725dmg on the HVR and it should be fine. Don't know why they're trying these damage curves. Just unnecessary mechanics that are hard to grasp for new players.
As for the shotguns, tackling server performance would be a better route to balance them than to morph them into that. Higher tickrate/lower latency would help this fast paced game a lot!
Still hoping they'll revert OCA changes and reverting what the 2015 sprint-shoot patch did to semi-auto guns like the Scout and Obir, which did not need to be affected in the first place. (and jumpshooting scout maybe?)

Edited by 悲しい春
  • Like 1

-cobra is a really good choice now on dist b
-oblivion its ok maybe with 50+ damage is perfect
-srrb have a lees vertical recoil but in the sniper still high (only they touch the rifle)
-curse feel a little weird, look like has a lot of dispersion
-misery is "perfect" on test dist b
-ISSR-a is a viable option, better recovery and the hard damage still really high on dist a
-SWARM still the worst option on the game, the recovery on the continue shooting is the worst mechanic for low fps weapons
-ncr the new crosair looks cool and weird but is a better in that form

-the thumper is really good with the new config, not op but fun to use
-and the hot sauce on shotguns
the shotguns need a little buf maybe the half in the otw or like the otw with 5- mts less range

pd: sorry for the bad english, its not my main and im typing from my job xD

Edited by FoxyARG
edt a little ading dists

I feel like this version of the Misery i probably the better of the two. While I love the B Misery, it just doesn't feel like the same gun and it's super wonky. I think overall this version feels like it's a good balance between bursting and tap-firing, where bursting is still the most effective, but you can tap-fire some too. The overdamage is really nice.

Both SWARMS feel alright to me, but I don't have much experience with the SWARM in the first place, so my opinion is kinda' moot.

The Curse is already one of the best SMGs, so the buff's a little scary, but the nigh removal of the horiz recoil is nice feeling.

As someone who's favorite AR is basically the COBR-A, I was very scared these changes would change the feel of the gun too much, but both versions feel good. I think the A version has a shorter recovery delay than B, which might maybe be a little too short and make the gun OP, but I'm also weird in that I already think the COBR-A is a good gun on live. I'm probably just paranoid though.

The NCR is still not quite right on both versions. The crosshair is virtually pointless except the dot, and the bloom just feels awful on both of them. You really should just effectively remove the bloom, I.E. make the bloom constant and fully recover by the time you can fire another shot (without CJ3.)

As a side note, I really liked how the old Anubis basically always recovered its bloom at max RoF (without CJ3,) but for some reason if you matched the RoF of the gun perfectly the gun bloomed way more (but still recovered all the way.) I know it sounds weird, but I swear that's the way it used to be, and it made it really fun to have feedback as to when you were getting a perfect RoF and was just an interesting quirk.

I really feel though like the NCR really should have a 4-sided crosshair no matter what. As I said before, can you please make there be two versions of the NCR? the OCSP has multiple selectable versions when you get it in a JMB, just make a second NCR named the NCR-762 'Osiris' Adeen that has basically the old crosshair, and make the Anubis have a new crosshair.

Edited by Kewlin
  • Like 1

Here's what I've gathered thus far:

NCR "Anubis":

• Crosshair a bit difficult to use, it needs some sort of vertical post -In My Opinion-
    • Perhaps steal some assets from the Ursus? It has a very good sight -In My Opinion-
  • Hit registration seems quite a bit better with it. Before I could be shooting at someone, scoped, at point-blank range, and they could be standing still and still not hit them.
  • In general, a good step in the right direction, but I feel it's still a bit underwhelming. 
  • Some Recommendations:
    • Remove the mod all together. This gun is already unique as there is no way to get the default NCR in this game at the moment. Just add the mod's effect to the gun it'self. That way we can have 2 slots open.
    • Just let it be what it is: A mobile DMR. It should be the DMR's version of the Scout -In My Opinion-
Dow "Thumper"
  • Huge improvement. I think this gun is finally at a good place. It seems to work as intended now because it's mod was fairly useless before because of hit registration issues, and with the improved range, I can see this thing being more consistent.
Other then these two, I'm not familiar enough with the other weapons to give good feedback, but the shotguns other than the Dow Thumper seem a bit too strong at the moment.

340 dmg while strafing ADS with a stock HVR is way too low.

I don't claim to have the best input but something like 750 dmg max then movement dmg min of 550 seems like a solid fix to it's 'imbalance'

Edited by Archon

5 hours ago, 悲しい春 said:

725dmg on the HVR and it should be fine. Don't know why they're trying these damage curves. Just unnecessary mechanics that are hard to grasp for new players.
As for the shotguns, tackling server performance would be a better route to balance them than to morph them into that. Higher tickrate/lower latency would help this fast paced game a lot!
Still hoping they'll revert OCA changes and reverting what the 2015 sprint-shoot patch did to semi-auto guns like the Scout and Obir, which did not need to be affected in the first place. (and jumpshooting scout maybe?)

