

Improved Rifling (Level 3): Be enhanced.

What can be Done:
- +7m ---> +10m

Cooling Jacket (Level 3): Be enhanced.

What can be Done:
- +7% ---> +10%

Don't really like the idea of rank 3 mods getting a bigger increase, compared to the jump from a Rank 1 mod to Rank 2.

Could kill any real merit to using lower rank mods.

I also don't think it's something the game currently needs.

I agree with none of this.

NTEC is the only one on your list I'd be even willing to discuss, mainly since it's so vastly overused over other alternatives due to it's immense flexibility to be jack of all trades.

the obeya does not need any kind of buff are you high?

25 minutes ago, Luminesca said:

Everything besides HVR is fine.

Your head is in the clouds, SWARM, Adeen, Oblivion, ISSR-A etc. No those weapons are not "fine" what does that even mean. I think people have gotten too use to the game feeling the same that they can't even consider it any other way. The benefit I hope of having Little Orbit at the helm is that we have now a dedicated team behind the game who can retroactively adjust a gun if they buff or nerf something too heavily. 

If the ISRB Coroner immediately became a godly gun over one patch that's fine too, as long as Little Orbit are willing to find some better place for it and fix it. As soon as the dust has settled and the most important things are out of the way, hopefully we'll see some consistent adjustments to balance, time to get people back on the bike.

Edited by AgentWatson

yeah and this is why a majority of the community shouldn't be entitled to even talk about weapon balancing, and not even think about changing up weapon mods.

46 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

the obeya does not need any kind of buff are you high?

"Call me crazy or high and even both..."

1 hour ago, Chinook said:

I agree with none of this.

NTEC is the only one on your list I'd be even willing to discuss, mainly since it's so vastly overused over other alternatives due to it's immense flexibility to be jack of all trades.

Well... If they return N-TEC to it's original spec will be fine. This lack of accuracy in weapon stats is annoying. (In both weapons and vehicles tbh)

26 minutes ago, 悲しい春 said:

yeah and this is why a majority of the community shouldn't be entitled to even talk about weapon balancing, and not even think about changing up weapon mods.

Englinghten the path for us then... I gave my opinion, talk about yours. Simple.

1 minute ago, Maverick13 said:

Englinghten the path for us then... I gave my opinion, talk about yours. Simple.

Use the multiquote button

8zF4AyP.gif

Just now, Knite said:

Use the multiquote button

8zF4AyP.gif

I forgot about the existence of Multi Quote... Sorry. :v

3 minutes ago, Maverick13 said:

I forgot about the existence of Multi Quote... Sorry. :v

0AzwClq.gif

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Maverick13 said:

Yes, you're right. I'm sorry for being impolite and a douche. My response was too harsh and I didn't read through your post properly.

What caught my attention instantly was your proposed Cooling Jacket change which would most definitely break stuff more than it would fix it.

The proposed ammo changes are fine but unnecessary honestly, the Improved Rifling change is, well, a buff but not sure how that would translate in practice.

I'd like to add, balancing weapon mods is a extremely complex process. Especially with the wide variety of weapons and mods this game has. One can touch a certain mod and alter it slightly, making one gun or a set of guns completely broken or just stronger than anything else. There's a huge thread on weapon balancing, check out the opinions there.

IMO, balancing weapons and then the mods would result in a better overall gun play. As I've mentioned numerious times in the huge thread, a test district is more than necessary for this.

Edited by 悲しい春
  • Like 1

Just now, 悲しい春 said:

Yes, you're right. I'm sorry for being impolite and a douche. My response was too harsh and I didn't read through your post properly.

What caught my attention instantly was your proposed Cooling Jacket change which would most definitely break stuff more than it would fix it.

The proposed ammo changes are fine but unnecessary honestly, the Improved Rifling change is, well, a buff but not sure how that would translate in practice.

I'd like to add, balancing weapon mods is a extremely complex process. Especially with the wide variety of weapons and mods this game has. One can touch a certain mod and alter it slightly, making one gun or a set of guns completely broken or just stronger than anything else. There's a huge thread on weapon balancing, check out the opinions there.

IMO, balancing weapons and then the mods would result in a better overall gun play. As I've mentioned numerious times in the huge thread, a test district is more than necessary for this.

Fine... No problem then. But yeah, APB deserves a general re-balance on weapons and some exact measurement of the weapons stats.

Just now, Maverick13 said:

Fine... No problem then. But yeah, APB deserves a general re-balance on weapons and some exact measurement of the weapons stats.

Most definitely true! You can check out most of the weapon stats at 3rd party sites like APBDB and APBVault, but I'm not sure how up to date they are. Hopefully LO will make something similar and implement it in-game/ARMAS.

• Like 1

Just now, 悲しい春 said:

Most definitely true! You can check out most of the weapon stats at 3rd party sites like APBDB and APBVault, but I'm not sure how up to date they are. Hopefully LO will make something similar and implement it in-game/ARMAS.

Finally, this will help a lot. Both Veterans and New players. But the stats shouldn't remain exclusive to be seen on armas. They can implement it in the Details Section of the Weapon.

2 minutes ago, 悲しい春 said:

APB Vault is the info directly from G1.

The only missing info is damage dropoff ranges for weapons using the curve mechanic.