Because people would just use the scout instead.

4 hours ago, speee said:
9 hours ago, 悲しい春 said:

Because people would just use the scout instead.
F2P players don't have access to scouts normally anyway

11 hours ago, 悲しい春 said:

reverting what the 2015 sprint-shoot patch did to semi-auto guns like the Scout and Obir, which did not need to be affected in the first place

Ex-reloaded in charge of game development. It's not even the fact that they got nerfed in that way, the issue is I warp whenever I try to fire with a ping over 100, making it very difficult to track people properly when using a weapon that requires lots of refiring. Edited by Similarities

19 hours ago, Kiida said:
19 hours ago, Excalibur! said:

Lucky those who got scout and will quickswitch with it to role up the sniper role 😉
There are other snipers... ISSR would probably take over as meta.
its probably not a good idea  to have the issr go meta, as the p2w accusations will come back.

42 minutes ago, Toasted said:
20 hours ago, Kiida said:
its probably not a good idea  to have the issr go meta, as the p2w accusations will come back.
least on na, it pretty much already is meta. one of the best go-to weapons golds use because
  • less embarrassing than using the hvr ("at least its not an hvr")
  • less embarrassing than using the ntec ("at least its not an ntec")
  • fast rof, fast recovery, tight accuracy, low ttk (0.9s)
  • more versatile than the obir (most people using the obir suck at reverse switching and know it has a longer ttk pf 1.2s)
  • better than the obeya cr762 (cr762's bloom kills its optimal min-ttk of 0.84s at range)
  • better than the star lcr (faster rof and ttk)
  • better sniper than the dmr-sd (issr has faster rof, reload, and shorter ttk than 1.6s)
  • better av than the dmr-av (issr has faster rof, reload, and ammo to really take cars out more efficiently)
  • as mobile as the scout (but doesnt have that awkward delay between shots)
  • reliable at cqc
  • easy to say otherwise because mostly just golds have it (and when's the last time most of them actually wanted to see their crutch go away)
  • easy to say otherwise because "it's on the joker store" 

i honestly would not be surprised. Edited by tennogrineer

22 hours ago, Shini said:

HVR was also balanced in RTW because certain guns couldn't shoot past their intended range. The problem is this wasn't taken into account when APB changed with reloaded. Back then HVR was 850dmg even with high ttk. But now all guns can fire out at all ranges and easily make you easy pickings for HVR. There's just not enough downsides to the gun at the moment.

This was indeed a huge oversight when damage-drop-off replaced hard range limits. It was also a major indirect buff to all precise weapons (most prominently the N-Tec), because while they might not be able to kill you at all ranges, they could still stop your health regeneration.
So even if you get tagged by the HVR and do not die within the next moment because some team coordinated their attack ever so slightly, you're technically out of the fight for several seconds. Time in which your entire team can get wiped out or disabled by the HVR in just the same way.
It was a massive game-changer in the original game and it became an even bigger one after G1 changed core gameplay elements.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Excalibur! said:

RIP good f2p weapons.
Hold on ill wait the unaimed aims so i do more damage xDDD

you've said the exact same thing like 3 times already, nobody laughed or cared the first time, nobody laughed or cared this time.

2 minutes ago, Similarities said:
1 hour ago, Excalibur! said:

RIP good f2p weapons.
Hold on ill wait the unaimed aims so i do more damage xDDD

you've said the exact same thing like 3 times already, nobody laughed or cared the first time, nobody laughed or cared this time.
Why do u think i care that u care?

I do not understand why the shotguns are generally changed, the shotguns were as good as they were, but I'm curious how the shotguns are when they're done.

Do they ever do testing in an actual district?  I have trouble getting a real feel for a gun in the vacuum that is Baylan.  I can tell you I really like the COBRA, but I can't tell you if I think it's too strong or not because I can't test it properly with real world matches that take place with meta guns in different locations and such.  My brain just doesn't work that way.  Also thanks to all the people providing real feedback. Seems like the game is in good hands with you all.  🙂

ISSR-a
Lowering recovery time for accuracy loss, requiring you to wait less time after taking a shot to fire again.

Test A
Lower recovery delay to 0.335 (from 0.35)

The difference is negligible, always after 2 shots the 3 is slightly off and 4th completely inaccurate, the changes do not make the weapon any more functional than the current live version.

Suggestion for A phase 2 = 0.300
Suggestion for B phase 2 = 0.280

Edited by ElectroStingz